Submission Text Full Submission Page
I've picked up this game cause noone ever try to TAS it.
Objective is to fastes real-time time
~Emulator used: Snes9X v.1.43 (lua 0.05) for windows I want to thank this guys:
~Kriole - for keeping this run as a secret
~NameSpoofer - for keeping this run as a secret
If i forgot your name,sorry just send me PM and i will add you
This game has a lot of Chapters(4 O.o ) In every chapters is like a 5 stages I was making this run year ago and get permastuck in Chapter 2 but finally get up.
I would like to see it published,and to see a BIG improve from it :)
Aims for fastest time
Genre-Adventure
The goal is to provide entertainment
No Deaths
Manipulate Luck

mmbossman: Rejecting for very suboptimal play.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2492: ZENEO9's SNES Congo's Caper in 25:22.08
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
This looks like a reasonable game choice, but I have concerns about the level of technical precision in this run; there are things such as the jumping around on vines in the third stage and what looks like taking an unnecessary hit during the second boss fight. Plus, you state in the submission text that
Submission text wrote:
I think 3 first stages can be improved very easy
Can you give some justification for the above, in particular why there are "very easy" improvements you chose not to go back and make?
Can someone encode?
"The life is like you create it"
Former player
Given that I was able to improve the first stage while playing realtime, I'm voting no on this. In many instances you chose to stop and club enemies, which wastes time, while jumping and clubbing them does not.
thanks,even now you don't give me a chance
Experienced player (954)
Cool-Cool rerecord count, vote no Btw read guidline and how to make tas before submiting, mmbossman already rejected your runs and linked it to you, it seem you just ignored it and instead learned how to hexedit your rerecord count, good job keep it on !
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
This seems like it's a good game to run (even with a couple boring autoscrollers, like that ship level). However, this run is really unoptimized. As Atma said, you club a lot of enemies while on the ground, thus pausing when you deal with them. Your swimming is very erratic in some of the water stages, where you don't cut corners closely and I think you hit an extra ceiling that you don't need to hit. You swing at bosses while they're still invulnerable, which only delays your next hit on them (you did this a lot with the second and third phases of the final boss). One other area that makes me curious: any time you had to walk on spike pits to save time, would it be possible to get super-flashy Congo first? In that one stage, where you keep walking on spikes and going between human Congo and monkey Congo, each transformation takes time for the stars to fade out. If you were super-flashy Congo, you wouldn't go through that transformation, so it seems like this would save you a lot of time. Maybe you could get health powerups from the slots that you sometimes play... you never won anything from the slots. I'm sorry, but I watch this and think it could be a whole lot better. No vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
thanks,even now you don't give me a chance
why do you think this way? why dont you take these comments as a motivation to improve your run. you said that it is improvable so why not make it perfect? this is maybe a good test run to see where and how you can save lots of time to improve your run. make a thread to get more help when starting to work on it. post your wip and see with help of comments what still can be improved.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
I am glad you are working on an improvement. However, if you are, you should cancel this submission.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!