http://pastie.org/l/lua can be a quick place to host your script.
<ccfreak2k> There is no 'ctrl' button on DeHackEd's computer. DeHackEd is always in control.
I forgot about Dropbox's public folders. Seems convenient enough. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2275704/TAS/Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics/libfft.lua "Library" of two functions that get used over and over again between files. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2275704/TAS/Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics/fft%2001%20start.lua Script to advance from power on through "castle raid" FMV intro. No problems here. The script is timed for non-present memory cards but still works if they're there. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2275704/TAS/Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics/fft%2002%20orbonne-break%20early.lua http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2275704/TAS/Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics/fft%2002%20orbonne-break%20later.lua These two scripts are identical save for an extra pcsx.pause(); on line 11. "Break early" will not advance dialog without the pcsx.pause(); where as "break later" will once the emulator is unpaused. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2275704/TAS/Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics/FINALFANTA.001.7z Save state taken at the pcsx.pause(); at the end of "fft 01 start.lua". One may jump immediately into the 02 scripts by first loading this state. By the way, if the button pressing routine looks weird, it's because joypad.set is also buggy. One would think something like this would active a "hold' on the button, but it doesn't: joypad.set(1, {[button] = true }); pcsx.frameadvance(); [...] pcsx.frameadvance(); joypad.set(1, {[button] = false}); Instead, my routine presses and unpresses the button within a frame to register a single press. To hold, I do the same in consecutive frames.
Publisher
mz: Recently I've been trying to encode a PCSX movie that is on WorkB, and I've noticed that when enabling movie sync mode, a lot of sounds in the run Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2 are missing. I took a look at the source and I saw basically, seemly, movie sync mode doesn't do some SPUreads normally. I was wondering if you can explain how this would make the movie sync.
Active player (417)
I'm trying to play Winning Eleven 2002 (clean Iso) but it runs in around 200 Frames/second when the match starts (It's ok before the match). Someone knows how I could to play with normal speed? (60 Fps, I think)
Sometimes it gets stuck at the wrong rate. I have luck by briefly hitting Tab (fast forward). It seems to recalibrate upon releasing the button. Sometimes I need to tap it several times. However, my FPS problem is random. I haven't run into a situation where it veers off course consistently.
Active player (417)
Whelkman wrote:
Sometimes it gets stuck at the wrong rate. I have luck by briefly hitting Tab (fast forward). It seems to recalibrate upon releasing the button. Sometimes I need to tap it several times. However, my FPS problem is random. I haven't run into a situation where it veers off course consistently.
Thanks for fast reply. But no progress here. It's the hell: Sometimes it's very fast and sometimes it's very slow. But never in normal speed. I'm testing all the variations here.
Have you tried manually setting the FPS limit to 60?
Active player (417)
Whelkman wrote:
Yes, and it shows the "in game" FPS display like it: 60.00 with just small oscilations. It's ok in game menus, but when the match starts, the speed goes very fast. I can't understand.
mz
Player (79)
Yeah, there are some bugs in PCSX that make every Winning Eleven game run much faster, at least since WE '97 (which shows that Konami has been using the same engine for more than 30 different games). You probably want to TAS one of the Nintendo 64 ISS games, at least ISS 2000 seems to run fine in Mupen. Also, they're much more similar to the SNES games, of course. :P
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
Active player (417)
So a Winning Eleven run cannot to be accepted? Cause I can do a TAS with the slowmotion tool at least.
mz
Player (79)
Yes, it will probably be rejected. The emulation is way too inaccurate and, at that speed, I'm pretty sure it will be impossible to follow what's going on.
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
Active player (417)
mz wrote:
Yes, it will probably be rejected. The emulation is way too inaccurate and, at that speed, I'm pretty sure it will be impossible to follow what's going on.
