Submission Text Full Submission Page

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.15 or compatible
  • Ran accidentally in PAL mode -- the real movie length is 1:53.4, not 2:16.08.
  • Completes the game as fast as possible
  • Takes no damage, and gets a perfect completion

Comments

Yie Ar Kung-Fu is a martial arts game that used to be distributed on many pirate multigame carts in the hot era of NES. The plot, I guess, goes like this: Beat five Kung-Fu champions, then beat them again, ad infinitum.
There are five bosses in this movie:
  • Wang. He uses a wooden stick as his weapon.
  • Tao. He shoots fireballs from his mouth.
  • Chen. He uses a chain which he whips around.
  • Lang. She's a chick.
  • Mu. He can fly like Raiden.
Additionally, there's a bonus stage.
I accidentally recorded this movie (and the previous submission) in PAL mode. This movie will desync if you use NTSC mode. In PAL mode, it will run slower than it should. The real length of this movie would be about 1:53.4.

Bisqwit: Cancelling and will redo in proper mode.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2073: Bisqwit's NES Yie Ar Kung-Fu in 02:16.08
mz
Player (79)
I played this game a lot as a kid, and I rarely could make it to the second Wang. Even then, this movie wasn't really interesting, but it's very short, so I give it a weak Yes. By the way, FCEU 0.98.15 desyncs for me. I had to use .13, which works fine.
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
Banned User, Former player
It's recorded in the wrong mode, the game sucks, and this movie was only interesting when the emulator lagged.
Perma-banned
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
I dislike that it was recorded in the wrong mode, but I found it pretty entertaining to watch. On the plus side as well, it was quite short. I gave it a yes.
Post subject: Re: #2073: Bisqwit's NES Yie Ar Kung-Fu in 02:16.08
Banned User, Former player
NesVideoAgent wrote:
Ran accidentally in PAL mode -- the real movie length is 1:53.4, not 2:16.08.
Then why don't you redo it in the correct mode? You will probably even improve it that way. (The first TAS of a game is *never* perfect.)
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!