Movie features

• Emulator used: dega-1.16pre1-win32-z80jb Mame core (You need this version if you want to view this run. Older versions wont work).
  • Aims for fastest time.
  • Takes damage to save time.
  • Abuses programming errors in the game.

Plot (Copied from my old submission)

Alex is in the park, having a blast with his girl when suddenly a wicked ninja named Hanzo, steals her :( Alex is determined to get her back and gets help from a ninja spirit who becomes one with Alex.

About the run

This run improves my current published run by 755 frames, almost 13 seconds. This is due to I managed to utilize more of wall-kicking, damage taking, refined rope climbing and cleaner wrapping. Enjoy.

cpadolf: Accepting as an improvement to the published run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2523: AngerFist's SMS Alex Kidd in Shinobi World in 06:21.08
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Ooh, nifty! Unfortunately, I can't watch this yet since I don't have this new version of Dega, and the link to PCC's site seems to be down at the moment. Looking forward to it though! EDIT: It turned out I had the correct Dega version all along... this is the only v1.16 I've seen with a MAME core. However, it's worth noting the Emulator Resources page has a dead link: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~pcc03/dega/ should be http://www.pcc.me.uk/~peter/dega/ instead, I believe.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
I always approve of better damage boosting, and this was much better managed in many ways than the previous iteration--and stylish to boot. Yes vote.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
There's a very slight nostalgia factor here - not because I've ever played the game but because the original run was the second run I ever encoded for the site. Anyway, the improvements are obvious and significant, and this gets a yes vote. ...and an encode: http://www.archive.org/download/SmsAlexKiddInShinobiWorldIn0621.08ByAngerfist/alexkiddshinobi-tasv2-angerfist.mkv ...and DM: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbpja0_sms-alex-kidd-in-shinobi-world-in-0_videogames
Thanks for the encode, sgrunt! Looked good to me. A fairly simple game TASed well.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Could you explain the changed strategies in Level 3-1? I'm curious why you drop down at first, and I'm a little surprised you don't use that tornado power more often in the game. Regardless, this looks really great (especially all of Stage 4), so Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (954)
That game is fun, nice choice here :p Easy yes
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Fun to watch and great improvement! I just had to see this so I actually downloaded the other version of Dega just to watch this. I coulda used an encode but I'm not a lazy bum. I also see the rerecord count is lower on this then your previous one. But anyway Yes!
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Active player (432)
mklip2001 wrote:
Could you explain the changed strategies in Level 3-1? I'm curious why you drop down at first, and I'm a little surprised you don't use that tornado power more often in the game. Regardless, this looks really great (especially all of Stage 4), so Yes vote.
Sure, I measured that with turning into a fireball at the ropes and grabbing the tornado weapon was faster. And I would've used it more if there were any more of it.
NitroGenesis wrote:
I also see the rerecord count is lower on this then your previous one.
The rerecord count is most probably false due to I overwrite a moviefile instead of using several savestates. Its a fairly easy game to tas. Most of my rerecord count went into luck manipulating the extremely luck sensitive mini choppers. It took me several days until I got a decent boss fight.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Nice uses of glitching for a healthy improvement. Yessing this.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I voted Yesssssssssss
Skilled player (1090)
Ah, I love this game, one of my favorites on the SMS. I'm surprised that you were able to find so much improvement over your last submission. Great run, great glitches, great little game. Excellent work Mr Fist, voting yes. PS. Someone needs to TAS Shinobi :-)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1441] SMS Alex Kidd in Shinobi World by AngerFist in 06:21.08
Active player (432)
*Bows down to the almighty high quality encoder* Thank YOU sir!
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P