Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a TAS of MK1 for the genesis using Raiden. I activate the DULLARD code and Fight reptile 3 times. I fight him twice in a row in the endurance match. Because I cannot use Shang Tsung, I choose Raiden. He can teleport behind the opponent, shoot lighting, and can fly foward crushing the enemy. I tried to do different styles of fighting for every match since I can only use one character.
This Movie:
-Takes no damage
-Contains entertainment/speed trade offs.
-Abuses programing errors in the game
-Plays on hardest difficulty
-Uses an in-game code

Notes

-Missing shots and waiting are all luck manipulation.
-This Movie will NOT work with the following roms:
Mortal Kombat (W) (REV00) [p1][!].gen
Mortal Kombat (UE) (REV01) [c][!].gen
Emulator used:
Gens 11a

mmbossman: A very underwhelming movie, due in large part to the limited game mechanics, and due in small part to the poor entertainment choices made by the author. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2313: kchrules's Genesis Mortal Kombat in 13:48.05
Expert player (2582)
Things I don't like: same way to finish your opponents, some blows you missed, wait your opponents turn to attack them, Things I like: you don't fight yourself, the movie is short, I like Raiden too :) I know the game is limited, but you can do better than that, so I'll give you a No, sorry.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Compared to most of the MK movies I've seen, this is par in a lot of ways. I vote a resounding meh, which is still pretty bad for my scale sorry...
"If any man is not free, then I too, am a small pie made of chicken"
Player (44)
Compared to Genesis, I like the SNES version more, I like Raiden and Liu Kang, it's cooler if you beat your opponent off the bridge.
Rongorongo
Skilled player (1402)
Yunshui wrote:
Compared to Genesis, I like the SNES version more, I like Raiden and Liu Kang, it's cooler if you beat your opponent off the bridge.
But this would still be worth 10/10?
Player (44)
Baxter wrote:
But this would still be worth 10/10?
sorry,I give this 7/7
Rongorongo
Dooty wrote:
Things I don't like: some blows you missed, wait your opponents turn to attack them,
*Cough Cough* Luck Manipulation *Cough Cough*
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
Former player
Might want to make mention of that in the submission text, I don't know if anyone would've known that immediately.
Former player
there seems to be a few times where you are just avoiding attacks instead of using a counter or attack move yourself, i know this is luck manipulation, but does that mean you tried every type of attack to make sure you had to wait? also why do you fight reptile more than once? does it save time?
AndyD wrote:
there seems to be a few times where you are just avoiding attacks instead of using a counter or attack move yourself, i know this is luck manipulation, but does that mean you tried every type of attack to make sure you had to wait? also why do you fight reptile more than once? does it save time?
Fighting reptile more than once is for entertainment
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
fruitbane
He/Him
Whether this video is truly technically proficient or not I cannot say, but I didn't find it very entertaining. Seems to me it could have been faster without losing much in the entertainment department. From the entertainment perspective I didn't see enough abuse of the fighting system. All the hits seemed well placed but they seemed to be used in isolation, not very coordinated with other attacks to make a flowing whole. In my experience with MK1, however, that could entirely be due to the crappy game engine. Had to vote Meh on this one, alas.
Player (120)
Well, I suppose it's unfortunate timing that this has to be compared contemporaneously with the new mk3 movie. This appeared to be played proficiently, and certainly did not look simple to make. However it does not seem to have a clear goal, and doesn't not display much of anything unexpected to the casual viewer. If this was for an unrelated game I might have been more receptive to it, but in light of the alternatives it seems kind of dull unfortunately. I do hope you consider these comments positively and that we will see more work from you in the future! Here's an encode for those kraving more mortal kombat action but too lazy to set up an emulator :D
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Former player
unless it saves time i don't think fighting reptile more than once is worth it
nice Shang Tsung fight but there were a lot of waiting and even missed shots also, the first reptlile fight could be avoided voting meh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpVvu4vQj8o
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!