1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Former player
As someone mentioned in the VBA thread, in order to start recording from an old movie, you need you uncheck Read-Only Mode before you play the movie file.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Great~
Former player
Edit: Nevermind
Active player (277)
well just don't do that next time and you'll be fine
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Former player
Oops ~ It's alright, I just read this topic and didn't know about the slide/jump trick. So I might as well do it again. Edit: Hm, 4:28 where I am now and last time I stopped here I had 4:45. Nice nice ^_^
Former player
Ok, I have YET ANOTHER USELESS AoS run. This is my 2nd today. I'm so friggin pissed! I realized that Satan's Ring =/= Chaos Ring (or whatever that infinite MP ring is called) God damnit. And since I'm using my close friend's NG+ save, I forgot that he's got a gameshark code for Infinite MP (which I didn't realize until I looked at the inventory again now...) Great. Well, at least I got a time to fool around with and see if next run it's better or worse. ~ 10:54 ~ but I'm going to try some other stuff first. At least it's something.
Former player
I hope you're not trying to make a submittable time attack, Nightcom. Our site doesn't accept movies that start with SRAM ---> no new game+, hard mode, julius runs, or boss rush allowed.
Former player
Nah, I know :) What's SRAM though? Anyway when will you stop your movie? The second you finish chaos or when you've pressed away all the ending dialogue?
Former player
End of the dialogue is where my movie will end. SRAM is a file that contains save data, or something. It just allows you to save stuff to the game battery, which in turn allows for people to make mods to their games. As a precaution, we make sure that all movies start with no SRAM and clear the memory of the game upon recording.
Former player
Ah, nice nice. I will enjoy your movie since I'm a huge AoS fan ^_^;;
Active player (277)
Are you trying a speedrun without savestates? That sounds like fun if you are.
Player (65)
Wait, what's this "New Game +" stuff? I didn't know Aria of Sorrow had a New Game + mode. Also, if you're looking for a good weapon to get for Balore/Chaos, try manipulating a Weretiger (or is it werepanther? I forget.) to drop the Mach Punch. I find it to be generally more useful than the Whip Knuckle, and if I'm not mistaken it's on your way to one of the souls you need to reach the Throne room. (The one that lets you pass the Chronomage? I think....)
If life were an RPG, I'd be an NPC.
Former player
New Game + is when you start a new game with all of the money, souls, equipment, and map you had from a previous game. The only souls you don't have are the ones that allow you access to new areas or ones that give you new moves. Werejaguars drop the Mach Punch. Weretigers drop the Whip Knuckle. Werejaguars are in the Underground Cemetary, which is not on my path in my glitch run and is barely on my path in the any% run (only stopping to by to get the Fire Demon soul). Weretigers are on my path to Balore in both movies. Whip Knuckle is also a hell of a lot stronger than the Mach Punch (a difference of +44 ATT). However, if you had read the thread, you would see that I plan to pass up the Whip Knuckle anyways in favor of the Laevatain. And for reference, you don't need to get Galamoth (the soul that lets you get past Chronomage) from Legion in order to get to the Throne Room. It's just a very disposable boss fight that grants you the ability to add Legion, Chronomage, and Sky Fish to your soul list.
So, how's the progress on this Zurreco? :) Or are you still busy with school and stuff?
http://www.megazpeed.com - THE site for the ultimate MegaMan Zero superplay movies.
Former player
GUILD WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still slaving over the Skeleton Knight soul, actually. Thing is, I forgot to kill two bats earlier on, so I am 2 exp shorter than I should be. I could redo the whole stair section again and kill the bats and hope that those 2 kills, 2 exp, less, hearts, and probably one frame difference will have on randomness. My other idea was to kill a Zombie Soldier in the same room as the Skeleton Knights in order to get the 2 exp and get the Combat Knife a bit earlier. Unfortunately, the douches will only drop Rotten Meat, not Combat Knives. I really really really wanna make this a good and 'perfect' movie, but the randomness of this game brings so much pain to my heart. I am tempted to just make a quick playthrough and only randomising Manticore and maybe Red Minotaur, but that is lazy and I don't want to resort to that.
Hmm, i fear that the randomness of this game will turn off many TA'ers. I don't see a 100% soul coming anytime soon. But this is such a good game...... i really hope you can get the energy to finish this one. (even though you're still pretty far away from the end)
http://www.megazpeed.com - THE site for the ultimate MegaMan Zero superplay movies.
Former player
Well, we will see. I haven't even glanced at my emulator folder in a week thanks to Guild Wars. The closest I came was when I was tinkering with Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts' level select loophole...
