hi TASVideos members
I finally finished one of the most complex submission I ever worked on. I started this on 28/12/2008 but I stopped 2 months later, trying to cool out after my poor performance in the last submission, trying to IMPROVE, searching videos to influence it. I started doing the TAS again in 16/03/2009, with great expectations, working on it until 29/06/09, and now it's finished =)
  • Emulator used:
  • <snes9x-1.43-improvement15.3>
    *  Use timing WIP1
   * Allow left + right / up + down
   * Fake Mute desync workaround
   * Sync sound samples witth CPU 
  • Name of the Rom:
 Ultimate Mortal Kombat (U) smc.smc 
  • Display Setting

Output Image prossecing = hq2xbold
hires = simple 2x
  • <Level very Hard>
  • <used Shang Tsung but also other charact>
  • < used 2 player>
  • <used activation of the cheats versus screen for activation of other modes of play>
  • < Much glitch differenty (abuse erro the progamme)>
  • < I manipulated the cpu to make the game more fun>
  • < used all "finishe" of the game>
  • < MUCH COMBOS IMPOSSIBLE >
  • < show all scenarios >

Comments

• < This ru is much funny, becuase of the glitch that fills the whole game, and also for the way it is played each round.
Stage "lost"
  • this scenario is what happens if glitch because its structure ...(for exemplo the glitch with kintana and cyrax)
Stages " The pit III and hades"
  • this scenarios are possible run the finishe called (stage fatality)
Stage " Desert the jade"
  • This scenario is possible run a "broker brutalty" using the Kung Lao In the corner of the screen.
Stage " the cave"
  • Is possivel find a glitch with ermac or scorpion using the moviments (down,left+ high punch)often.
Each a these are possible find diferenct Glitch....
 THKS  THKS	OmegaWatcher and pirate_sephiroth FOR TRASLATE =)

mmbossman: Excellent run with some very entertaining moments. There may be a few more glitches that could be implemented, but overall this will be a great addition to the site. Congrats, SDR, on your first accepted movie!

adelikat: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2308: SDR's SNES Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in 16:46.58
Experienced player (822)
Having just watched this in the SNES thread, I can give this a very emphatic yes. It has so many shades of awesome.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
mmbossman wrote:
Having just watched this in the SNES thread, I can give this a very emphatic yes. It has so many shades of awesome.
Thanks you
whatever worth doing, is worth doing well
Player (36)
Kinda wished there were more Friendships and Babalities. :) But it was very entertaining if this is the same run from SNES forum thread.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Skilled player (1402)
Very entertaining and varied, yes vote.
the game desynched a lot but when it didn't i was all "HOLY CRAP" the 2Players fighters where realy entertaining (the nightwolf fatality is the highlight of this run IMO) you showed a great amount of glitchs and even the old smoke ! great Yes vote !
Wow, hell of a run, yes vote from me. I would also like to note that this run is one of the first fighting game runs where people are fully voting yes thus far ^_^ kudos, dude!
"If any man is not free, then I too, am a small pie made of chicken"
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
Aitamen wrote:
Wow, hell of a run, yes vote from me. I would also like to note that this run is one of the first fighting game runs where people are fully voting yes thus far ^_^ kudos, dude!
^_^ I do not know what to say...THAKS YOU
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I was very entertained by this one. Easy yes vote.
Previous Name: boct1584
Experienced player (612)
What can I say... This run was FANTASTIC! It showed off many things I haven't seen before. Yes vote.
mz
Player (79)
One of the most entertaining TASes I've seen so far. A lot of cool and unbelievable glitches throughout the whole movie and just the right amount of fights. In my opinion, this one is even better than the already published and also excellent TAS of Mortal Kombat II. I will surely give this a 10 in Entertainment when it gets published.
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I liked it over all and voted yes. I thought 2 players versus each other wouldn't offer me much new, but the Shang vs Shang battle proved me wrong. The brutalities seemed like sort of a waste of good fatality opportunities though.
masterpiece
Active player (308)
Yeah, the Brutalities suck big time. I"d rather see a Friendship. Also, a Tournament + Randper Kombat would be cool. It would be only 1 round 2 player battles with fatalities. But I liked it, I didn't know it was possible to put the players in different levels in this game... like in MK2. Also Sindel's air fireball hitting Motaro... that was funny.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Expert player (2582)
Fast movements and nice glitches, this is what a fighting game is supposed to be, Yes for sure!
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
This really surprised me. Sometimes, I think certain characters were overused, but for the most part, each fight was fought differently. There were definitely some awesome glitches, and I liked the 2 player parts as well. Good taunting of the CPU as well, like when both Mileenas did the drop kick through the floor but only your kick landed. Did every character get used? Definitely a yes. I would still like to keep the MK II glitched run along with this, since that run glitches out the fatalities even more in entertaining ways.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
*_* THIS IS AN DREAM *_* I CRY HERE 19 VOTE YES I still do not believe, what I see 19 VOTE YES *_* THANK YOU VERY MUCH TAS MEMBER THANKS THANKS
Thank you for making such a great run!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
What ntclark said. You don't need to thank every YES vote, but I'm happy for you. It's clear where the work went.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (612)
mklip2001 wrote:
Definitely a yes. I would still like to keep the MK II glitched run along with this, since that run glitches out the fatalities even more in entertaining ways.
I don't think they plan to replace the MKII TAS with this TAS as they're both relatively unique and offer different things... differently (heh, not really :)). But if they were to replace the MKII TAS, I'd be all for it as I don't feel it's aging well and I actually think I could make it better, cleaner, funner, and more fluent. But enough of slight off-topicness. Congrats SDR on what looks like a shoe-in :) . Keep on TASing.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
THAT is what a good fighting game TAS should be - fast, filled with glitches, and keeping the viewer guessing. Excellent work. YES vote from me.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Hmm. Trying to think of a comment to make, but all the good ones seem to have been done already... ... So I'll just say that I enjoyed this movie immensely. :P ... and was Bicycle-Kicking Shao Khan intended as a reference to that MKII "pure speed" TAS? :P
Stuffs. Yarr!
Scepheo wrote:
The chance of choosing the right door is 0, because laser-absorbing goats will brainwash you.
Amazing progress from your very first run! I'm giving this one an easy yes vote, yeah! A lot of moments got me smiling, especially that friendship against Human Smoke!! That one was unbelievable, haha
SDR
Skilled player (1360)
Edward_Tohr wrote:
... and was Bicycle-Kicking Shao Khan intended as a reference to that MKII "pure speed" TAS? :P
...YES xD,,, AND THANKS BY VOTE
Edward_Tohr wrote:
... and was Bicycle-Kicking Shao Khan intended as a reference to that MKII "pure speed" TAS? :P
i lol'd at this one Too...