Post subject: Whatis the most recent system you own?
Ha now that I read that title this seems like such a "gamefaqish" post, but I assure you I am not only posting this to up me "karma." I am actually want to know. I know you guys are all into NES and SNES and stuff, but what about the new age system? How many of you guys have Xbox, Gamecube or PS2. What are your favorite games on those system. I have an Xbox, and I mostly play Capcom Vs SNK (2d figher) online. Other then that I play Halo with my friends and Ninja Gaiden on my own. It's so great to watch Ryu evolve from a badass ninja from NES and be a badass ninja on Xbox!
JXQ's biggest fan.
Post subject: Re: Whatis the most recent system you own?
Former player
12Motion wrote:
I am actually want to know.
For someone from Minnesotta, your english seems lacking. Either way, you forget that PCs are, and always will be, gaming systems.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Player (67)
I have a Nintendo 64 along with a few games. I never play on it anymore. Lately, though, I've had a strange urge to play through Blast Corps again. My brother has a GameCube, which I use to play essential games like Metroid Prime. And of course I have a perfectly good PC, which means I have access to emulators for all the old classic consoles. And soon I will have two very awesome gamepads to complete the experience!
Zurraco, 1. I don't see why being from Minnesota has anything to do with my spelling, and secondly, a typo is hardly a representation of my English. I just crossed saying "I am really curious" and "I really want to know" I must have looked away for a second and I am REALLY SORRY I DID. and I know a PC is a gaming system, and I know most people here play all the classic games on the emulators. But since we are a gathering of gamers of all shapes and sizes, I am curious how many here own the new age consoles. How many play Xbox live, or the PS2 online. What your favorite modern games are. Blublu, I am as excited for you to get the controllers as you are excited to get them! I have been playing Contra III like God intended... And tomorrow I am going to have a friend come over and we are going to hit Strike Gunner HARD.
JXQ's biggest fan.
Former player
You must have looked away twice on that last reply, seeing as how you edited it in all. I wasn't getting on your case about a typo, I was just directing you to a typo. By the way, you misspelled my name and you started to list with a "1." and never built off of that.
Nitpicking someone spelling and grammar on a forum is so mature, and how are you *not* getting on my case? You nitpicked my spelling, then you ingore the question I asked. "1. I don't see why being from Minnesota has anything to do with my spelling, and secondly, a typo is hardly a representation of my English." I did expand on the 1. but I suppose to make it proper I should have used 1. and 2. or said first, and second. But I guess I am going to have to deal with those mistakes. I edited my post to add in the reply to blublu, if you must know. You spelled Minnesota wrong in your first reply (only 1 T) and in your left reply "seeing as how you edited it in all" you pulled a little look-away on this sentance it seems. Are we over this now? Can we be done playing grammar police? (Edits, are me trying to figure out how to use BOLD properly...)
JXQ's biggest fan.
Well, I got a Playstation 2 I play quite regularily (due to being J-RPG freak. ;)). I don't have an online adapter and I don't even consider getting one. /EDIT/ And of course I got my PC, but I hardly play any games with it anymore (apart from LAN-parties of course). Though strategy games seem to always get me hooked...
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Yeah I don't really hear very good things about PS online. Japanese RPGs eh? I wish I could speak/read japanese so I could play all the fancy Japanese games...
JXQ's biggest fan.
Editor, Active player (296)
The newest game console I've ever owned is NTDEC, a Famicom clone.
Ha, hardcore retro eh Bisqwit? Are you really in Finland?
JXQ's biggest fan.
12Motion wrote:
Yeah I don't really hear very good things about PS online. Japanese RPGs eh? I wish I could speak/read japanese so I could play all the fancy Japanese games...
