Active player (410)
Yes, it will be nice if it can be updated by some hero(es).
DUT
Ok ^^ What emulator we will use? I like FBE 3.02 but at december JiMMy will release FBE 3.03 without Slowdowns and whith more games and blitters suported. I think he will remake the macros too, but I'm not right about the macros. Now I understand utopic gameplay ^^
DUT
HIIIII ^^ What have you decided? I wanna make something at CPS e NEOGEO ^^
Player (147)
Allow left+right/up+down?
DUT
Hi the new Fbevo 3.03 of JiMMy PaGe already been realesed... They are testing it and it will be a new version soon fbevo 3.03x Here the site http://www.snk-neofighters.com I wanna make something usefull, my english is NOT so good to post and post... Thanks o/
Editor, Active player (296)
Final Burn Alpha has had TAS features for a long time already as indicated by this thread, but it is not yet accepted on this site. Fans of this emulator have kept a very low profile, so it hasn't really progressed either. Thanks to inspiration from AngerFist, I checked out quick what's the status of the FR file format. It seems to contain everything necessary, except the indication whether the game begins from reset or not. There is a "number of frames played before starting the movie" field, but it is undocumented whether this field can actually be trusted. If the field is hex-edited to zero, does the emulator reset the console when it loads the movie, or not? Also, how portable is this emulator? How does it compare to the items at http://tasvideos.org/NewEmulatorConditions.html ? It is long overdue to start accepting movies for this emulator, but these issues should be cleared first.
BIG CHEER! I wish I could do something to help out..but sadly I can't...
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
You know, I skimmed through this a few times and i'm appalled at the lack of thought put into things. For one, FBA supports comparitively few games to MAME. Secondly, FBA also has games with savestate problems just like MAME. Complaining that MAME doesn't support savestates for some games is a bit of an invalid argument when it happens in both emulators. On the same subject, I don't do TASes, but I have noticed several games (Cave games, I think) desync at random, making even regular recording frustrating. I don't suppose you can say anything about that either. In any case, I'd much prefer MAME over FBA if anything. Seriously. There's barely anything to do within FBA. Do an emulator that does a good majority of games.
A big Thanks to Blip. :D The Rerecord function works fine. (I`ve try it with Ghouls N Ghosts) The same for the other emulators which was patched by you. Meanwhile are most of my favourite systems compatible for rerecorded gamevideos. :) Thanks for you great work. :D
I just hope FinalBurn Alpha FR movies become acceptable formats soon. I already have a movie waiting in queue already! And I was wondering if you were going to put in "record from power-on" features as well. I was also wondering if we need to use free-play or use the coin switches.
I'm still waiting for an emulator that can properly record input from Cave's games. There aren't many supported, but I want to see someone get the highest possible scores for those games. >_>
Senior Moderator
Cheezwizz wrote:
I'm still waiting for an emulator that can properly record input from Cave's games. There aren't many supported, but I want to see someone get the highest possible scores for those games. >_>
I hear you. I'd very much like to know the true limits for DP, DDP, and Progear as well, and would do it myself already if FBA wasn't such a lousy rerecording tool in the first place. :( I have a feeling that up to 800 mil can be done at DDP. Maybe even more is possible with some meticulous chain micromanagement (such as taking more expensive enemies into the chain at the earliest possible points), maybe some laser wobbling, and other kinds of optimization.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I will anyway. Do any of you know of some sort of tool that will allow me to see the games memory and/or that will allow me to collect frame data?
GoldDounuts wrote:
Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I will anyway. Do any of you know of some sort of tool that will allow me to see the games memory and/or that will allow me to collect frame data?
http://memoryhacking.com
Wow. From the looks of it this is a really deep program and will take alot of time to get used to. Guess I'd better get started, lol. Thanks.
can any one reupload the fba version on this topic
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
The latest FBA-RR version is here: http://code.google.com/p/fbarr/