In this side-scrolling action game Hulk fight against his arch-enemy The Leader and his forces.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Snes9X 1.43 v17
  • Plays at hard difficulty level
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses errors in the game

Comments

Even not being exactly a master piece, Hulk is one of my favorite games of all times, but if you hate this game, watch it just to see it destroyed as fast as possible.

Stage by stage comments

City and Construction Site

There's one energy capsule hidden in a sewer and other in the roof of a house, in terms of "collecting", the roof one is faster but the time saved by running compensates the time spent to collect the one in the sewer.

Tyrannus' Labyrinth

The first time I used the Stop 'n' Go glitch to delay some enemies, but sometimes it's faster to take damage.

Leader's Fortress

This is the only level that is possible to pass through walls, (not all of them though) and it was used twice to save time.

Leader's Interior

Oh man, this level is a pain! There's too much platforms here and Hulk's jump animation is slow so, I try to avoid it at all costs, I even take damage to make him land sooner, but well...

Final Confrontation

This level is frenetic! Hulk even become invincible to keep the pace, but that's not excuse to take damage all the time if you ask me.

Bosses

Except for the Leader, all bosses have the same strategy, run towards them then hit them with Hulk's head.

Tricks and Glitches

Stop 'n' Go glitch

Hulk must run for one frame then stop for one frame, this glitch delays some events in the game.

Pass Through Walls

Hulk must grab an enemy that is really close to a wall.

Invincibility

Hulk must die and take damage afterwards, or suicide before the next level and then take damage.(X+Y+Start)

Elevator glitch

If the elevator is going up, jump for one frame, Hulk falls through the elevator floor.(not used)

Suggested screenshot

FractalFusion: The Hulk running and the boss fights made this movie interesting. I'd say it's good enough. Accepting for publication.
sgrunt: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2710: Dooty's SNES The Incredible Hulk in 12:18.48
Banned User, Former player
I don't have the ROM on me at the moment, can I please get an encode, somebody? Thanks if you can.
Do I look like someone who really cares what God thinks?! "GI Joe: The Atlantis Factor" - May be improved in the future.
Skilled player (1670)
This was pretty good. Poor bosses never knew what hit them. Yes vote.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Interesting! SDA recently published a run for this on the Genesis. That run used the Sonic Clap a lot more often, especially on that one miniboss (I think he's Abomination?). After seeing that run, it was refreshing to watch this TAS completely bash the hell out of every boss in no time. By the way, in the first stage, there seem to be two pills in the sewer. You pass up the one near the ladder and get the one in the secret passage. Why not just use the one in the ladder? In any case, nice job, Dooty!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Expert player (2582)
That one near the ladder is a transformation pill, it's used to transform Hulk into Bruce Banner. (Select) The hidden one makes him "Hulked-Out", that means he can run, jump higher and do special moves.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Ok, that explains it. Thanks! As another screenshot suggestion, 27737 (or something in that vicinity). That clap on the third boss cracked me up!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Wow, the credits loop. I've seen some silly end-game loop-locks, but this takes the cake. Although I'm willing to consider it acceptable since the "You won!" text contains the phrase "Hulk smashed his dreams." This was a pretty interesting run. I'm a little confused on a couple parts, like why you danced with the soldier in the third stage (I didn't see a wall, but I guess maybe there was one?), and whether at the end of the first area, where you have to fall into the tunnel, it would be faster to run into it or whether the gain from jumping overcomes the speed of running. Or maybe there's no option at all and you simply have to jump?
Expert player (2582)
Yes, there's a wall there and you must press a hidden switch to lower that wall. And about the tunnel, the other option is to stop above the manhole and climb down the ladder. Sorry I'm not good with answers, but I wrote a FAQ* in this thread. Here's a sample: Q: I only have the (E) version of the Rom, can you send me the (U) version? A: No, sharing Roms are not allowed here, but you can use the (E) version too. Q: I used the (E) version as you said, but the game is running slow, why? A: Go to Config => Speed => Set Speed => 100% (normal speed). Q: Why use Snes9x rerecording 1.43 and not 1.51? A: I tried the version 1.51, but the lag was unbearable. Q: I saw that you still hit a pillar you're trying to jump over, why? A: That's the faster way, otherwise you land on top of the pillar. Q: Your movie is only 10% entertaining. Haven't you read the rule about this? A: It’s a guideline, not a rule, but if that’s the case, watch only 10% of the run. * Fake Asked Questions
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
(unpublishable) encode: http://www.mediafire.com/?32mzmidjjyr
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1637)
Thanks for the Encode. Given how the author talked about the movie, I was expecting it to be slow paced. It was actually lots of fast action. Yes vote.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
I thought it was cool, and voted yes. I think this is another example of how super hero games tend to lend themselves to good TASing. Super human characters played using super human abilities.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1562] SNES The Incredible Hulk by Dooty in 12:18.48
Expert player (2582)
Thank you guys. Like Troy Spence said on SDA when his Hulk movie was published: you guys are legit, and I mean it!
Skilled player (1637)
Congrats on your first publication.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
YouTube encode: Link to video
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
Redone encode: Link to video