It's a pain cause could to be a nice TAS. WE 2002 works nice in ePSXe. I know PCSX is a nice emulator and works very well. But just for curiosity: This emulator (ePSXe) can to have rerecording support someday in future?
ePSXe is not open source, therefore there is probably no chance of having rerecording support. I have no clue on the status of the ePSXe team, but as far as I can tell, it's either dead or crawling. It took nearly five years for them to release version 1.7, and most of the changes were under the hood. The only thing on the surface that I think was new is that it now has rumble support, or maybe it was rumble visualizing?
<ccfreak2k> There is no 'ctrl' button on DeHackEd's computer. DeHackEd is always in control.
Active player (308)
epsxe is so lame that if you close the window, you have to kill the process with the task manager.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Yeah... that's one of the weirdest things about ePSXe. But if you push ESC to pause the emulation, you can close the small window that replaces the emulation window and ePSXe will close properly. Also, you definitely need to use a frontend if you have multiple games, since there is no other way to save your configurations for each game (easily). Otherwise, it's probably one of the best emulators, other than PSX, which strives to look exactly like the original PSX with no enhancements, but I like enhancements... [I didn't grow up with that system, after all] I guess either one of those emulators is OK for me (I don't want to argue one way or the other), but PCSX was kinda wonky when I tried to use it...
While testing the pcsx-rr version(pcsx-rr-v012+-fix1.7z), I think that I figure out what was the crash/blackscreen problem with kkapture... just play a bit with the value in "auto-skip" groupbox and then the encoding process should run fine.
Publisher
BadPotato wrote:
While testing the pcsx-rr version(pcsx-rr-v012+-fix1.7z), I think that I figure out what was the crash/blackscreen problem with kkapture... just play a bit with the value in "auto-skip" groupbox and then the encoding process should run fine.
Weird, I never use autoskip, since I want all frames
mz
Player (79)
BadPotato wrote:
It looks like you have "Use FPS limit" enabled in the GPU config. Try following this guide and pay special attention to point 3 in the first step: How to record AVI files with PCSX and .kkapture.
Oops... yeah, right on it. Thanks, now that's making more sense :P The new ram search windows looks like a very usefull feature, nice job... just need a new hotkey later :)
i was thinking of tas a game but the game freezes when i play the king of fighters kyo. only when i press select or start over the city map. it was supposed to show the friends status, but the game freezes.the only emulator that works its the ePSXe, (pSX also freezes). i dont know why but i suspect about something with the cue file and diferent tracks written in the cd media. any help ?
Run..Run...Run.....
Marcokarty wrote:
Whelkman wrote:
Yes, and it shows the "in game" FPS display like it: 60.00 with just small oscilations. It's ok in game menus, but when the match starts, the speed goes very fast. I can't understand.
I made a little script that stick the fps at 60/sec ==> http://omploader.org/vM2hwdQ/normalSpeed.lua Thought, you need to unzip this file in the same pcsx.exe folder. Actually, that may sound a bit awkward to use the socket library... but I couldn't have any good result from the proposed one, since os.execute("anySleepingScriptOrProgram") always open a CMD windows for 0,1sec.
Active player (417)
BadPotato wrote:
Marcokarty wrote:
Whelkman wrote:
I made a little script that stick the fps at 60/sec ==> http://omploader.org/vM2hwdQ/normalSpeed.lua Thought, you need to unzip this file in the same pcsx.exe folder. Actually, that may sound a bit awkward to use the socket library... but I couldn't have any good result from the proposed one, since os.execute("anySleepingScriptOrProgram") always open a CMD windows for 0,1sec.
Nice news, but I unziped the file in the same pcsx.exe folder, and no changes in speed of the match. What lua script I need to load in emulator?
You need to run it via File -> Lua -> Run Script.
Active player (417)
I loaded the "normalSpeed.lua" and it works. But with a constant speed of around 32 fps with just small oscilations. I'm doing something wrong?
The script requires luasocket. Did you download it? http://luaforge.net/frs/?group_id=23&release_id=837