Submission Text Full Submission Page
Nickname: CherryMay
Real Initials: E.S. (Though, I use 'CRY' as in-game initials)
Once again, this is a perfect play/speedrun mix.
Features:
  • Played on Hard Mode
  • No damage ever taken
  • Mix of characters used
  • Semi-hidden Lord Zedd boss route taken
  • All items collected
  • Final score of 928,000
And, once again, as its actual gameplay design is incredibly similar to Sailor Moon (and all Final Fight-esque games), it can become repetitive at times watching it back. Still, I find it more interesting to watch than many NES games even so. :)

Bisqwit: The repetitiveness...
I imagine myself watching someone playing this game on an arcade machine (the "credits" helps at that), and I imagine myself getting bored rather quickly.
Rejecting this submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
What's the rom version for this? When I play the movie it just gets to the first battle and keeps pausing, so i'm guessing it's version but I don't know.
I had the same problem, the title wasn't clear. The correct rom is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - The Movie (4) [!].bin
~Brose~
What? Completely different game then.
M.I
Ah, THAT was a trip down memory lane. A sort of.. deranged.. slightly more violent trip.. but a trip nonetheless! I remember watching the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers when I was a kid, and I DEFINETELY remember the movie. What kid in their right mind that enjoyed the Rangers didn't like the movie? Alright. Anyways, let's get down to business, shall we? 1. I enjoyed the fact that you used a variety of rangers, not just the same over and over again (ala X-Men 2: Clone Wars movie). This in itself made the game alot less boring to a first-timer, because they think, 'Well, it's a different character, so they have to have different moves, right?'. 2. Wrong. As far as I can tell, the Rangers only have two effective moves: three punches, a kick, and the various use of their unique weaponry. Just because it's the most effective move doesn't mean it's the most entertaining. This brings me back to the old fighting games where newbies would find the most effective button combinations to use against a skilled opponent, or the computer, and use NOTHING but that. There HAS to be SOME kind of alternative to break this monotony! You use a variety of Rangers, but it's moot point if you don't use a variety of moves! 3. I did enjoy the car-jumping trick that you did. That's the kind of thing I was looking for to break the chains. 4. Thankfully, there's a slight deviation in the gameplay, mercifully placed and put into action by the game designers. Unfortunately, this hardly seems to be as big of a deviation as I thought, as most of the movie-watchers will attest. 5. Amusingly enough, there actually ARE different enemies in the game. At one point, I was beginning to believe that it was just going to become similar to, say, a Sonic game where it's just a re-hash of the same enemies over and over again. Still, this doesn't stop you from repeating #2. 6. It isn't 'til later in the game that you begin using a variety of moves (i'm writing this as I go along, mind you). Why do you have to wait so long? Is it because of the short lifebars that the Putty Patrol have on that particular part of the game? You do, however, handle the barrel/enemy throwing excellently, making that part particularly effective. I guess if I got hit by a barrel, I wouldn't be getting up, either. 7. It was interesting how you herded enemies/bosses so that you could keep them all grouped on one side of you. Very nice tactic. Also, it seems that when you throw, you have temporary invincibility. Did you discover this late in the game, as well? Eitherway, they're timed excellently. 8. The fact that you went out of the way for that Lord Zedd boss fight was pretty interesting. There wasn't much to deviate said boss fight from normal battles, but it sure beat the hell out of watching the same waves of the same enemies come at you for an entire level. 9. (Sorry this is so lengthy, but no-one's posted anything about this movie yet.) In one of the later levels, with the fireballs/bombs that were falling, I was impressed with how well you did there without getting hit. Kudos to you on that one. Conclusion: Phew. That was lengthy, wasn't it? Sorry again, but it's about to get lengthier. This movie DOES have potential, and the game's a pretty good pick, but the repetitive nature can be a punch straight to the gut. You even say it yourself.
And, once again, as its actual gameplay design is incredibly similar to Sailor Moon (and all Final Fight-esque games), it can become repetitive at times watching it back.
I think that says it all, unfortunately. Though the game was perfect (and, again, kudos that you were able to do the game without being hit!), and beat it at a moderate time, the entertainment factor is just so low that I can't possibly afford to give you a yes and still retain my sanity. Tips: You had the right idea going with the variety of Rangers, but the game is only as repetitive as you are! In your next version (should you choose to make one), please, PLEASE use a variety of attacks. This will break up the monotony. Anyways, I think it was time that someone take the time to watch/critique the movie. Don't give up, though, because this movie can have some potential. However, for now, this movie gets a No. Eric's Verdict: No.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!