Since I don't read nor speak japanese, I don't play them in japanese, but the translated versions. There's quite a bit available in english too. :) I still play some a little less text-intensive games in japanese though. Like Gradius V which has almost everything in english for some reason.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Newest would be Gamecube, and I love it to death. I also have a PS2, though I rarely play either of them. No cash to buy any new games, and though quite the majority of new games blow, there are some gems that I would like to play. Oh well. My newest game is... Beyond Good & Evil for GC. And that game whoops ass.
Editor, Active player (296)
12Motion wrote:
Ha, hardcore retro eh Bisqwit? Are you really in Finland?
It's just that when I started using computers 12 years ago, it was an end for my console gaming. The only thing that was left was the soundtracks, which is why I now have a large NSF collection and why I have created many programs for myself that convert / process NES music in a way or another.
Former player
I have a lot of game systems around, including a PS2, Gamecube, and Dreamcast. My buddy has a modded Xbox which we all play with a little bit. I'm also the proud owner of a Neo Geo.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
my most recent acquisition is PONG, released in brasil as TELEJOGO (it has 3 built in games: soccer, tennis and squash). but i think the question is which of your systems was released last. that would be my gameboy advance. i'm gonna buy a xbox soon because i want to put all possible emulators on it with all complete roms sets on it's hard disk (i'll get a big HD to put on it). the systems includes nes, snes, atari, master system, mega drive, gameboy (all versions), gamegear, and most 2d arcade games. i think it can also run psx games, but maybe not all of them. it's possible that it can run turbografx 16, nintendo 64 and odyssey, but i didn't search for info on that yet.
Post subject: Re: Whatis the most recent system you own?
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (969)
Zurreco wrote:
For someone from Minnesotta, your english seems lacking.
Well, for someone from San Diego, you seem to have problems spelling both Minnesota and English. This means that your rate of errors per text is larger than the one you are complaining at, which could look stupid to an outside observer. :P~
Former player
granted, i was initially spelling minnesota off of the top of my head. i dont see any error in english, though. also, i dont see why everyone is making such a big deal out of a simple 'hey you messed up' statement. oh well, im over it.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (969)
English is always spelled with a capital E, but I tend to miss that too. The reason people reacted could be that you didn't put it as "hey you messed up" but as "hey your english is crap". Anyway, the most recent (in fact only) console I own is the Mega Drive. We had a Master System converter, does that count?
Former player
My newest console that i bought was GC.. but that was a while ago. Othervise my dearest cosole that I own is a Vectrex and 18 games, including the inbuilt one + the pen and some overlays :) but I think it got broken or something when I was a kid ;) I also have 3 different pong machines and one console that I dont know it's name of at dads place. You had one strange controller that look like an telephone whit an round circle at the top.. Anyway.. im proud over my Vectrex :)
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Former player
Uhm.. That would be a N64. But the one I play most is my good old NES :P
/Walker Boh
Most recent... I guess that would be my broken GBA.
Post Count +1
Former player
Gamecube, which I play semiregularly, although not as much as I used to. Just picked up Tales Of Symphonia, so I've been playing it more than usual. Otherwise maybe an hour or two per week.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Frenom wrote:
one console that I dont know it's name of at dads place. You had one strange controller that look like an telephone whit an round circle at the top..
intellivision?
Former player
FODA wrote:
intellivision?
Ah thats the console :)
Bob Whoops wrote:
Gamecube, which I play semiregularly, although not as much as I used to. Just picked up Tales Of Symphonia, so I've been playing it more than usual. Otherwise maybe an hour or two per week.
Unfair. I want that game so much. But Ill have to wait until it come to Europe. :(
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
I have a friend who has a modded Xbox with everything on it. He says configuring the controllers is kind of a bitch, but once it's all set we played some classic Mario Kart 64. It was great. I really don't think harddrive size is a problem unless you plan on downloaded xbox games as well. because the average emulator package isn't bigger then 10mb, MAME can get a bit bigger than that. But xbox has like 20GB I think? Not sure, but I know it's enough. But what about xbox live!? None of you guys play have it?
JXQ's biggest fan.