Info about the run

This is an improvement of 11 frames.
  • FCEUX 2.1.1
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates good and bad luck
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Plays with death
The 11 frames improvement is due to uses of Jumpman`s (aka Mario) movement pattern which its RAM address is $88. I did manipulate it at stage 2. When used correctly, some pixels may be gained which was 2 in this case. Result is easily noticeable with RAM address $46 which is Jumpman's X position. The technique is only useful when jumping then waiting after. In others words, at the very first jump. However, without the uses of memory addresses, we can only see it is really improved when Jumpman reaches the 2nd elevator. Otherwise, at first glance, it seems as fast as any other method.
Stage 1. The wobbling at the start is to demonstrate that movement pattern. And that I don't lose any time by pressing the opposite direction at correct timing. And it's also my signature. :)
Other than that improvement, Jumpman plays with death in stage 2 and 3 which imo, was missing from the latest 2 runs. So I did manipulate the "bad" luck.

Useful Memory addresses

$34 Interval Timer Control (11 frames rule)
$46 X position
$47 Y position
$88 Jumpman's (aka Mario) movement pattern

Thanks

Thanks to hero of the day for his useful discovery and aglar for finding that "ladder-zip" trick which no one has found before. And the precedent authors.

adelikat: Accepting for publication as an improvement to the published movie.

Raiscan: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2397: Phil's NES Donkey Kong in 01:08.67
Player (70)
Thanks. Awesome video. :) Yes-vote
Expert player (2453)
Perfect, phil, glad to see you again here.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
You did, indeed, play with death very well. Easy Yes vote.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I liked the left, right movement at the start of level 1.
Player (58)
What?? Another improvement?? Ay-yai-ayi!!
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Hey Phil, I'll watch the movie later, nice to see you making a TAS.
Player (88)
Nicely done Phil! It's good to see you back making TASes.
They're off to find the hero of the day...
Expert player (3578)
Great job being the first beside myself to beat one of my runs, and this wasn't exactly the one that I thought'd be obsoleted first:) This beats my run both time- and stylewise which can only yield a yes vote!
feos wrote:
Only Aglar can improve this now.
This game is my "I can't believe someone actually improved on it" game. I am always, always surprised and amazed when there's a new run for it, and this is no exception. Easy yes vote.
Expert player (2582)
Nice improvements and all that stuff they say when a game is beaten, Yes vote.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Banned User
Definitely a yes-vote!
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Nice movie, I am impressed at how the movement is broken. Although I know most of what is seen wasn't brought up by this submission, it's a relevant improvement timewise for such a short movie, with the introduction of a new technique, so yes vote.
Skilled player (1670)
Ok so I forgot to vote on this one. This is an improvement as good as it gets, and Donkey Kong still remains as one of the most unexpected broken games. I voted yes.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Active player (432)
Easy yes vote. Nice work.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1352] NES Donkey Kong by Phil in 01:08.67
LOL what's next? Nice run :)
Active player (410)
clip29 wrote:
LOL what's next? Nice run :)
http://tasvideos.org/2401S.html :) Thank you.
Active player (432)
I felt that the quality of the encode could be a bit better. Mario's head at the last level was bigger than usual but I'm probably exaggerating.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
You wanted a higher quality encode AngerFist? 1080p YouTube 1080p MKV