Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.16
  • Aims for fastest real time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Jump as last as possible

Game comment

Music!Tada tada, da. Tada tada. Tada tada, da, da.... da.... Is some one know this game?Ha.I think everyone know it. YES! It's Robocop(The hero of the city) .Mabe we regret the game(Robocop)is ont good to TAS. Don't worry,I bring you a good game this time-Robocop 3 !Let's go to see how cool Robocop is in this game!

Stage by stage comments

STAGE 1

The full of the crime street. Here comes the Robocop! March forward courageously to be blind to the damage of enemy.I didn't kill all the enemy quickly because this affect the position where the next enemy comes.

STAGE 2

The factory. When Robocop jump ,he will stop a moment. So I walk through the vitriol-water.This way can save many time. The boos in stage 2 is two ninjas. I promote the gun-level to kill them easily.

STAGE 3

Cool!A jet-pack on the back of Robocop.Fly!The boss in stage 3 is a tank.What?You only see the muzzle of the tank?HAHA,here,I promote the fire-gun level to MAX. It can kill all the enemy ,even the enemy out of the TV screen.I KO the boos before you see it:)

STAGE 4

Nothing especially work

STAGE 5(FINAL MISSION)

The way to pass the stage is especially You should work on the computer to make the 12 numbers stop. Then, the factory wiil get blast,and you wii finish all the mission. I move back a moment because I want to catch the Manipulates luck to avoid the attack from the two ninjas.Perfect,I finished the last number when only one HP remains:)

END

I do this FCM three times. I try my best to make the movie faster and faster. I think the moste important to TAS the game is the Manipulates luck. Have a good time everyone and I hope you will love this game.Thanks!

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also corrected the ROM name.
  • You indicated Robocop 3 (U).nes
  • I updated it to RoboCop 3 (U) [o1].nes

mmbossman: Accepting for publication

Raiscan: Marching forward courageously Processing.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2051: dragonxyk's NES Robocop 3 in 05:09.82
Senior Moderator
I like your submission text. :)
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Banned User
I never seen a Robocop game this fast. I am deeply sure this would be a more decent game to TAS despite cheap-ass turtle-play on the first one. My vote is a yes.
Passcode, my ass. Robocop was depositing petrol into a trashcan via his main duct! Robocop's incontinence notwithstanding, this movie is dandy. Yes vote.
Robocop, I hated those movies! But this run was fast enough for me not to hate it, yes vote!
"No love for the game gear"
Skilled player (1469)
Robocop series is very hard to make movie,but this movie did show smooth feeling.Yes vote.
Do the work.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Clearly minimizing jumps is the main priority in a TAS of this game. Wow his landings are slow. You handled the situations quite well from what i could tell. Especially when you had the jetpack. You seemed to be able to use it to minimize as many jumps as possible. The game has some rather clunky aspects but also some really nice TAS moments, like the end of level 1 where you suddenly start slaughtering everyone. Yeah robocop! shoot those bad guys! And how fitting for it to be with robotic precision. I guess I vote yes.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1402)
Nice, now do Robocop 2.
Former player
Good,it seems that this movie is perfect.Yes~!~
J.Y
Skilled player (1154)
Wanderful~!~ YES!~
Active player (308)
hah... I don't need to watch. Your submission text alone wins the YES vote! hahah... congratulations
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Banned User
Why did VideoAgent run snapshots off a corrupted ROM instead of a clean one?! That's wrong.
Because, according to Bisqwit, the author used the overdump (CRC check). It still syncs in the good dump though.. Voted yes for unexpected Robocop rampage near the end of level 1.
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Banned User
I understand. Using a clean rom gives a better result which we all should know.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1178] NES RoboCop 3 by dragonxyk in 05:09.82
Former player
Whoever is responsible, that title screen image should be the picture for this game. Amazing graphics! This run was much better than the film of the same name. I think marching through acid and blindly eating hits is what the real Robocop would do. The "boss battle" was a great example, you ignored them completely and completed your mission. Great job!
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
I love how if you pay attention, the two ninjas attacking Robocop magically turn into hot chicks in the ending shot. Who would have thought he could be that awesome?
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
I don't know about you guys, but I hate it when I'm trying to urinate on a computer console and color coordinated ninjas hassle me. And the little girl resembling Edna from The Incredibles at the computer terminal--what became of her when Robocop's potent pee pulverized the net cafe? Minding her own business then BLAM? Wait, I think I see her burning in the wreckage. Robocop looks like a Gobot at the end. This game suffers from the Commodore 64 "fast arpeggios are never inappropriate" syndrome, though that's hardly surprising considering this is Ocean. How difficult is this game in real time? Robocop seems practically invincible.
Skilled player (1670)
Raiscan wrote:
I love how if you pay attention, the two ninjas attacking Robocop magically turn into hot chicks in the ending shot. Who would have thought he could be that awesome?
They are female ninjas, and in the end Robocop overheats the building so they have to take off their clothing. At least in my fantasy.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Banned User, Former player
Does this game use a custom sound chip? The sounds sound unusual and better than the regular NES sounds.
Warp wrote:
Does this game use a custom sound chip? The sounds sound unusual and better than the regular NES sounds.
Ocean cut its teeth on the C64 so the company was accustomed to stretching sound chips. Robocop 3 pushes the triangle wave pretty low--and it gets distorted down there. The rest of the effects were due to fast arpeggios (i.e. getting a chord out of one sound channel) and PCM effects. Personally, I'm not a fan. NES doesn't handle C64 type sound well, and it almost sounds like Ocean artificially restricted themselves to three channels for music--cuz that's what the C64 had. EDIT: Listening to it again, it actually sounds like Robocop uses a single channel for music most of the time, electing to dedicate the rest to effects. The amount of sound Ocean produces out of a single channel is impressive but arguably suboptimal given every other NES game shares channels between music and effects.
Anyone remember The Adventures of Bayou Billy/Mad City? That game had a trick to one of its themes as well where it'd play two notes REALLY REALLY close together and make it sound like two notes being played. Anyways...this game is pathetically easy and terribly short, but I like the whole "unit damaged" concept and wish more games did that. This TAS is pretty darn good, too.
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look. -=( http://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-
Joseph Collins wrote:
Anyone remember The Adventures of Bayou Billy/Mad City? That game had a trick to one of its themes as well where it'd play two notes REALLY REALLY close together and make it sound like two notes being played.
We have a TAS here.
Joseph Collins wrote:
Anyways...this game is pathetically easy and terribly short, but I like the whole "unit damaged" concept and wish more games did that. This TAS is pretty darn good, too.
I think that happened at specific health efficiency levels and had no practical effect, though I'm not sure. Otherwise you might have a different run that stayed above "leg units damaged" and went faster...but I'm not sure whether that's true. I didn't notice a significant difference in speed.
Banned User, Former player
Whelkman wrote:
Ocean cut its teeth on the C64 so the company was accustomed to stretching sound chips.
No wonder Adidas Championship Football for the Spectrum128 was from Ocean: http://kapsi.fi/warp/AdidasChampionshipFootball.mp3
Warp wrote:
No wonder Adidas Championship Football for the Spectrum128 was from Ocean: http://kapsi.fi/warp/AdidasChampionshipFootball.mp3
The Spectrum's sound generator was similar to that in the C64 except without the analog filter. This audio is generated from the same sound chip used in the Spectrum, except from an Atari ST. Stereo was added by the software player, but all the pitch bends, multiplexing effects, etc. are legit: http://www.box.net/shared/036lg7j12s http://www.box.net/shared/k6zgyley2i