Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is Battletoads & Double Dragon The Ultimate Team, another game of RARE. Its very hard, less than Battletoads.
  • FCEUX v 2.1.0a
  • Aim for faster Time
  • Take Damage to save time
  • Use dead as shorcut
  • Max Score
  • Uses of glitches
  • I use Zits, its the faster character, doesn´t matter in a side scrolling game, but to execute and hit with the Super Boot. The Dragons are slow and have a poor Jump ability.
Enjoy it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
What the heck happened in level 4? It looked like you sprayed bullets in the general direction of your targets instead of being precise. Was that necessary?
Player (58)
It's best to explain some things in the submission status.
Post subject: Captain Obvious
Captain Forehead wrote:
It's best to explain some things in the submission status.
YA THINK? This TAS though are WAY better then mine becuse I am not useing TAS'ing tools yet. Nobodys perfect!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Is this 1-player? There was a 1-player submission for this game by White Gastra that was about 5-6 minutes faster than this. That submission was canceled because a 2-player run would be more entertaining. EDIT: Sorry, that other run was on SNES, whereas this is on NES.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Former player
Are you even using tools in it this time, or are you foregoing them again?
I voted "meh" because the movie doesn't do a very good job at its objective of "aiming for fastest time." You spend a lot of time killing enemies that don't need to be killed. When you land a special blow on enemies, the game freezes for a few frames for effect. This causes you to lose a lot of time in your movie. A lot of the boss fights and general movements were also non-optimized. It was still mildly entertaining though.
Expert player (2582)
There's nothing special about this run that separates it from a skilled player, playing in real time, don't make mistakes is not enough to impress the audience, I'm forced to give you a No, sorry.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
There's no superplay in this movie, and I honestly believe that a decent RT speedrun of this would surpass it. Voting no.
"If any man is not free, then I too, am a small pie made of chicken"
I really enjoyed this movie, and several of the occasions where the speed was clearly suboptimal were, I think rightly, in favor of entertainment value. Namely, taking out one side of the rat cruiser with missiles, and the other with the guns; fighting the three bulls in different manners; and others. There were some interesting tricks in here, and some surprises too. I get that there are places where it could be further optimized without sacrificing watchability (such as the already mentioned spray-of-bullets problem), but I think it's pretty good as is, especially as goes for the sort of mission statement of this place. It was fast, it was fun to watch, I vote yes.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!