This is a 2008 frame (39.94 second) improvement over my previous movie. It has an in-game time of 16:27 as opposed to 17:06 previously.
Most of the improvements comes from the fact that you can get the Bull Wario upgrade in Level 1 instead of level 5. Thanks to Cabbagefat for pointing this out. I also improved a few other sections throughout the TAS due to some new tricks and better understanding of the game physics. About half of the rooms paste level 5 are copy/pasted from version 1.
Release package including level savestates and frame count spreadsheet: http://sourceforge.net/projects/adelikattasing/files/Releases
Notes:
  • There was a suggestion about waiting before hitting the final boss, so he gets to the bottom of the screen sooner. This turned out to be slower
  • Level 10 has the 1500 frame rule which pretty much nullifies any improvement in the first portion of the level
  • Enemy randomness was of course worse this time around, resulting in about 30 frames lost in level 13.

FractalFusion: Accepting as an improvement to the published run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2662: adelikat's Vboy Virtual Boy Wario Land in 18:39.56
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
The added speed is both fun to watch and a significant and obvious improvement. Yes vote. Encode: http://www.archive.org/download/VboyVirtualBoyWarioLandByAdelikatIn1839.56/vbwarioland-tasv2-adelikat.mp4
Editor
Promise that the next run will be a 100 % one.
Emulator Coder
The last one was good. This one is better. Therefore, yes vote.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Fun to watch. Yes vote.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
I would like to see a YouTube 3D encode, as I don't have red/blue glasses but I'm able to do the cross-eyed trick. Plus, for those who would rather not do any of that, YouTube 3D also has the left or right image only option. I would probably vote yes on this run, if I were able to watch it.
<ccfreak2k> There is no 'ctrl' button on DeHackEd's computer. DeHackEd is always in control.
Voted Yes due to nice improvements. Also, I finished my 2nd script! What it does is create a sweeping motion between the Left/Right views, so it isn't as jittery as the last script. Here's a sample clip for download. http://www.mediafire.com/?omztmoi2mdo Also here's the script itself for people that are interested. source=ffdshow_source() red=ConvertToYUY2(ShowRed(source)) blue=ConvertToYUY2(ShowBlue(source)) x=float(10) #number of frames before direction change ScriptClip(""" s=current_frame source=red.Trim(s,-1) ++ blue.Trim(s,-1) forward = source.MVAnalyse(blksize=16, overlap=14, isb = false, chroma=false, pel=1, search=0, searchparam=6) s=float(s) dv=s/x a=float(Floor(dv)) c=100*(dv-a) d=100-c b=float(a/2) t= (b==int(b)) ? float(c): float(d) source=ConvertToRGB32(FlipVertical(red.MVFlow(forward, time=t))) return(source) """) There are severe limitations with this script currently. Due to some bug/oversight/whatever, values that are declared within ScriptClip are assigned to Global, and since MVAnalyze is fairly resource intensive, you'll run out of memory within a couple hundred frames or so. So, you'll need to split the video into evenly dividable segments based on the framerate, set for x*2 (if x=8, then every 16 frames), as long as its under around 300 frames or so max. Granted, I only need ScriptClip for assigning the current frame #, so if anyone knows how I could assign that locally please let me know! Anyway, comments are appreciated!
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Here's the belated YT3D HD encode: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B9395338D9FD8266 (Part 2 was still processing at time of posting, but it should be ready soon.)
N._Harmonik
She/Her
sgrunt wrote:
Here's the belated YT3D HD encode: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B9395338D9FD8266 (Part 2 was still processing at time of posting, but it should be ready soon.)
Darn it! I tried every setting available and it still doesn't work with the RealD 3D glasses I got from the movie theatre! Assistance please!
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
The way that RealD 3D works is that there are two projectors shining two different images on top of each other onto a highly reflective screen. These two images are polarized differently ("clockwise" and "counterclockwise"). Each of the plastic "lenses" in the glasses are also polarized differently, so one eye sees one image and one eye sees the other, which gives the near flawless 3D effect. Your monitor is incapable of producing two images on top of each other that are polarized differently. Therefore, RealD 3D glasses are almost useless outside of the movie theater. You need to get some red/blue 3D glasses or learn how to do the cross eye trick (which works pretty well, actually, as long as you are a few feet away from the monitor). Of course, you could also watch it in 2D by choosing left or right image only.
<ccfreak2k> There is no 'ctrl' button on DeHackEd's computer. DeHackEd is always in control.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Wait a second, if this movie is already published, why is this thread still in the workbench?
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1528] Vboy Virtual Boy Wario Land by adelikat in 18:39.56