Submission Text Full Submission Page
Asteron: "4-game runs has been done ... you need to up the anti and go for 9-games."
Ask and you shall receive. This is a nontuplet (9 game) run of Barney's Hide and Seek. You see, the movie file works for EVERY Barney's Hide and Seek ROM.
Uses Gens 9Z.

GOALS

• Shortest movie possible.
  • Lowest % possible.
  • Speed is not an aim.
I would have used death abuse, but every time I try to die Barney holds up a stop sign.
As it turns out, Barney is a douche bag. He left every one of those children (and presents) still hiding out in farms and forests and underwater. Then again, Barney was playing hide and seek with multiple tools ... why are they still waiting for his purple ass?
ROMS that have been successfully tested using this movie file:
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [!].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [b1].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [f1].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [f2].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [h1C].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [hI].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [hI][f1].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [hI][f2].gen
  • Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [hIR].gen
This run took me a very long time, which I had been working on in secret. If you do not accept this run and make me into a Player status in the forums, babies will probably end up dying. So, do it for the babies. And the dinosaurs.
Thanks for the votes, and remember ... I LOVE YOU!

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. I'm not sure I got the right ROM though. (I tried Barney's Hide & Seek Game (U) [!].gen, which was the closest match to what you wrote.) Well, here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

Bisqwit: Thanks for trying. Very well done improving the previous submission by 28539%. However, this submission, or the game, does not really have what it takes to become part of the TASVideos permanent archive of tool-assisted superplay videos. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1903: Sticky's Genesis Barney's Hide and Seek in 00:02.75
Experienced player (822)
2.75 seconds of Barney is 2.749999... seconds too long. EDIT: Thanks Ferret, wouldn't want anyone to think I enjoyed .000001 seconds of Barney.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Skilled player (1404)
mmbossman wrote:
2.75 seconds of Barney is 2.749999 seconds too long.
Certainly you meant to put an ellipsis after that. ;P
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Oooh! I just loove Barney! Definite yes! Oops! I have to watch it first ;P
I don't understand what manner of thing this is supposed to be.
Well, in order to get all 9 ROMS to complete the game within 170 frames of eachother, I had to press start. ~3 or 4 ROMS had some slogan or something at the beginning (I know the second on the list does), so to quickly bypass the slogan I pressed start. Game completed x9!
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Player (147)
YouTube vid pl0x
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Egads... the point is that it plays itself? That's more evil than all those Where's Waldo submissions put together. :0
Count your blessings that I am doing this for you, RT... its gonna take a while ;) I will edit this when I have it uploaded. EDIT: Sorry, RT, but my avi keeps coming up broken. Maybe another could encode? I have an updated input file if you choose to use the gens avi Updated!
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Experienced player (822)
Wow, it does actually play all the way through the game. Consider me impressed! And I only spent about 45 seconds fast forwarding through the game playing itself.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Dromiceius wrote:
Egads... the point is that it plays itself?
No, no. It plays itself NINE TIMES! [insert dramatic music, preferably Duel of the Fates {no, it doesn't fit, but I like the song.}]
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Editor, Expert player (2460)
I actually found a way to die in this game: Just collect the HIV potion and wait 11 hours.
Player (147)
Aqfaq wrote:
I actually found a way to die in this game: Just collect the HIV potion and wait 11 hours.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Active player (308)
I dunno if this run will be accepted, but you deserve not a "Player" status, but a "Barney" one.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
I'm still not convinced that this input will complete all 9 games until I see an AVI that shows them all playing at once. On second thought, forget it. I really don't want to watch that much Barney.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
The only input that happens is to optimize the start of the rom. A few of the images are complete with a ripper picture or spiel, idk what to call it. i press start so the game can continue (you MUST press start to get passed that ripper's post) If you dont believe me, try me... I am also trying to get a vid posted on youtube, but compression is not my friend today T_T
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
I was kidding. Please don't make an AVI. Barney has done enough for the world already.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Skilled player (1404)
I busted out laughing when I saw what NesVideoAgent put up for the screenshots. XD
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
I had been trying for RT, but I PHAILED T_T
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Skilled player (1637)
This video isn't good, because the dinosaur is already colored ugly colors.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
stickyman05 wrote:
Dromiceius wrote:
Egads... the point is that it plays itself?
No, no. It plays itself NINE TIMES! [insert dramatic music, preferably Duel of the Fates {no, it doesn't fit, but I like the song.}]
I can do it! I can do it NINE TIMES!
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
Thanks, Critical five! :D I retract my previous statement due to a smart-ass encoder.
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote: