• Emulator used: Famtasia 5.1
Selected quotes from the author:
Finished my second attempt, 18:55 this time, and a lot more showing off. Should be a lot more entertaining this time around. The orb really helped in a couple spots, like the last level of planet 3, so I'm glad you brought that to my attention.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #49: Cheez's NES Street Fighter 2010 in 18:55.27
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [107] NES Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight by Cheez in 18:55.27
Post subject: Re: Movie published
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
submission description wrote:
A unique game to say the least, in Street Fighter 2010(completely unrelated to the fighting game series) the player must go through a series of levels, collecting enough powerups to warp from one to the next.
In fact, the game is related, think about it: street fighter, released by capcom on the early 90's, the main character is ken throwing hadoukens everywhere...
Post subject: Re: Movie published
Former player
FODA wrote:
In fact, the game is related, think about it: street fighter, released by capcom on the early 90's, the main character is ken throwing hadoukens everywhere...
Different name, storyline, and characters in Japan. Sorry. It was retitled "Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight" in the US for the same reason the SaGa games were retitled "Final Fantasy Legend".
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
And even then, the fact that the main character was named "Ken" was really the only similarity. Interestingly, Street Fighter 2010 was released BEFORE SFII, if memory serves.
Emptyeye.com- Come for the music, stay for the blog.
Former player
Wait, wasn't Seiken Densetsu the first Final Fantasy Legend? Anyway, yeah, no relation to SF. Odd why they'd name it after a game which up to that point was extremely obscure, but there ya go... -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Former player
No, Seiken Densetsu became Final Fantasy Adventure. But as it's an FF spinoff (or, to be entirely accurate, FF is a SD spinoff (there's a long story about that)) the title is accurate. Not so for SaGa.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
sf 2010 was released in 90, and sf2 was released in 91, so they were already making sf2 when sf 2010 was released. do you know the name of the sf 2010 J version? i couldnt find anything about it on the net, some sites said what you said, but none said the game's name...