1 2 3 4 5
15 16
jaysmad wrote:
I played this game as a kid when the TG16 came out. There was a demo at the mall. It is a platform game, you play as a really cool looking robot and destroy things... That is about all i can remember. Oh! The caracter looks like some sort of power ranger robots. Any ideas y'all?
Bravoman? Shockman? Turrican? [/searching for a life on wikipedia]
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
Ferret Warlord wrote:
Do you remember anything more specific than that? Something that could tip us off? "Something to do with a maze" describes a rather large selection of games.
Really, the fact that it was in the kid's area at Co-op is the biggest tip I have related to it.
Chamale wrote:
Ferret Warlord wrote:
Do you remember anything more specific than that? Something that could tip us off? "Something to do with a maze" describes a rather large selection of games.
Really, the fact that it was in the kid's area at Co-op is the biggest tip I have related to it.
Color A Sticky stupid, but what is this Co-op you speak of? I don't think I have ever seen/been/heard of one near Madison WI...
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Former player
There is an NES game that I played as a kid that I can't remember the name of. It was a driving game. Not so much of a race, but a game where you drive a car. you have guns which can get power-ups, and you have to keep getting the green fuel balls on the road to stay alive. Enemies included blue vans, other cars, and motorcycles. The motorcycles came from behind I think. If any of these things run into you, you crash and have to start your car again while wasting time and fuel. The goal was to drive through all 50 states of the US. The only music was when you beat a level, and during menu screens. Can someone help me with this one? I know it's not that great of a description, but that's pretty much all there was to it.
Editor, Player (67)
Pekopon: Racing America?
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
That almost sounds like Roadblasters, but that didn't have states.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Pekopon wrote:
There is an NES game that I played as a kid that I can't remember the name of. It was a driving game. Not so much of a race, but a game where you drive a car. you have guns which can get power-ups, and you have to keep getting the green fuel balls on the road to stay alive. Enemies included blue vans, other cars, and motorcycles. The motorcycles came from behind I think. If any of these things run into you, you crash and have to start your car again while wasting time and fuel. The goal was to drive through all 50 states of the US. The only music was when you beat a level, and during menu screens. Can someone help me with this one? I know it's not that great of a description, but that's pretty much all there was to it.
That's a mix of Zippy Race and Mach Rider
Former player
Titus Kwok wrote:
That almost sounds like Roadblasters, but that didn't have states.
ROADBLASTERS! THAT WAS IT! I can't believe I forgot that. It didn't have states? I thought you drove through all the states. But that IS the game I was thinking of. Thanks!
Out of curiosity, I'd like to figure out the names of two games I played many years back. I don't remember very much, so I apologize for possibly being vague. What I seem to remember: Game 1: - SNES/Genesis (likely SNES). - Board game. - Involved taking your girlfriend around a city and doing stuff like seeing movies (I think). Since there were other couples around, I suppose the idea was to be one smooth dude? - Had random tiles where some really fat woman would show up, as some sort of negative effect. - Upon completion of the game, I think it showed a picture (of the girl?) and had either text or credits scrolling over it. Generic sounding, I know. Game 2: - SNES/Genesis (not sure which). - "Beat 'em up." - Two playable characters? - One of the characters was a woman in a rather skimpy white bikini (guess which one I played). - The first level (?) was some sort of factory, with blueish metal pipes to walk on and a red background. Not really much to go on (especially the second game), but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.
Molotov wrote:
Game 1: - SNES/Genesis (likely SNES). - Board game. - Involved taking your girlfriend around a city and doing stuff like seeing movies (I think). Since there were other couples around, I suppose the idea was to be one smooth dude? - Had random tiles where some really fat woman would show up, as some sort of negative effect. - Upon completion of the game, I think it showed a picture (of the girl?) and had either text or credits scrolling over it. Generic sounding, I know.
Tokimeki Memorial: Densetsu no Ki no Shita perhaps?
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Former player
Yeah, I know, it's not a console game... But why not give it a try? I'm looking for a fairly old game (about end of the 80 or early 90s, I guess) which was installed on my elementary school's computer. I also don't quite remember wheter it was on DOS or even C64. Anyhow, you start the game and control a guy in a blue(?) sweater and do morning stuff like brushing your teeth and so on. Afterwards you ride your bike to school (on the way you watch the city from above while you steer your bike) and get some questions to answer, but this is the point where I couldn't get on as I was in second grade. I was once told that there were other methods or routes of going to school etc (don't know) and that there was to supposed to be a score to get (like the IQ in Indy games?), altough I'm not sure if that's true. The name I remember was like Commando or something.
stickyman05 wrote:
Sorry, but that's not it. I did manage to find the first game I mentioned though, through some serious searching of game screenshots. Turns out the game I was looking for is called "Koi wa Balance - Battle of Lovers", and is for the Bandai Satellaview. Made by Squaresoft, oddly enough. Had no luck with the second game I mentioned though. Perhaps I'm crazy.
