Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my third T.A.S.
Aiming to demonstrate an excellent use of the second selection of weapons.
Obvious that: the other are also good, but ... The second is the stronger, allowing me to beat bosses faster than the others.
I also found some flaws in that game that are: 1: When there are many enemies on the screen, the screen flashes. 2: When on the basis of the penultimate bar arms (opition), placing the cursor forward to touch the screen without stopping to shoot, the shot sometimes crosses that demension and exits at the rear of the screen.
maybe I could use this flaw to make another TAS in the future
Also done some stunts and difficult to do the naked eye at the stage of the amethyst crystals.
And apart from that I could not find anything.
I hope this time everyone can understand my description.
And as already scrip before: I am Brazilian and my English not so good.
Thank you.

Esse é meu terceiro T.A.S.
Com o objetivo de demonstrar um ótimo uso da segunda seleção de armas.
Obvio que: as outras também são boas, mas... A segunda é a mais forte, possibilitando-me de derrotar os chefes mais rápido do quê as outras.
Também descobri alguns defeitos no game que são: 1: Quando ha muitos inimigos na tela, a tela começa a piscar. 2: Quando ativada a penultima função da barra de armas (opition), se colocar o cursor para frent até encostar na tela sem parar de atirar, o tiro as vezes atravessa essa dimenção e sai na parte traseira da tela.
talvez use este defeito para fazer outro no futuro.
Tambem fiz algumas acrobacias bem dificeis de se fazer a olho nú na fase dos cristais de ametista.
E fora isso não pude descobrir mais nada.
Espero que dessa vez todos possam entender minha descrição.
E como ja escrio antes: sou brasileiro e meu ingles nao e bom.
obrigado .

FractalFusion: Judging. This will take a while. Reverted. In light of recent events, I will not judge this submission now.
FractalFusion: A TAS of an autoscrolling game has to do something special. This run fails to do so. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2718: hikaru's NES Gradius II "speed run" in 22:22.79
Post subject: dantynbelmont
Banned User
as law. I would not vote no myself alright?
I am a determined person and not give up so easy. And better and getting used to because I will send many videos angry. I am Brazilian and not ever quit. (Though I actually rooting for Japan ^ ^)
hikaru, por favor postar suas mensagens em Inglês, no futuro, é irritante para as pessoas que não são fluentes em Português para usar Google traduzir para ler sua mensagem. That, and Google translate didn't exactly translate your post in one piece either, nor it's own English to Portuguese translation. Edit: Disregard that, he just edited his post.
Banned User
thanks FLYGON already covenanted my mistake.
I am a determined person and not give up so easy. And better and getting used to because I will send many videos angry. I am Brazilian and not ever quit. (Though I actually rooting for Japan ^ ^)
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
I have yet to watch this, but it does not beat Krocketneo's run: http://tasvideos.org/1471S.html Unless hikaru aims for something different, I really don't know about this.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Active player (417)
He's using the second selection of weapons, so he's aiming for a different goal.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Okay, thanks Marcokarty. I guess it will be worth a watch then... Will post opinion later.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Banned User
NitroGenesis That's good. thanks a lot!
Banned User
I went to sleep
hikaru, you are awesome, thank you.
Player (116)
Greatest Post EVER
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
i dont like scroolers i will vote meh..ok
Run..Run...Run.....
Banned User
wicked thanks!
PCachu
He/Him
Nothing says Taito quite like an entire level of blowing the crap out of outer space Moai heads. But yeah, Marcokarty's got a point. The title on this run should probably be 'NES Gradius II "weapon set 2" in 22:22.79', not 'GradiusII "speed run"'. Which naturally means it has the additional hurdle of establishing a sorta-alternate category in a game without so much as a single published run to date, but, in the immortal words of Super Chicken, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Marcokarty wrote:
He's using the second selection of weapons, so he's aiming for a different goal.
Krocketneo's run also used the second selection of weapons. Thus, this run is not a separate category from that run.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Player 1 sleeps.wav
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Senior Moderator
PCachu wrote:
Nothing says Taito quite like an entire level of blowing the crap out of outer space Moai heads.
You mean Konami. It's Konami who has a disturbing fascination with Moai. ;)
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Active player (417)
wicked wrote:
i dont like scroolers i will vote meh..ok
So why you're voting here? Poor hikaru...
mklip2001 wrote:
Krocketneo's run also used the second selection of weapons.
So it's a big mistake of hikaru, hehe... Maybe he's just aiming for entertainment...
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
I noticed that you didn't skip a part of the introductory sequence. This is the screen for me at frame 13 using frame advance (backslash key) (also done with practically no effort): In your run, it's like this: (sorry for crappy JPEG quality) So technically, your run is improvable just by that.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
NitroGenesis: Awesome video and good choice of music for it. I'm also amused to see your French settings. Hikaru: Not bad! I watched your run and krocketneo's run. Without a doubt, yours is more entertaining. You move in better patterns, you kill a lot more, and you have more weapon variety (like the rotating shield of Options and the double shot). Since you kill more, you also usually have less lag. However, krocketneo's run is a little faster. The main reason is boss fights. There are a couple bosses where you look faster (the giant red eye machine, the jumping Moai head), but in most other fights, you look a little slower. You especially lose time against the big green Moai heads. Also, you shoot at bosses before they can take damage, which really doesn't help. For these reasons, I have to vote No. However, I think this game could have a good run published. You would want to improve lag and fight bosses more effectively. I think you can do it though!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Banned User
Thank county mklip2001! I'm preparing a BAC much faster than that.
Active player (410)
Although this game is better than Gradius, graphically and such, it is missing the super speed bug that Gradius has which has made it one of the most impressive TAS of all time. Myself has started a run of this game some years ago after realizing that it's not a good candidate for a great run. Because of this, I'm not interested to watch your run even if I'm sure you have put lot of your will to make it really fun to watch.
Banned User
not care about it not Phil. taste and taste and not to discuss ... I struggled so why should it, and I want to see this work published! Brazil lost my, my JAPANESE lost, but I can not lose this chance. I'll tell you one thing ... before I wanted to be a member of the BAC, but no one here managed to create an account. ++++++ insisted until one day succeed. dai then met some of the crazy video I saw on youtube. Áruk, darcko glow and others who do not remember. then decided to do my works to be like them. I'M NOT MAKING broken ... but I became a fan of them. So this is why I am mad crazy ^ ^
i cant undertand why tas gradius, since you cant go faster because of the screen... in other words, you will always finish the game at same time, all you can do is to kill boss faster. and nothing else thats why i dont like scrooler games. but ill keep my meh vote
Run..Run...Run.....