-No warps
-As fast as possible
-Abuses programming error on level 10.
The rat on level 10 is flagged as boss with infinite energy, but i managed to kill it, which ended the level earlier than supposed to.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #200: nesrocks's NES Battletoads "1p warpless" in 27:33.38
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [70] NES Battletoads "warpless, 1 player" by nesrocks in 27:33.38
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
damn, i just found out that the boss in 1st level will always throw the ball at the same frame, no matter how fast i get there... that sucks i had over 2 seconds of improvement and its worth nothing because the boss waits for the frame he shoots a ball so i cant attack him, have to wait for the ball always at the same frame. :S
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
but i also found a backwards headbutt move and a way to get through brick walls in level 4! edit#1: i could get through the first brick wall without any visible problems, but the second one needs to be destroyed or else the checkpoiint isnt marked and the game crashes at the mosquito part. edit#2: oops lol, i got through the first brick wall using the cheat, then i destroyed the second wall or else it crashed the game, but then all moviing sprites disappeared, it was just be and the level, no enemyes, no walls and... no moving plataforms :P i guess i'll have to destroy all brick walls besides the last ones when i dont need moving plataforms anymore btw, the trick to get through the brick wall is hold down, then press forward, let go for 1 frame, forward 1 frame, let go for another frame and so on untill you're at least half past the wall. edit#3: i guess the problem is the nes memory overflows because the checkpoints kill all enemies that were present before that point. i need to select which walls can be passed through by trial and error. edit#4: ok only the last one can be passed through without destroying :(
Man, this movie just makes fun of the game's toughness. I love it from the bottom of my heart :) One thing I noticed, though: In level 2, when you hit the crows the screen always stops for a little while (about 0.2 seconds or so). I was wondering if you could squeeze some time off by hitting the crows only once and not juggling with them or am I missing something obvious? Anyway, it's an über movie, especially the snake pit level...mm...
"You win because you have a Kunio-kun avatar." -Boco
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
thanx, but this is the old version, i released a new one yesterday, its here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1679 (the crow thing is discussed there too)
Editor, Player (67)
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)