• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.0.2
  • Aims fastest time possible
  • Uses death as a shortcut
  • Takes damage to save time

Glitches/Tricks used

Moonwalking/Sliding/Stopping Instantly

Moonwalking: pressing opposite direction frame before you hit the ground
Useless
Sliding: pressing downforward frame before you hit the ground and then holding down
Only usefull at the ice cave where i change to bob-louie and slide second part of the ice cave with his faster movement speed also you can kill small enemies while sliding which comes handy because bob-louie cant jump on ice.
Stopping Instantly: not pressing any direction key frame before hitting ground
This stops character instantly even if at full speed good when need to turn fast mostly used when in jungle for first time

Faster Throwing

Normally any charather throws behind their backs but by turning around frame before the throw and then turning back the ball will be thrown from the front of the character really usefull at Freeon-leeon and Gil battles

Skipping Shades

It is possible to skip one of the characters which is only required to one jump in the game but that jump is possible with bob-louie too by having right subpixel position, jumping at the last frame possible and doing mario like wall jump(thanks to Blublu, Fihlvein and KennyMan666 for discovering this). The jump happens at frames 6845-6900

Charging secret weapon with another characher

The game has 4 secret weapons one for each characher but only one is required because you can change character at mid charge and then use other characters secret weapon even if you dont have it expect gils secret weapon which is required to have because of those bricks you need to bomb and if you change characters the bricks will just come back so its required to get.

Route

Pretty simple since i decided to use death as a shortcut basicly get item and die.

Bosses

Freeon-Leeon

Freeon-Leeon and Gil battles were probably hardest to optimize because the ball needs to be thrown from right position so you can get it again fast and keep it close to boss so you can hit him as fast as possible you can pick ball again after 48 frames has passed from the throw. You may notice the boss wont blink all the time which i think is impossible to do there is always one or two thorws where you need to sacrifice few frames, if i just try throw always fast as possible the ball will go too far and it will lose even more frames.

Creature #1 (Suction Cup)

This boss was easiest of all, First phase nothing special always get ball first frame its possible to pick and throw it instantly. Second phase is pretty annoying because you need to wait him to come back down before you can hit him only last hit needs to be done fast if the boss would blink 5-10 frames less it would be possible to do this faster.

Gil

Pretty much the same as Freeon-Leeon only thing different is Gil is little bit faster which actually made him little bit easier

Cat #1 (Red Key)

For me this is most enjoyable fight in the game only thing bothered me on first phase was the last alien kitty he drops in the corner which makes last hit pretty long after first hits were so fast and only way to make him drop it elsewhere is to make second last hit later but that makes it even longer. Second phase was simple.

Creature #2 (Gil's Secret Weapon)

This was really frustrating simply because when testing optimal spot to hit so gil can accelrate much as possible and then test when to swim up, which frame i can pickup the ball and then it wasnt right spot go back again try to hit one frame later do the same things. Not really so hard to do but sure did take a lot of time.

Cat #2 (Green Key)

This was pretty easy boss to do nothing special expect after first hit im able to go other side. Fun Fact: "All" Three characters was used in this fight.

Cat #3 (Blue Key)

First phase: Pretty easy to do not so exiting to watch Second phase: ...

Final Boss

Nothing to say Little guy got abused and probably got scarred for life.

Thanks to

Blublu: His old runs inspired me to do this also gave some feedback
KennyMan666: Always giving feedback and ideas without him this run most likely wouldnt be finished

