Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hi this is my first submission in TASvideos it is:

Columns by GGheysjr TAS

I've seen other submission I've seen in the forums. I will show that vote in each of those who came this game
SRB2Espyo: Vote Meh
Sonikkustar: Vote Yes
axelito: Vote Yes
andymac: Vote Yes
For other rason was the best of andymac, now I have improved by 29 frames

Games Categories

• Aims for the fastest time
  • 1 Player controls 2 Players
  • Plays at hardest level (level 9)
  • Plays at easiest difficulty (Novice)
  • Emulator used: Gens 11a (Find it here)

About the run

This game called columns, like a tetris only used jewelry. In flashing columns "which was where I decided to go but I went to double instead of 1 Players who have improved by better there. In this game you have to remove or destroy a flashing gem, located on the inside of the game. There is also a counter to the left that tells you the time. Well, to make the game harder I went to level 9 where the columns were highest

Suggested screenshot:

Thanks you

Andymac: their submission that was very good
Enjoy

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2545: GGG's Genesis Columns in 00:23.93
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
ARGGHH!!! I am sick of Columns speedruns! Sorry but I've gotta vote no. FYI: Yes I watched it.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
I, too, have officially passed the threshold of interest for watching runs of this game. There's just nothing new here compared to older runs. No vote. EDIT: Call me paranoid, but this "first" submission bears remarkable similarities to axelito's previous submissions for this game, and considering several "new" accounts have submitted low quality improvements to some of his other runs, I have reason to believe that we're witnessing abuse of the queue with questionable submissions by one person using several different accounts, and see no reason why this should be allowed to continue.
Experienced player (822)
I'm not the best person to analyze IP addresses, but I can tell you that each of the three submissions mentioned (the two you linked and this one) have the same IP address of 190.173.xxx.xxx, however the last half of the addresses are all different. Come to whatever conclusions you would like about that coincidence, but I have a feeling this submission will meet a similar fate as previous attempts, due to lack of entertainment value.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Player (116)
another columns run? i've lost interest, no vote
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
mmbossman wrote:
I'm not the best person to analyze IP addresses, but I can tell you that each of the three submissions mentioned (the two you linked and this one) have the same IP address of 190.173.xxx.xxx, however the last half of the addresses are all different.
According to an IP Address Locator, those two numbers indicate that they are in the Czech Republic, possibly somewhere near Prague.
<ccfreak2k> There is no 'ctrl' button on DeHackEd's computer. DeHackEd is always in control.
You know what? This run is actually more entertaining than all the other Columns runs. Combos are set up and knocked down, and it's kind of neat. Unfortunately the author's showmanship gets the best of him at the second to last piece, which really, really ought to have been the last piece. Yes, he throws away a piece just to get an extra two-fer. If this is in fact the same person who's been submitting the videos so far, this is a step in the right direction. However, making the right turn doesn't mean you don't have to still watch for oncoming cars, or an overwrought metaphor in the crosswalk. Voting no, but with a golf clap.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2122)
andymac, in his submission, wrote:
The initial intent of this movie was to see to it that no genesis columns run would ever make it to the site.
I'm hoping this holds true. EDIT: I'm abstaining from voting, since I refuse to watch this submission and I don't believe in voting before watching.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I pretty much completely agree with Priam. The second-to-last move was an unnecessary time-waster. That earns a No vote, also because this is a bad category for a Columns run. Here's what I don't understand though. The submission comments reference all the previous recent runs of Columns. However, did the submitter actually read through the discussion forums for those? Time and time again, everyone has said that this is a bad category of run for Columns. So although people can improve the time of this run, it's not really worth it to do so.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom
GGG
Banned User, Former player
This submission who had improved andymac by 29 frames, I've improved my own submission for 1 second (60 frames). Here you have it. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/433373240/GGheysjr%20-%20Columns.gmv
Post subject: Re: GGheysjr
Editor, Expert player (2460)
GGG wrote:
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/433373240/GGheysjr%20-%20Columns.gmv
Well, I watched this one and it was not bad at all. I didn't watch the previous version, so I can't tell why people disliked it. This was a neat little movie of Columns. I would not mind if it was published. Anyway, whatever happens to Columns, I hope to see more high quality TASes from you in the future! GG, GGG!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
The new version has a much better ending. Thank you! I still feel like this game should be run in a different category, though.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (617)
I tried a combo run of columns a while back. It tuns out that the peices are manipulatable, but only after you have restarted the game (I didn't know this when I did the combo run). and it seems that there is only one seed. Because in doubles mode, the pieces fall in a different order, yet the gameplay is virtually identical to normal flash columns. Although I like the improvement, I don't think runs like this really belong on the site with the copious amounts of tetris and "falling blocks" variants around.
Measure once. Cut twice.
andymac wrote:
I tried a combo run of columns a while back. It tuns out that the peices are manipulatable, but only after you have restarted the game (I didn't know this when I did the combo run). and it seems that there is only one seed.
That was awesome. Thanks for making it.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.