Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a movie for the ever-popular game Color a Dinosaur. Unlike adelikat's movie, mine colors the Stegosaur, so I believe our movies belong in seperate categories.

Goals & Settings

• FCEU 0.98.16
  • Attempts to Color the Stegosaur in the fastest time possible
  • Does not complete side quests
  • Uses death as a shortcut
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Eventually belong in a museum
  • Someone uses the final product as an avatar

Special Mentions

JXQ unfortunately could not do one of the other quests of this game and submit. He wanted to make one, but due to extenuating circumstances he can no longer walk.
Cardboard was too busy throwing sheep around to attempt one of the quests. But he sends his love in the form of a Dracula bashing.
Upthorn helped motivate me by telling me "The internet is like a big friendly library. If I want to eat a book I can eat a book."

Thoughts

The reason I chose to TAS this game is because it gives me lots of freedom. It allows one to know what would happen if the laws of nature governing these creatures' appearance were suddenly handed over to myself. The other reason is because DK64_MASTER needed a new pair of shoes.
I hope that by creating this TAS I can spur some competition on this game and hopefully bring it up to the level of perfection of Rockin' Kats, B.O.B., or Combatribes.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

Bisqwit: Thanks for contributing something for future reference. Now rejecting this submission in a non-humorous manner.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1901: Deign's NES Color a Dinosaur "Stegosaur" in 00:41.83
Player (208)
I personally feel that all 16 dinosaurs must be colored due to any lack of a game over screen after completing the first. Perhaps you should co-author a run with Adelikat? Maybe you can hex edit the runs you have each already completed into a new run.
Voted yes.
Experienced player (822)
Before voting, did you determine the optimal subpixel for each coloring space? And could different colors be used for different parts to further lower the time? I eagerly await your answers :)
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Dwedit
He/Him
I was thinking about doing a run of Perfect Fit... Should I bother?
Post subject: Suggested Screenshots
Voting Yes. Suggested Screenshots of interest (hotlinked to avoid epic spoilers): http://www.bluetoaster.net/tasvideos/subpics/1901/ Interesting fact: uncoldino.png is exactly 1337bytes. I think.
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Post subject: Re: Suggested Screenshots
Raiscan wrote:
Interesting fact: uncoldino.png is exactly 1337bytes. I think.
Oh my god! It is exactly 1337 bytes!!!!!11
Expert player (3578)
I liked it, it's hilarious how the colors where changed while drawing and it's also cool that the re-record count is a prime number.
feos wrote:
Only Aglar can improve this now.
How did I go this many years of my life without knowing that there was a game this cool for Nintendo? With all due respect to the immense amount of effort you put into this run, I second the motion that you really should color all 16 dinosaurs. It's kind of like completing only one boss in a Mega Man game. How did you guys decide which two you were going to TAS? I vote for fullcoldino.png to be the screenshot. Incidentally, because PNG is a compressed format, you can manipulate any image of roughly this size to be 1337 bytes by changing the compression level. Okay, in all seriousness, why can you only color the dinosaurs in orange and purple (and various patterns mixing the two)? I really don't understand the palette choice.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Encode EDIT by adelikat: Removed embed and changed to regular link and embedded in the submission instead.
Banned User, Former player
Why was this rejected? This was one of the most entertaining runs in recent history... :P
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
NitroGenesis wrote:
Hi, guys.
Nice try but suboptimal. With enough practice you may one day be among Deign and I as leet TASers of this game.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects