Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
This game isn't a port. It has new levels (96 in total), enemy (Buried Guy) and objects (rocks), and its gameplay is a little different (a portal must be taken to complete a level). It has better graphics and music than most of other console 2D versions except the SNES version which was just a remake of the Lode Runner for NES. IIRC, there is a Buried Guy hidden in a certain brick block every level. He carries a bonus teddy bear and to get it you have to trap him in a hole. He won't reborn if you kill him in the current level. Otherwise he is just a different-looking baddy as the others. You don't either need to reveal, trap or kill him, or get his teddy bear to complete the level. Rocks are acting like plain boxes in other games. They can be pushed, used as platforms and baddy crushers, or buried to vanish permanently. Baddies cannot move Rocks. I've made a short test run using the (J) ROM since no (U) or (E) ROMs are available. I completed 3 levels in Small World, getting all teddy bears dropped by the hidden Buried Guy. I'm not sure if collecting them is a good idea since in some levels collecting them takes considerable time. EDIT: About the Buried Guy and Rock objects. EDIT 2: Level 3 redone using a better solution. However... Here's a run with 3 levels done without collecting any teddy bears. I'm tending not to collect teddy bears now since I found the Buried Guy can be spawned in one of two places in most levels, and you see how dealing with him prolongs the run....
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Experienced player (822)
Please continue this:) I'm not sure if it would receive good feedback if submitted, but I would love to see it completed. If LR: The Legend Returns is ever TASable, I'll be one of the first ones to tackle it (loved that game).
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Oh someone likes this! BTW, it's said that LR: The Legend Returns was released on DOS, so I think you can use a rerecording version of DOSBox to TAS it. DOSBox movies are not accepted now, though.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Bump... I have been not working on it for weeks. People want this to be completed? Please let me know if. The latest WIP: Level 12 completed
It just cost me a few hours to finish the last few levels which had been left for very, very long: "Small World" run in 16:56.27! It seems that there's no love for this game in this community, so I'd upload it somewhere else. There can be a 9-frame improvement in Level 23, but I won't bother unless I change my mind.
klmz wrote:
It just cost me a few hours to finish the last few levels which had been left for very, very long: "Small World" run in 16:56.27! It seems that there's no love for this game in this community, so I'd upload it somewhere else. There can be a 9-frame improvement in Level 23, but I won't bother unless I change my mind.
o.O I never noticed this thread before, but I am definitely interested in more more more! Please don't stop! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
o.O I never noticed this thread before, but I am definitely interested in more more more! Please don't stop!
Wow, thanks! This makes me see the hope! I may finish other incomplete runs before pick this up again though. Anyway, what run would the audience like to see? All worlds/levels? Small/Middle/Hidden/High World only? Some selected worlds/levels only?
Experienced player (822)
Don't think I forgot klmz :) I have downloaded your movie, but I haven't had time to watch it yet, unfortunately. I'll let you know what I think when I do though.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Player (120)
Er, I watched your most recent WIP back when you posted it -- very nice! Depending on how long it will be, I think all levels would be preferable. I didn't get bored at all (of course, I'm a fan of Lode Runner so...)
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Er, I am afraid that Middle World isn't very interesting...
Player (120)
Er, that's unfortunate... Well please give us something! Hardest levels, maybe? I trust your judgment :)
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
I can't tell which is harder, Hidden World or High World. I may make a test run of Hidden World first as it is smaller than High World and thus shorter in theory. EDIT: "Small World" TAS v3 in 16:53.60! EDIT 2: For those who only want to see improvements since v2, here's the small list of visible improvements: * Level 7: I exploited the rock-edge-walking glitch to shorten the pushing distance. * Level 10: I pushed the rock to the right as soon as I fell to its left side. * Level 23: The same improvement as Level 7, but for simplifying drilling strategy instead.