As always, I have provided a release package on my my sourceforge project. It includes the movie file, submission text, and level savestates.

This is an Best ending version of Virtual Boy Wario Land. It aims to get all hidden treasures in the game. Getting all treasures allows for showing off not only the game but more strategies as well. It also shows off all the different Wario power-ups. Eagle Wario is the optimal for getting from point A to B quick but often Fire or Dragon Wario is needed to access secret areas that contain treasures. Thus I must switch items. Unfortunately to switch requires taking damage usually in order to be able to pick up new power-ups.

Summary

• Best Ending (All Treasures)
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Emulator used: VBjin SVN61
Enjoy!

mmbossman: It made me go all cross-eyed trying to watch it without glasses, but it was Wario-tastic regardless. Accepting.
sgrunt: Keep your eyes open - this will be published right away.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Thanks for the encode, Flygon! I played this game back in the day (hey, a Virtual Boy was only $25 and I got three games for $10), and it always surprises me now how short and simple it was. Getting the extra treasures doesn't add a significant amount of time to the gameplay; you just duck into a few hidden caves that for the most part are barely even off-route! Anyway, very solid work; voting yes.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
arflech
He/Him
The DailyMotion link gave me a 403 Forbidden error :-(
i imgur com/QiCaaH8 png
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Wonderful run as always, an obvious yes vote.
arflech wrote:
The DailyMotion link gave me a 403 Forbidden error :-(
Fixed.
Experienced player (601)
Yes vote; very enjoyable run. Now, how about doing a new game + and beating in on the expert mode that you opened up after completing the game with all treasures?
Current Project: - Mario Kart 64
Editor
If it says, "Adelikat's X in Y" it's an auto yes vote from me. I know it's good, I don't have to watch the video to know this.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Former player
hegyak wrote:
If it says, "Adelikat's X in Y" it's an auto yes vote from me. I know it's good, I don't have to watch the video to know this.
The Site wrote:
Vote: Should this movie be published? (Vote after watching!)
Don't vote if you haven't seen it, seriously. I watched this a while back but forgot to vote. This game is fast paced and entertaining and this run is obviously well made, so I vote yes.
Brushy wrote:
Don't vote if you haven't seen it, seriously.
I'm sure he was exaggerating. Almost forgot, Yes vote.
The colors makes my eyes hurt. Looks like a solid run though.
"No love for the game gear"
Seconding the obnoxious colors, although it's nowhere near the effect of staring into an actual Virtual Boy for the same length of time. Well done. Easy yes vote.
Banned User
I do not have or what to say I voted yes and
I am a determined person and not give up so easy. And better and getting used to because I will send many videos angry. I am Brazilian and not ever quit. (Though I actually rooting for Japan ^ ^)
Former player
hikaru wrote:
I voted yes and
Finish this sentence, please! The tension is killing me!!!
The treasures list and hidden passages made this video a lot easier to follow. I think they should bring back that girl... *smirk*
Working on a mod of an old favorite in my spare time. PM for updates!
Experienced player (601)
I thought I should add that this run inspired me to begin some Virtual Boy TASing as well as to purchase a nice pair of anaglyph 3d glasses. (Seriously, you can get ones that look like regular sunglasses on Amazon for like $5).
Current Project: - Mario Kart 64
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
YT3D HD: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=841D4688D016AB0E (Parts 2 and 3 still processing at time of post.)
Player (116)
Awesome Job adelikat! Yes vote. Loved the run.
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1566] Vboy Virtual Boy Wario Land "best ending" by adelikat in 21:53.28
zem
the any% run had an extra encode with two greyscale displays side-by-side; any chance that could be done again? it's a lot easier on the eyes and it's still possible to see in 3d if you can cross or diverge them that far, don't remember which
MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! I CAN'T SEE!!! EVERYTHING'S PURPLE!!!!!
A wise man once said "Damn, that's one hell of a steak."