That second game sounded like Golden Axe, but it is surely not that. Not once do you fight in a factory :P
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Editor, Expert player (2313)
There's a gameboy game I don't know the game of. You had to hit guys that appeared from the holes with a hammer, similar to this: There were nine holes in three lines and you were in the middle. Levels lasted ~1 minute. Stuff that appeared from the holes were animals like crabs, bears and moles.. the level design changed between the levels (there is a forest design, a beach design, a grassland one..). There are dialogues between the levels. The final level was a boxing ring with a mole that appeared only for 0,3 sec. The game was Japanese, and I only know it from a game collection cartridge which mostly included Japanese and US-only games. EDIT: No, you weren't in the middle of the nine holes. Rather, the middle spot was the default spot which was hit when you don't press any arrow buttons.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Molotov: I'm almost sure your Game 2 is Streets of Rage 3 for Genesis. The only thing that doesn't fit is the metal pipes. Beat'em up, 2 players, skimpy white bikini, first level is a factory.
Truncated wrote:
Molotov: I'm almost sure your Game 2 is Streets of Rage 3 for Genesis. The only thing that doesn't fit is the metal pipes. Beat'em up, 2 players, skimpy white bikini, first level is a factory.
Sorry, but I know for sure that it isn't a Streets of Rage game (I've played them quite a bit). First level in 3 was a warehouse, by the way. :P I'd also like to mention (to be sure) that it isn't a Golden Axe game, since I've played the three for the Genesis. I plan to look through another ton of screenshots later, but I'm thinking this one might be a lost cause.
Former player
Molotov wrote:
stickyman05 wrote:
Sorry, but that's not it. I did manage to find the first game I mentioned though, through some serious searching of game screenshots. Turns out the game I was looking for is called "Koi wa Balance - Battle of Lovers", and is for the Bandai Satellaview. Made by Squaresoft, oddly enough. Had no luck with the second game I mentioned though. Perhaps I'm crazy.
It's not Bandai Satellaview. It's stands for Broadcast Satellaview. I was also of the belief it stood for Bandai until a youtube member pointed it out to me. It's a common error. Look under the name section of the page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview
I dunno why I clicked on this thread (I was looking for another one), but since I'm here I might as well help. Ferret Warlord: I am a million% sure that this is Liquid Kids, the awesome Taito platformer. They are actually hippos btw. Baxter: This could be any number of games, but I am willing to venture that it's Shatterhand. Raiscan: I think this one can be closed since it will never be solved for sure. It's probably just one of the Arkanoids. I agree with Ferret Warlord on guessing Arkanoid 3 for SNES. AKA: Do you have any more info? I feel like I should at least make a guess, but I don't have any that aren't completely stupid. Iron Slayer: This sounds like Super Ninja Kun. Bisqwit: Night Driver is the only thing I can think of. jaysmad: Bravoman?
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress." http://speeddemosarchive.com/
Skilled player (1404)
Freakin' yes, thank you, Enhasa! I just looked it up, and while it is the game I was looking for, it's not exactly how I remember it (hippos? I never knew), but hey, I was 5 last time I was exposed to that game. ;P
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
To be honest, the only reason I responded to this thread at all is because you were the topic creator and I saw yours just at first glance. So I clicked on all the Still Looking because yours was so easy, I figured there could be others that easy. (Heh, there weren't.) It's like the Jakob Nielsen thing. If you had linked to your request, which was in the 2nd post of this thread, I wouldn't have seen it. ;)
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress." http://speeddemosarchive.com/
jaysmad wrote:
I played this game as a kid when the TG16 came out. There was a demo at the mall. It is a platform game, you play as a really cool looking robot and destroy things... That is about all i can remember. Oh! The caracter looks like some sort of power ranger robots. Any ideas y'all?
It wasn't Keith Courage, was it? That's the only TG16 game I can think of with a guy who looks like a Power Ranger.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Okay, I have two more. NES: A wrestling game, played it on 4-rom cartridge together with (guessing) Balloon Fight, one of Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr, and maybe Lode Runner. The game had a red (?) colorscheme, had a few selectable characters. The main point was to catch some yellow power-up shot into the arena that dramatically increased your powers. One character could shoot, one could jump across the screen. As you took damage, you walked slower. Master System: A side-scrolling action/beatemup. One button was attack, which could be combined with down or up. The other button was jump, which automatically did a jump-kick. This was the most efficient way to attack. You traverse some sort of city. You died in one hit. You fought a boss on a beach or something, and then had ~10 hitpoints each. Actually there was supposed to be a third game here, but at the moment I can't remember what it was about.
Editor, Expert player (2313)
MUGG wrote:
There's a gameboy game I don't know the game of. You had to hit guys that appeared from the holes with a hammer, similar to this <...>
Found it by searching on GameFAQs. The name was "Mogura de Pon".
Skilled player (1404)
Truncated: The NES game is most definitely M.U.S.C.L.E.. It's on the 52-in-1 cartridge my family has under the name WRESTLE. I always liked the shooting guy's ability, although the red guy, who always reminded me and my siblings of Homer Simpson, had that cool pile driver move. Thank you, you're making me want to relive my childhood. :(
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Reading this thread makes me feel old...
"No love for the game gear"
1 2 3 4 5
15 16