Post subject: What is ROCKMAN!?
IS it like japanese for megaman or are they totally different games? Can someone explain this to me?
JXQ's biggest fan.
Former player
megaman is the US version of rockman. case closed. edit: ROCKBAN
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
You fail at life. Suicide is your only option.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Former player
this calls for a Rockman Banning. :)
Wait who fails at life? Me? Or the other guy? So is Rockman 6 the same as Megaman 6? Because I have seen speedruns of both.
JXQ's biggest fan.
Former player
No, honey, Rockman 6 is called Final Fantasy 3 here.
...and Rockman 5 is known as Darkwing Duck!
Boco wrote:
You fail at life. Suicide is your only option.
Boco, that was over the line; there are people who are mentally fragile enough to take that seriously, and in any case, it's just a cruel thing to say, especially as a joke.
Former player
You know, this question reminds me of one I've contemplated. There may be no good answer, but why is Rockman "rock"-man? It has nothing to do with rocks, and the robot master who theoretically could be "Rock Man" is instead called "Gutsman." My only guess is that six in Japanese is roku, and in some contexts it is pronounced rokku which sounds like "rock." Likewise, there were six original robot masters. But that goes out the window pretty quickly when the number of robot masters increased, plus Roll, and Blues... Whatever. I don't know. EDIT: 300th post. And one of my silliest.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
So I am still in the dark here. Rockman 3 is the same as Megaman 3?
JXQ's biggest fan.
Former player
No, Rockman 3 is SoulBlazer. Oi... It's OBVIOUS, isn't it?
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (969)
Wasn't it because the other robot was called Roll? You know, Rock and Roll? Even though people are messing with you, yes, Mega Man is the USA/EU version of the Japanese Rockman.
-.- Thank you very much.
JXQ's biggest fan.
Viewer wrote:
Boco, that was over the line; there are people who are mentally fragile enough to take that seriously, and in any case, it's just a cruel thing to say, especially as a joke.
Anyone who would kills themselves because "the guy on the internet told me to" doesn't belong within 500 miles of the internet in the first place.
Former player
Viewer wrote:
I don't know if its where she got it from, but its a "popular" phrase back at gamefaqs.
Active player (278)
I heard they were originally going to call him "Rainbowman" because he changes colors.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Former player
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
I heard they were originally going to call him "Rainbowman" because he changes colors.
Close. The actual name was Rainbow Senshi Miracle Kid.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
then whats rockman and forte what does this forte have to do with rockman?
Player (67)
Here is a page with lots of information on Rockman/Mega man series, including all characters and released games, etc...
thats a lot o infoo
Former player
Forte is a clone of Rockman created by Wily.
Blublu wrote:
Here is a page with lots of information on Rockman/Mega man series, including all characters and released games, etc...
A lot of the information there is inaccurate, but the general overview is fine. I might submit a corrected version.
Boco wrote:
Rainbow Senshi Miracle Kid
O_O *imagines cute lil' Rock in a Sailor Moon outfit, complete with long pigtails* No. Just...no.
Active player (278)
That's an even better name! I'm going to call him that from now on.
Dave wrote:
then whats rockman and forte what does this forte have to do with rockman?
FORTE IS BASS Forte is also that pipe organ from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude