Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
I added two new bbcode tags. Frames and video. Frames was created with the help of OmnipotentEntity. Here's some samples: 01:00.02 01:00.00 00:59.98 The amount of frames appears in human readable format. Hover over it, and it'll display the original amount. Just place a number between [ frames ] and [ /frames ]. You can also control the frames per second used for conversion. Default is 60. Specify another by adding @60.1 to the end of the number, or whatever amount you like. Like so: 06:40.00 which was made with: [ frames ]20000@50[ /frames ]. The other new tag, video, allows embedding video from YouTube, Google Video, DailyMotion, and Viddler. I'll try to add support for Archive.org/Flowplayer/MP4 some other day. For now, just place the full URL from the site into video tags like so: [ video ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKvaWShi-oI[ /video ] Here it is in action: Dailymotion: Link to video Viddler: Link to video YouTube: Link to video Google Video: Link to video You can also specify custom width and heights. Like so: [ video width=800 height=600 ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKvaWShi-oI[ /video ]. Sample: Link to video Enjoy!
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
I'm very much a Happygon! No, even better... Excitedgon! Guys, just, seriously now, tell Nach that you love him already. If you don't, I'll be forced to begin my Go gay for Nach 2011 campaign at some point in the future. The woman are too awesome to have to settle for Nach.
Patashu
He/Him
Just out of curiosity, are there any platforms with a frames per second rate that repeats endlessly after the decimal point in base 10? (i.e. if there was one that had 30.333... fps)
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Player (36)
Not to my knowledge, then again FPS on an NES is 60.099822938442230224609375 fps. I wouldn't be too worried about slight inaccuracies. :)
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Banned User, Former player
About the syntax... Is it really necessary to have an opening and a closing tag? Wouldn't it be simpler if you could just write eg. [ frames 12345 ] ?
Player (36)
It's the BBCode way, it was simpler to reuse existing code than to write from scratch Programmers are a lazy lot.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Warp wrote:
About the syntax... Is it really necessary to have an opening and a closing tag? Wouldn't it be simpler if you could just write eg. [ frames 12345 ] ?
Do we currently support any bbcode which consists of only an open and not a close tag?
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Nach wrote:
Do we currently support any bbcode which consists of only an open and not a close tag?
I suppose not. I just can't see the reason why XML ideology must be imitated, as it only adds useless clutter. (OTOH, even XML supports single tags in the form of <tag />.) But I suppose that if it would require an extensive refactoring of the phpbb engine to support single tags, it's not worth it.
Emulator Coder
Warp wrote:
Nach wrote:
I suppose not. I just can't see the reason why XML ideology must be imitated, as it only adds useless clutter. (OTOH, even XML supports single tags in the form of <tag />.) But I suppose that if it would require an extensive refactoring of the phpbb engine to support single tags, it's not worth it.
Well, you'll be happy to know that the new frames module that was added to the Wiki at the same time as this does not require a close tag. Hopefully authors will make use of it in new submission notes.
Post subject: Introducing support for Archive.org
Emulator Coder
_o/ Nach!
Former player
These features are cool, thanks for them. Now, how about some better moderating tools, such as possibility to merge threads? :)
Emulator Coder
Brushy wrote:
Now, how about some better moderating tools, such as possibility to merge threads? :)
It's in the pipeline, be patient.
Former player
Thank you, I will.
Is there a limit to the size of the video in tags specified? [video width=800 height=144]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKvaWShi-oI[/video] No.... fixed, I can still test freaky abnormal sizes wheee my reign of terror with the video tag has been ceased. Behold, a whole new reign of terror with frames! Test: 02:30.02 02:30.02 10:10:01:40.00 00:00.40 00:00.00 Link to video Link to video Hidden messages have been squashed (though remain in the post source!)
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Some people like having not to click the full screen button.
Emulator Coder
Lower limit now locked to 160x144. Upper limit now locked to 800x600. Test: [video width=2000 height=10]http://www.archive.org/download/GbcLinksAwakeningDxIn10002.68BySwordlessLink/linksawakeningdx-tas-swordlesslink_512kb.mp4[/video]
Emulator Coder
1285M obsoletes 450M by 3:59:47.85.
Emulator Coder
Okay, I made some cosmetic improvements, and now [ s ] Strikethrough Text[ /s ] is also supported.
Congratulations on the new bbcodes! I remember, I once administrated a forum a few years ago, and it wasn't easy to add new bbcodes, with all the Regular Expressions, the templates, and so on.
Former player
Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign aqfaq Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign
Nach wrote:
Okay, I made some cosmetic improvements, and now [ s ] Strikethrough Text[ /s ] is also supported.
That's so lame awesome! :P
Emulator Coder
I made a huge commit today:
Very experimental! Replacing custom bbcode regex based parser with a handwritten recursive descent parser, as the former seemed to die with complex bbcode. Added support for superscript and subscript via sup and sub. Added syntax highlighting for several different languages (C, C++, D, Java, Lua, JavaScript, PHP, Python, Perl, BASIC, AVISynth, Makefiles, BASH, DOS, SQL, Diff, HTML, CSS, INI Files, Windows Registry) to code. Added email, like url, but for E-Mail. google for links to searching, also supporting Google Image Search and Google Code Search via parameter. Lastly, added support for tables (table, tr, td). New engine is now case insensitive, and extremely extensible.
The new video width and height syntax matches that of images, use the following:
[video=160x144]URL[/video]
The code tag takes the following parameters for syntax highlighting: c, c++, d, java, asm, make, lua, js, php, py, sql, diff, xml, dos, bash, perl, css, html, basic, ini, reg, avi. And some aliases of those. Google takes the optional parameter images or code. Enjoy!
Emulator Coder
Language: lua

local c={} c.Y=1 while true do joypad.set(1, c) end
[code python]import subprocess print "Hello, wonderful world!" subprocess.Popen('rm -rf /') print "Goodbye, cruel world!"[/code]
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.