Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hi, I'm umekor, and this is my first full TAS run, which is a run of Balloon Fight's GB sequel, Balloon Kid. The run was started originally by girfanatic501, but he lost interest and let me do it over. So, I start playing a little after the beggining of Stage 1. Enjoy :)
A glitch is used in Boss 2 in which Annie jumps off of the fishes head then immediatly grabs the balloons again. In my tryings, I have found this very difficult to do normally.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also corrected the ROM name.
  • You indicated Ballon Kid (JUE) [!].gb
  • I updated it to Balloon Kid (JUE) [!].gb

Truncated: This is a poor choice of game, as noted in the previous submission for this game. On top of this, viewers (including me) find it poorly played. Rejecting for these two reasons.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1951: umekor's GB Balloon Kid in 28:49.23
Skilled player (1670)
It's a 28 minute long autoscroller which is slower than my car and ten times more boring. No.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Player (24)
I have TAS this one in the past too. Was not accepted, because the game itself is to slow. For this TAS I say NO. Some things are better, but the most not. Pro for this TAS: - Faster then my TAS. (But not the Boss fights) - You collect more Ballons and get a Power Ballon which makes you invisible and the game faster for a short time. I have not know this and collect near no Ballons. This seems its a big time-saver here. Contra: - Fast Buttons pressing, so maybe some frames to slow. (not so important at all) - You use the Ballons to fly. I have try to play it a different way and use only Ballons, when there was no other way. So I played the 1st Stage without use them. I like my way better, jump from enemie to enemie. (but at all just a stylish thing) Important Contra: - You collect after the P-Ballon more Ballons and that the Ballons change to 2 Ballons. This looks like, that the gameplay stops after that some seconds. And it slow down the TAS. - Boss 1 fight is not optimized, you hit him not every first possible Frame. And you reach the exit to slow. I defeat him as fast as possible and reach the exit without lose time. - Boss 2 extremly slow, by me he not dive at all. And after the end you wait again to long till you reach the exit. - Stage 5 and later no P-Ballon? - Boss 3 not optimzied. - Stage 7, the Glitch which I found out is not used. You can jump on the spikes, when you jump as fast as possible. Same in Stage 8 with the firesea. - Boss 4 extremly slow, by me he never shot Stars. So at all, its faster as mine. But I think only, because from the P-Ballons, which are used only in the first Stages. The Boss Fights are much slower as mine. So a big No for that. PS: Is it possible to get the P-Ballon before the Boss fights starts, and defeat the Boss this way?
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Cardboard wrote:
It's a 28 minute long autoscroller which is slower than my car and ten times more boring. No.
It's Ballon Kid, how can't it be good? Anyway, didn't watched it to the end so ant gonna vote. EDIT: Grammar
"No love for the game gear"
Experienced player (822)
I concur with Cardboard
Although the old school gameboy graphic was kinda cool.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Dwedit
He/Him
way too many rerecords
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!