Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hi. I made a Sonic Eraser TAS and thought you guys may like it.
  • Contains speed/entertainment tradeoffs
  • Aims for fastest GMV time, just for kicks (you'll se if you watch)
  • Manipulates luck
Sonic Eraser was only released for the Sega Meganet in 1991. It's a puzzle game similar to Tetris where one has to combine pairs of blocks to shower the computer player with more. The last person standing wins!
About the TAS: A lot of luck went in to manipulating the blocks, and especially for the surprise ending. It took around a week to complete this TAS.
More comments later! Enjoy, and please, constructive critiscim. Also, I hope the weird ending surprises you.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Ok, that's a pretty silly game... why does it need to have Sonic in it? ;-) The game is not particularly interesting, but it's a passable puzzle game (slightly better than Columns). It seems like you rotate your pieces fairly late, after they've already landed; is this for luck manipulation? I'm not sure how I feel about the ending though. Sure, the game is beaten, but I was hoping for some big combo to appear, and it never did. In fact, you got hit by an enemy attack during the time when the input was stopped. So although this does beat the game, it looks a little sloppy, and it's not as cool as the Monopoly turns that happen after input is stopped. Not voting yet. PS: I think that "shortest input time" doesn't need to be explicitly put in the category name. You can just make one of your goals "Aims for shortest input time", as opposed to "Ingame time" or "Real time".
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
Banned User
haaa, this Grue ... Who does not like the blue pig! My vote is yes
I am a determined person and not give up so easy. And better and getting used to because I will send many videos angry. I am Brazilian and not ever quit. (Though I actually rooting for Japan ^ ^)
Banned User, Player (142)
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks