Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hello, welcome to my first tool-assisted speedrun. For those of you who don't know, Ms Pacman is a game in which you must play through different levels in the form of a maze, collect all of the dots, and avoid being eaten by the ghosts. I chose Ms Pacman as a game because I like it alot, it isn't too complicated to TAS, and there were no submissions of it. I personally do not believe that it is one of those "boring to watch" games, though others might differ in opinion.
This run didn't take very long to make (about 1-2 weeks), as it is a short game by the creators' intention. I know that there are actually about 139 levels total before the game bugs and erases the walls and makes it impossible to beat, but I'm 99% sure that level 9 is the last intended level since it is the last level before the "junior" cutscene, which is the last one in the game.
I didn't really have any outside assisstance. I looked at some sites, but none of them had any speed tips.
I didn't use programing errors (glitches), as there aren't any that would help me in my run, but I did take advantage of how the ghosts were programmed to move.
I didn't use death, since getting killed wastes too much time, and I wouldn't get into a position where I would need it anyway.
I think that this run turned out pretty well. I might have eaten too many ghosts, though (eating 1 ghost takes slightly less than a second), but it's hard to create a good route and not eat ghosts or go fast by avoiding it. Well, that's all I have to say. If I left something out of the description then let me know. Enjoy!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1933: Samoht's GBA Ms Pacman in 06:54.05
Didn't looked this movie to the end, because it looks really boring for me - almost same levels which also repeats twice, constant pauses when eating ghosts... This game has much more fun to play than watch. I can't vote anyway, so I only wonder, why GBA version?
Experienced player (822)
There was a noticeable lack of ghost manipluation in 2-1 and the last level. Also, I doubt that the absolute best routes were chosen for a couple levels. A run that totally avoids all ghosts while still managing to take the fastest routes might be interesting to watch, but as it sits right now, this looks more like a very good pacman player than a TAS. Voting no.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
mmbossman wrote:
There was a noticeable lack of ghost manipluation in 2-1 and the last level. Also, I doubt that the absolute best routes were chosen for a couple levels. A run that totally avoids all ghosts while still managing to take the fastest routes might be interesting to watch, but as it sits right now, this looks more like a very good pacman player than a TAS. Voting no.
I knew someone would mention the route. Trust me, I tried a million routes. Usually, if I took the route that looks "faster," I will eventually run into a ghost.
Experienced player (822)
Re-record count: 407 Not to say you didn't try "a million" routes, but from experience with games like this, it'd doubtful you found the truly optimal routes for each screen, especially since you admitted that you weren't able to manipulate the ghosts. Even with a game as simple as Donkey Kong, the optimal route wasn't found until the 3rd or 4th publication.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
I decided to redo this. I found a glitch that lets you pass through ghosts. It has to be frame perfect, so its great for TAS. I also found better routes.
My suggestion would be to either search for a Ms. Pacman topic or create your own, and then publish WIPS, so we can critique it BEFORE you put it on the workbench. Usually <read> runs turn out better if more people voice input on what looks good and what doesn't.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!