Submission Text Full Submission Page
My english is not good. The Lucky Dime Caper is a great Disney´s platform game for Master System.
Emulator Used: Dega-1.14a

Game objectives

• Aims for fastest time
  • Takes no damage
  • No use warp

Comments

A basic Platform game. Donald use the jump and a hammer. In first three satges, he rescue yours nephews. In other three rescue the nephews dime. In final Stage rescue the scrooge's dime. The enemy is Magica De Spell.

Truncated: Hello and welcome to Tasvideos! Congratulations on making your first movie.
As far as I can tell, it seems this movie is recorded in NTSC, but the game you are playing is in PAL. The result of this is a movie which plays faster than it should, and we do not allow that. Please see the rules, under the heading The PAL/NTSC settings must be correct. This unfortunately means I cannot accept your movie.
If you are going to redo it, make sure Graphics -> PAL is checked before starting to record. Also, I would check the boss fights, the corner cutting when exiting the swimming stage, and that you are well positioned when the screen starts autoscrolling.
I am not convinced that this game can be played entertainingly - nothing much unexpected happens, and the entertainment votes were low - but perhaps you can surprise me.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Wow, 3.5 minutes faster?! Man, unreal.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
If someone can give me a 2 part encode, I'll youtube it. If I do it manually the results look crappy because I'd have to use Windows Movie Maker. =P
Player (70)
Wow.. Nice improvement. I will watch this when I get back home. Flygon - Why do you "have to use Windows Movie Maker"? virtualdub and avidemux are two great program, and they are free.
Do they support splitting an AVI or MKV into two seperate movies?
Player (70)
Yes
Former player
Sir VG wrote:
Wow, 3.5 minutes faster?! Man, unreal.
Unfortunately, unreal it is indeed. This run runs with 60 fps instead of 50 (it's a PAL game, not NTSC). About the run: I got exactly what I was hoping for: somebody other than me cared about this game! :) While I do like the boss fights (theý look a little cleaner than mine), there are some parts I didn't like that much. It seems that you sometimes slow down in the second level without really needing to do so. The same goes for the fifth, especially when jumping over the quicksand. The ice level looked fairly good in terms of luck manipulation (-> wind), but the screens inside didn't quite convince me. Around frame 47400 you jump on one of those ice creatures instead of killing it with your hammer and thus wasted a few frames. Finally, the castle. You didn't manage to jump up to the first ledge that lead you to the ghosts without being stuck there for a while (around frame 52500). You spent 579 frames in that screen, 16 frames longer than I did. Again, same for the ghosts one screen after that. ~55840, you wait on the moving platform instead of jumping and landing on the one below.v Comparing the frame count, your run is 592 frames faster than mine. The only problem about this is that you can't compare frame counts as your runs desync immediately on 50 fps.
im using the same rom for the this tas and the ShinyDoofy tas. works fine for me.
Run..Run...Run.....
Former player
As said, it syncs fine for Japan (it's an option for dega), but does not when running it the way it's supposed to be played, Europe. <Cheezwizz> I did some fuzzy math and I think it's still under 20 minutes in the "proper" time, unless i did that completely wrong <ShinyDoofy> in pure math it would, yeah <Cheezwizz> are there some magic numbers I missed <ShinyDoofy> kind of <ShinyDoofy> the delays for loading a level seem different <ShinyDoofy> seems like it doesn't take x frames, but rather y seconds or so
Experienced player (822)
Well I was going to look into this further, but Dega refuses to let me load a movie. Instead, it prefers to crash right after navigating to where the movie is. If someone else could weigh in on the method of recording (i.e. PAL ROM in NTSC mode), I'd appreciate it.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Former player
When starting Dega, it always assumes NTSC. There doesn't seem to be a check what region the ROM is for (or it doesn't work with this game). Thus you will have to set it to PAL by yourself (Graphics - PAL) for PAL games. When starting to record a run it checks which flag is set, either NTSC or PAL (PAL if both are). This flag is then written to the .mmv's header. The same is done the other way round when loading a mmv: it reads some byte and sets its flags accordingly. That's the reason it synced for wicked - the settings are loaded from the mmv.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Of course it's gonna be stale, Gruebot!
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
I really don't think this game is 50 hz, it always worked 60 hz on my cartridge ... O.o
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D