Active player (419)
Would you mind telling me how saying a "joke" (I was being half-serious) makes me an idiot? And FYI, if saying sarcastic jokes makes me an idiot, then welcome to the club, because you said one too.
I find it hard to believe you were remotely serious, but whatever. Suggesting that the operating system is at fault when a user reports an error with a specific program is almost never valid advice. It is, however, an incredibly common suggestion from people who think they're funny: "Oh, you're using $operatingSystem. Clearly that's the problem. If you weren't a ravening idiot you'd see that using $otherOperatingSystem would solve all your problems." And here's a hint: even if you didn't intend for your suggestion to be read that way, that's how it was read anyway. Especially with the use of LMGTFY, which carries heavy overtones of "you're a drooling imbecile that doesn't understand the first thing about the Internet". #xkcd has a pretty good breakdown on why this is stupid. This is getting way off-topic, though, so if you want to continue this discussion, please PM me.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Active player (419)
It isn't worth a PM to say that you didn't answer my question in that entire post. On topic: How come no one has started making a TAS of some short GC game to submit here? The input files sync just fine for me. I have TASed some event matches in SSBM and they always play back correctly. And yes, I mean TAS as in using frame advance with savestates, not "low fps + Fraps TASing."
Player (36)
I wasn't yet aware that re-recording was solid enough? I know that it hasn't been for me... Do you have some magical build that's from the future or something, sonicpacker?
A whisper in the wind~~
Active player (419)
OK, I've been trying this, and while I can get recordings to sync, I'm having a bit of trouble with the rerecording part. Every time I load a state, it stops taking my inputs. This kind of puts a damper on any attempt to make any sort of TAS. Any advice on how to fix this?
Active player (419)
petrie911 wrote:
OK, I've been trying this, and while I can get recordings to sync, I'm having a bit of trouble with the rerecording part. Every time I load a state, it stops taking my inputs. This kind of puts a damper on any attempt to make any sort of TAS. Any advice on how to fix this?
Use an older rev. I recommend from 6154 - 6200. The new ones seem to break (not take input for X frames) whenever you load a savestate.
Active player (432)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Two recent commits that brings TASing a small step closer to possibility: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=6992 http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=6995
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Following commit makes TASing pretty much a reality: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=7128
OK, this is pretty awesome. Got 6300 frames of Metroid Prime playback to sync perfectly. However, I'm still having a problem with savestates and Dolphin not taking input after loading one. This is kind of important to making rerecording work, so I'd like to know what can be done about this. Also, hotkeys stop working for me if I don't switch over to the main Dolphin window. Any ideas why?
Player (155)
Nice, thanks for the head's up. It doesn't work for me, though. Changing to the settings he describes gives me errors starting the game. "Failed to load DSP ROM: ./User/GC//dsp_rom.bin" also " ... //dsp_coef.bin" Then says each of these has "incorrect hash. Would you like to stop now to fix the problem? If you select 'No', audio will be garbled." The game won't run if I pick Yes. Switching the DSP back to DSP HLE emulation lets it run as usual (although slow on my machine).
Skilled player (1636)
petrie911 wrote:
OK, this is pretty awesome. Got 6300 frames of Metroid Prime playback to sync perfectly. However, I'm still having a problem with savestates and Dolphin not taking input after loading one. This is kind of important to making rerecording work, so I'd like to know what can be done about this. Also, hotkeys stop working for me if I don't switch over to the main Dolphin window. Any ideas why?
These are pretty important to the dolphin devs, I would let them know.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
petrie911 wrote:
Are you getting this with Gamecube controllers? I only get that problem with Wiimotes because at the moment, save states do not save the Wiimote states properly, and loading a savestate causes them to disconnect.
Active player (419)
It happens to me with Gamecube games. So far I've tried with Mario Sunshine and SSBM.
sonicpacker wrote:
It happens to me with Gamecube games. So far I've tried with Mario Sunshine and SSBM.
Is it the controller stops completely, or does it start working again after a couple seconds ingame? If it's the second thing, I think I've got a way to fix it which I'll commit later today.
Active player (419)
Toad King wrote:
sonicpacker wrote:
Is it the controller stops completely, or does it start working again after a couple seconds ingame? If it's the second thing, I think I've got a way to fix it which I'll commit later today.
For example, what I do is enter Event Match 1 at normal speed. Then during the countdown (around 2 or 1), I pause and enter frame advance. I go until there is about .13 or less on the timer, then I make a savestate. If I hold left, Mario turns and walks like you would expect him too. Then, if you load the state back and hold left, Mario will not move for quite a long time. If you go out of frame advance and wait like 1 - 1.5 seconds, control of Mario will resume and you can play normally. I hope this helps. Edit: If it helps, I believe this problem started around r62xx.
sonicpacker wrote:
Toad King wrote:
sonicpacker wrote:
For example, what I do is enter Event Match 1 at normal speed. Then during the countdown (around 2 or 1), I pause and enter frame advance. I go until there is about .13 or less on the timer, then I make a savestate. If I hold left, Mario turns and walks like you would expect him too. Then, if you load the state back and hold left, Mario will not move for quite a long time. If you go out of frame advance and wait like 1 - 1.5 seconds, control of Mario will resume and you can play normally. I hope this helps. Edit: If it helps, I believe this problem started around r62xx.
