Post subject: As PS2 emulation draws ever closer... (Megaman X7)
Banned User
...a Megaman X7 run is wanted. Considering there's no PS2 section, perhaps planning can be done here? Tornado Tonion's weapon does MASSIVE damage to all bosses (even the last boss's final form, I think) if used as X or Axl. Zero is not worth it in this run - he's too slow to do anything. Axl has infinite ammo, so he's a good candidate for this. Any thoughts on this?
...X7? Really? Wasn't the worse Mega Man entry EVER? ....well, I'd still watch.
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
No reason to look down on X7. Though it wasn't exactly the best in the series, it's highly exploitable. I disagree on the part about Zero being too slow. In fact, he's most destructive in quite the many boss fights. Also, he has that high slash dash jump ability/trick. Tornado Tonion's weapon is pretty good, but Explosion is by far the best weapon in the whole game. Unless one'd be going for 100%, X isn't worth using. I'm not sure if it's worth collecting power-ups, because although Hyper Dash and * Barriers are highly useful, the actual activation takes forever. Of course, that's not a problem if you're using in-game time. Rank up takes a while, too, so that should be avoided. I've done some extensive legwork on this game already - I'm fairly sure my current run uses the fastest possible route there is for low% and any%. I think it would be worth it to check out the run on SDA, at least for reference purposes. Is PS2 emulation/tools really that advanced yet?
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Let's put the horse back in front of the carriage here. Let's get PS1 down pat before working on PS2. ^^;;
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Banned User
OmegaWatcher wrote:
...X7? Really? Wasn't the worse Mega Man entry EVER? ....well, I'd still watch.
No, that's Zero 4 or ZX. Don't get your info wrong. X8 qualifies pretty well as the worst too, but it atleast had good gameplay---okay that was a joke >_> That game is supposed to be TASed to beat I think, I see no other way of it being possible. >.> Anywho, PS2 emulation is already fully compatible with most games, it won't be long before re-recording is added.
No offense, but an X7 run will be extremely boring to watch. The SDA X7 run literally put me to sleep.
Nuy
Kitsune wrote:
No offense, but an X7 run will be extremely boring to watch. The SDA X7 run literally put me to sleep.
Yet there's still a bunch of RPG TASes.... Anywho, an X7 TAS wouldn't be all that bad. Given that 70%+ of the game is in 3D, it could be interesting to see all of the skipping, abused AI, and creative weapon usage. It might just be me, but I don't really have any issue with X7 besides it's slow pace. Plus, when PS2 Tasing becomes really stable we could do an X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, and X8 800% run!
zwataketa
He/Him
Best boss music in the series. And its not that bad a game (haven't played it but i've seen videos of it and I've heard what people said about it and Flame Hyenard is ANNOYING and sure the controls are a little whack, but it still seems like it'd make a great TAS when a stable PS2 emulator comes.) If you could manipulate a way to get rid of flame hyenards talking with TAS, YOU'RE GONNA BE AMAZING!
I quit TASing.
Skilled player (1706)
Title wrote:
As PS2 emulation draws ever closer...
OP wrote:
Posted: 2009-07-09 05:33:46
Today wrote:
2012-12-06 03:52:18
...haha...heheheeheeeehaha! HAHAH! AHAHAHAHA! HAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!
X-Stigma
He/Him
X7 TAS would be really great if the run focus on killing all enemies around in each stages, if you already seen a X7 speedrun may have noticed the enemies can be easily avoided, that makes it boring.
if anyone is going to TAS this, I would recommend two things 1) Use the pc version as it has no lag and shorter loads (yes it works on hourglass, I am not TASing this because I have english patch which would not be allowed and I can not find a patchless download that works.) 2) Do NG+ for hyper dash and fully powered X
TAS plans (if I feel like TASing): Ninja Crusaders 1-player. Toy Story 2 any% (maybe if can I fix crosshair not moving) Paper Mario 3D Land (if I fix the inputs not working problem) Quint's Revenge (see PM3DL) Mega Man 10 Proto man easy
Bobthefloater
He/Him
A bigger reason to use the PC version is that there is still no accepted emulator for PS2, whereas Hourglass accepted (although Hourglass Resurrection is being worked on). "It is said that, to this day, jlun2 is still laughing."
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (780)
peterafro wrote:
if anyone is going to TAS this, I would recommend two things 1) Use the pc version as it has no lag and shorter loads (yes it works on hourglass, I am not TASing this because I have english patch which would not be allowed and I can not find a patchless download that works.) 2) Do NG+ for hyper dash and fully powered X
What's your configuration of Hourglass? I tried to run the patchless version but got stuck after CAPCOM logo disappeared.
LOL I am getting the exact same problem, just thought it worked because hourglass opened it. Going to play around with settings to see if I can fix that. In the mean time, assuming you are not using a disc, can you send me patchless via PM? here is a log for anyone who works on hourglass (be warned, I tried a few times so it is a lot) https://www.mediafire.com/?d6hgojbo4xxru9c
TAS plans (if I feel like TASing): Ninja Crusaders 1-player. Toy Story 2 any% (maybe if can I fix crosshair not moving) Paper Mario 3D Land (if I fix the inputs not working problem) Quint's Revenge (see PM3DL) Mega Man 10 Proto man easy
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
After checking the log I can't see any direct reason why this game fails to progress. I will have to try to debug it properly later.