1 2
7 8 9 10 11 12
Capcom could teach Valve a thing or two about physics, as Haggar (clumsily) demonstrates upon Belger. Final Fight Guy (presumably J) using Zsnes 1.50. Bwahahaha.
Post subject: Super Metroid avoid big metroid/eye beam
Former player
I read about this somewhere and thought it was neat. as it turns out, mother brain's eye beam isn't so tough after all. On a side note, can this be used to finish super metroid faster? I know the damage dealt when the big metroid is flying around actually counts. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/3677/Super%20Metroid%20%28JU%29%20%5B%21%5D.smv
Senior Moderator
Yeah, it is a known trick, but it is infeasible in a TAS mostly because it requires refilling energy after the Metroid hatchling cutscene (and then waste more time pausing/unpausing). It will save a few seconds (at best) in phase III, but the preparation will definitely last longer.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Active player (325)
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
I made a video of Super Mario Advance for GBA. It's a remake of both SMB 2 and the classic arcade game. It has speed as a minor goal, but not the main one, so it has a lot of tricks that waste some time (I.E. using Luigi on 1-2, jumping over all the Beezos, and beating Birdo to death with the key. This is slower than using Toad and getting the eggs).
Banned User, Former player
Except you, uh, forgot the video.
Perma-banned
Former player
Perhaps that was the whole point of the joke.
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
For people that like SMW... http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/3822/fish2.smv fishes love pswitches :)
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
KennyMan666
He/Him
Who said that ninjas don't moonwalk? Noone? Good. Only stage 1-1 to 1-4, and not optimized anywhere. Not even the stupidity is really optimized. Played in 50% or 25% speed or something like that.
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
Former player
KennyMan666 wrote:
Who said that ninjas don't moonwalk? Noone? Good. Only stage 1-1 to 1-4, and not optimized anywhere. Not even the stupidity is really optimized. Played in 50% or 25% speed or something like that.
I love the concept of optimized stupidity :)
do not forget to *ENJOY THE SAUCE*
KennyMan666
He/Him
Being randomly stupid is easy, being optimally stupid is... a bit harder. Well, decided to do the whole game that way. It's still not optimized, but that's because I didn't plan ahead at all. The entire thing was played in 50% speed. Download!
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
Why have I not seen this thread earlier? <_< I need to go make some movies of Super Metroid now. XD
kwinse wrote:
Kejardon wrote:
Kriole wrote:
Samus is damaged by a Rinka in the opening.
That's a script action; no damage. ... it just dawned on me I know way too much about SM.
It took THAT to make you realize?
I present to you: Super Metroid Inanity Part 1: Mother Brain Mother brain is an aim-bot-through-wall cheater! (not that I'm much better... XD) Mother brain holds the key to invincibility! And it doesn't like it when you kill Rinkas. x_X Mother brain has a comfy chin, but a *really* nasty bite. Ouch. Samus has the ability to rebound off of walls. Now add in a super jump and Mother Brain and you get a world of pain. Samus has obviously never read the script for the final battle.
kwinse wrote:
Kejardon wrote:
Kriole wrote:
That's a script action; no damage. ... it just dawned on me I know way too much about SM.
Senior Moderator
Oh man, that was just hilarious. The final chord had me laughing happily. :D Btw, what's up with that bomb counter?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Yes :D This was amazing! Can't wait to see a run made by you Kejardon :)
moozooh wrote:
Btw, what's up with that bomb counter?
I'd imagine spacetime beam trickery or perhaps just codes. I knew you could through creative trickery move around while the super metroid is having its way with mommy brain, but I didn't know you could kill the metroid with a power bomb. oO
<Zurreco> if so called professional players cant adapt to every playing field, theyre obviously not that great
Space-time can get the bombs required, I used codes because I'm lazy. There's a plethora of impossibilities in most of my save-states. I know basically all the ram offsets so I just cheat my way to whatever I want for testing. Very few people know that the metroid can be killed with power bombs, since normally you don't have any power bombs, and earlier the giant metroid *couldn't* be killed by power bombs. And a run by me honestly wouldn't be that interesting. Most of the unique things I know are Bad Ideas(tm), and the useful tricks are already well-known. Now I need to come up with more things for movies though... hrm. Mother Brain was easy since she's so incredibly buggy.
kwinse wrote:
Kejardon wrote:
Kriole wrote:
What happens if Mother Brain hyper-beams you in the middle of a Crystal Flash?
Former player
Adebis wrote:
Killing boss while dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smk27nEPx9E
That was pretty funny. It's a shame it wouldn't let you beat the level after your death.
KennyMan666
He/Him
That's because Ufouria doesn't have levels - killing that boss only allows you to get the key in the room to the right, then you have to go back.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Journey to Ceilingus (Use the Journey to Silius ROM)
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
I was experimenting with memory addresses in Rushing Beat Shura (J) and made a funny. It was made with a cheat, rather than a glitch, but the cheat is stored in the movie's RAM. Drom Drum vs Al
Former player
Nobody noticed I've been gone, fear my lack of importance! While I still can't TAS worth a damn since I have no idea what I'm doing, I've been having fun with silly little glitches, weird stuff, and other things on my YouTube account. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8UfYkjYPs Using bunches of weird glitches, and putting it to the tune of the Mortal Kombat movie theme...I goof off! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4taJq-7w6B0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI3p-l5GoAE Having a blast doing SMB1 backwards. If I ever do a TAS, this is what it's gonna be about. Levels 1-1 and 1-3 done. Note that there's a slight error in 1-3 where I end up facing right for a very brief instant. I just didn't feel like going back and doing it again for the ump-teenth time. I'll show off more when I got more.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
Bisqwit made a "without B" movie. Theoretically, you could take that input file and hastily splice the left button everywhere, thus a "moonwalking" run. EDIT: Since mario 1 has been done like that, you should do the Lost Levels moonwalking.
1 2
7 8 9 10 11 12