mmbossman: Good viewer response; accepting.
ShinyDoofy: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2104: Adebis's NES Ufouria: The Saga in 25:32.43
KennyMan666
He/Him
Woo, finally! That was great. That Unyo fight was a thing of glory. The death abuse I could likely make use of if I ever get back into console speedrunning this game. I give you an A for the run and a C- for the submission text.
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
Skilled player (1404)
Well, I approved of it when it wasn't done; why shouldn't I approve of it now? Good job! I like how you made a complete joke out of the final boss. Only one thing: It seems like one of the balls you threw at the alien cat missed. I'm also assuming that the light switch needs to be pressed before those platforms appear. Bummer. I'll admit that section was *rough* to sit through.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Former player
Man, this game just kicks so much ass, this is what Metroid should've been like. Great job with the run.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
IIRC, I beat the game without turning on the light. I didn't skip Shade, so it might be that I used him to cross the pit if the platforms weren't be there while the light was out.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Player (67)
Holy crap! I had no idea you could kill those bosses so fast! Nice job!
Player (120)
This was a very solid and impressive run. I've never played this game until now, but it's obvious that you are abusing the crap out of it... I personally liked your waiting time antics too. Gave it 8/8. Though I have no idea how, I'm convinced it can be done faster and look forward to an improvement :)
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Joe
The game was very fun to watch, particularly the boss battles. The segment with gil's bomb blast was a bit lengthy, though, so I subtracted one entertainment point. The technical aspects of the game were outstanding, so no points lost there.
I've waited years for this. No joke. :)
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress." http://speeddemosarchive.com/
Wow... this was just a piece of heaven... if I was tripping out on Acid before watching a Metroid like game... Giant Rolling Stone lips, climbing on drool, constant morphing.. and a little dude who humps the wall as hard and fast as he can so he can climb? And it done fast and efficiently? Very entertaining and awesome on the tech. Definitely a keeper.. unless you just dropped acid before watching of course... ^^;; Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
It was really cool finally seeing a TAS of this underrated game. The way you handled shades's part without shades was just :o I can't remember which boss this was (which is sad because I just watched the TAS yesterday), but why did you switch between Bop-Louie and Gil? It didn't look like there was much benefit to switching. Is it just me or do the suction cup boss and the last boss look turned on when you hit them? Kennyman666: You now REALLY need to improve your speed run :P
Player (67)
mikwuyma wrote:
why did you switch between Bop-Louie and Gil? It didn't look like there was much benefit to switching.
Because jumping on top of that boss boosts you to the top of the screen. Switching to Bop-Louie in the water makes him play the "drown" animation and sets his upwards-going speed at a fixed very slow speed. When he switches back to Gil he can fall back down immediately. So that's why he switches between the two.
KennyMan666
He/Him
mikwuyma wrote:
Kennyman666: You now REALLY need to improve your speed run :P
I really WANT to improve my speedrun. Problem lies in me not having any means of recording nowadays. :(
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
Blublu: Thanks for the explanation. Kennyman666: Go steal Frezy_Man's DVD recorder or something :P
KennyMan666
He/Him
Also, my NES has gone into a state of Not Working, so actually HAVING means of recording wouldn't help right now. But that happened recently, and me not being able to record anymore happened two years ago.
Banned User
I really liked this one! I was about to give it a very high vote for entertaining, but I ended up voting only 8.5 because of those boring parts where you have to destroy the bricks with the green guy's bomb. Sometimes I think that the programmers just have nothing better to do and insert slow sections for no reason. Still, awesome run, I'd say it's technically great so I voted 9.5 for that. And, as usual, here's my encode of it. I used a very, very low bitrate in order to make it look almost as bad as the official encodes, hopefully this is a step in the right direction :)
Gone.
Thanks again for the encode, Nineko. Man, that game is bizarre. Didn't see any obvious mistakes, and while the bomb sections were tedious, that's what fast forward is for.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Experienced player (822)
A decent platformer, but I found parts of it somewhat tedious, especially the bomb sections. However the bosses were pretty impressive and entertaining.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1216] NES Ufouria: The Saga by Adebis in 25:32.43
Yet another Sunsoft game with great music--the drum work is especially awesome. As said by others, the change in pace by excessive bombing is baffling. This game is very Japanese; the artwork is superb. The doors look exactly like Bionic Commando's. I kept expecting to see Hitler behind one. The play looks very tight.