Player (65)
Zurreco wrote:
New Game + is when you start a new game with all of the money, souls, equipment, and map you had from a previous game. The only souls you don't have are the ones that allow you access to new areas or ones that give you new moves.
Oh, that's what the bat thing above the save file is. Wow, I'm an idiot.
Zurreco wrote:
Werejaguars drop the Mach Punch. Weretigers drop the Whip Knuckle. Werejaguars are in the Underground Cemetary, which is not on my path in my glitch run and is barely on my path in the any% run (only stopping to by to get the Fire Demon soul). Weretigers are on my path to Balore in both movies. Whip Knuckle is also a hell of a lot stronger than the Mach Punch (a difference of +44 ATT). However, if you had read the thread, you would see that I plan to pass up the Whip Knuckle anyways in favor of the Laevatain.
I prefer the Mach Punch over anything less powerful than the Ascalon, simply because its rate of fire is insane. (About twice as fast as the Whip Knuckle's, if I'm not mistaken.) That makes its lack of power in comparison to the Whip Knuckle kind of irrelevant to me. Then again, I admit I hadn't thought of the fact that you'll be at really low levels for this run, so improved damage/swing is going to be more important than number of swings/second. In any case, it's far too far out of your way, so please excuse all that foolish gibbering.
Zurreco wrote:
And for reference, you don't need to get Galamoth (the soul that lets you get past Chronomage) from Legion in order to get to the Throne Room. It's just a very disposable boss fight that grants you the ability to add Legion, Chronomage, and Sky Fish to your soul list.
Really? *Checks* Oh, that's right, that wall's closed to begin with. My bad, I thought that was how you reached the Top Floor. Ok. Well, just chalk that up to the aforementioned stupidity. Out of curiosity, why would you force the Manticore to drop its soul? Is it really that much faster in terms of travel time? Or is the Claimh Solais (or however it's spelled) not as out of the way as I thought?
If life were an RPG, I'd be an NPC.
Former player
Mach Punch may be fast, but that is obsoleted with frame advance. Any weapon that doesn't have an animation to it (Claimh Solais, Excalibur, etc) only takes 12 frames to swing, give or take 2 frames. Manticore soul is the only rush soul even remotely near my path. I need a rush soul in order to glitch at two points.
Still hooked to guild wars? :(
Former player
And finals are coming. I will spend lots of time on this over summer whenever I am not working or off partying. If you're interested, I still can't get the Combat Knife OR the Skeleton Knight soul. I almost want to just play the game and beat it quickly without randomising everything perfectly and then try again later, but that probably won't work out too well for me...
Active player (277)
Hmm, I wonder if there are any expert hackers who could tell you how to find the random number stuff you need...
Hoe
I forget every thing I learned while hacking the game ( http://red-stars.net/content/Castlevania:_Aria_of_Sorrow ). I remember Eiz or I figuring out the soul thing to make the 'always get soul' code, but can't remember a god damn thing about it. Eiz wrote a fast program back then to make a full castle image (500mb png), I'll see if I can find it for you guys if intrested.
Former player
That would make me so insanely happy, you have no idea.
Hoe
Here is the end of it all. 080684EEh is not an actual label, it's simply where I decided to start. It's twards the bottom of the function which calculates if the soul is given or not. 8000a90h is some mystery function. I'm not sure what that formula is suppose to do, but it will always operate on what ever the pointer in 0x02000008 goes to, then moves it back there, it seems. Possibly 'randomize.' 080D8140h just returns the modulas of r0,r1 into r0. r5 apears to contain a set value for each bad guy type. Zombies=3, bats=6. The higher the number, the higher the chance of you getting the soul. I don't care enough to be working on this, but this should be a decent starting point for any one who is intrested.
08000A90h:
	ldr r0,=84F0B28h	
	ldr r2,[r0]	;contains 0x02000000 (wram)
	ldr r0,[r2,8h]	;this time loaded 0x4C34683F
	lsr r0,r0,8h	;now 0x004C3468
	ldr r1,=3243F6ADh
	mul r0,r1	;r0=6911396F, c
	ldr r1,=1B0cB175h
	add r0,r0,r1	;r0=0x841DEAE4, nv
	str r0,[r2,8h]	;Write this back to where we first read from.

;gets mod of r0/r1. Returns to r0.
MOD:
080D8140h:
	swi 6h	;div (r0/r1)
	mov r0,r1
	bx r14

080684EEh:
	cmp r4,0Fh
	bgt +	;80684F4h
	mov r4,10h
+	bl 8000a90h
	lsr r0,r0,2h