Yeah, I found the cause of that. It's a bug in the rerecording code and should be fixed in a bit. (Just have to finish testing it.)
Player (48)
petrie911 wrote:
However, I'm still having a problem with savestates and Dolphin not taking input after loading one. This is kind of important to making rerecording work, so I'd like to know what can be done about this. Also, hotkeys stop working for me if I don't switch over to the main Dolphin window. Any ideas why?
i noticed these problems in virtually any revision i try. :( ** Loading savestates dont even work half the time, like i'll open the emulator, i can load a state once, i try to do some stuff, i screw up, load again and it's become literally corrupted or screwed up, just frozen unless i completely close down the whole emu and reopen. And F1-F8 keys also only seem to work "once, then reopen whole emu" ** And it wont ever do anything unless i specifically click on disconnect wiimote 1, then reconnect... every single dang freaking time. ** and the frame advance is weird. In megaman 10, when im frame advancing...it literally skips over a frame once in awhile. When im watching the time attack counter it'll go like 1, 3, ..6, 8, ...1 That's not supposed to happen, it like completely skips over a frame cause the counter only goes up by 0.01 and 0.02 ... NOT 0.03 All these problems dont happen in dolphin 2.0 ..which is what i currently use. The only problem 2.0 has is loading and saving states sometimes crashes the whole emu, and the crash might cause the state to become permenately corrupted (saying 60 FPS, and frozen forever) heh I've tried several different recent revisions and nothing seems to work better compared to the old 2.0 at least for me unfortanetely. So i always stay with that.
kuja killer wrote:
petrie911 wrote:
However, I'm still having a problem with savestates and Dolphin not taking input after loading one. This is kind of important to making rerecording work, so I'd like to know what can be done about this. Also, hotkeys stop working for me if I don't switch over to the main Dolphin window. Any ideas why?
i noticed these problems in virtually any revision i try. :( ** Loading savestates dont even work half the time, like i'll open the emulator, i can load a state once, i try to do some stuff, i screw up, load again and it's become literally corrupted or screwed up, just frozen unless i completely close down the whole emu and reopen. And F1-F8 keys also only seem to work "once, then reopen whole emu" ** And it wont ever do anything unless i specifically click on disconnect wiimote 1, then reconnect... every single dang freaking time. ** and the frame advance is weird. In megaman 10, when im frame advancing...it literally skips over a frame once in awhile. When im watching the time attack counter it'll go like 1, 3, ..6, 8, ...1 That's not supposed to happen, it like completely skips over a frame cause the counter only goes up by 0.01 and 0.02 ... NOT 0.03 All these problems dont happen in dolphin 2.0 ..which is what i currently use. The only problem 2.0 has is loading and saving states sometimes crashes the whole emu, and the crash might cause the state to become permenately corrupted (saying 60 FPS, and frozen forever) heh I've tried several different recent revisions and nothing seems to work better compared to the old 2.0 at least for me unfortanetely. So i always stay with that.
Make sure that the following settings are correct: Dual core mode is off Idle skipping is off Audio engine is LLE (either recompiler or interpreter work okay) Also, what OS are you using? And are you using 32 or 64-bit versions of Dolphin?
Editor, Expert player (2312)
petrie911 wrote:
Dolphin not taking input happens for me too. It is because of DTM recording glitching things up. Whenever I try to record a DTM, the problem would occur and would only be fixed sometimes after redownloading Dolphin and rebooting. About your latter problem, did you enable "render to main window" in the options?
For everyone having issues with input not working after loading savestates, please try r7141. It should be fixed with that one.
sonicpacker wrote:
When I try to use the LLE recompiler for audio, I get these 2 error messages: http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/875/dolphin.png The first one disappears when press OK twice. The second one disappears if you press No twice, but the screen just stays black. If you press Yes, Dolphin closes itself. Anyone know a fix for this?
You need the DSP ROM files to run the LLE audio engine. The only ways to get this legally is manually dumping it from a Gamecube/Wii. However, if your Wii can run homebrew, you can dump it easily with a program: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=3823 Place the dsp_coef.bin and dsp_rom.bin files it generates inside the /Sys/GC folder of your Dolphin folder.
Active player (419)
Thank you Toad King. New question, would you happen to know why FRAPS doesn't record Dolphin (in fact...it crashes it). This was never a problem before r62xx hit (around when input after loading a state was broken).
sonicpacker wrote:
Thank you Toad King. New question, would you happen to know why FRAPS doesn't record Dolphin (in fact...it crashes it). This was never a problem before r62xx hit (around when input after loading a state was broken).
No idea. If you want to save a movie to video, you can set the dump frames option in the graphics settings and the new dump audio settings and just combine the two files those options spit out. Just know that sgrunt is saying that they don't always line up correctly and you may need to delay/cut the sound a little bit to get it synced.