So here's the SMW TAS Comp, this is going to be organized similar to the SM64 and SMS one except there won't be a point system. Rules: - The deadline for every goal/task is the next sunday 12PM EST - snes9x, lsnes and bizhawk are the emulators you can use. - No discussing strategies/route's with someone else - No collaberating with someone else on your run unless specified otherwise - Your movie should start on the overworld unless specified otherwise - Timing ends on the last frame of movement unless specified otherwise - Not following these rules will result in disqualification - no cheating blablablabla - Submit your .smv/.bkm/.lsmv to smwtascomp@hotmail.com Current goal: Enter Donut Plains 1 without any power-ups or yoshi or switches activated, collect all the dragon-coins and enter the secret exit capeless Due date: Sunday December 23rd 12PM EST
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2305)
shouldn't it just be here? (yes I know I saw it) Wait no I see tas why?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (125)
How will we know someone is using frameadvance
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Post subject: Re: SMW TAS Competition
Skilled player (1707)
HiipFire wrote:
- snes9x and bizhawk are the emulators you can use. - no cheating blablablabla - Submit your .smv/.bkm to smwtascomp@hotmail.com
Why no love for lsnes? :o Also, how do you cheat with an input file? You mean ingame cheats? I never knew SMW had those.
Post subject: Re: SMW TAS Competition
jlun2 wrote:
HiipFire wrote:
- snes9x and bizhawk are the emulators you can use. - no cheating blablablabla - Submit your .smv/.bkm to smwtascomp@hotmail.com
Why no love for lsnes? :o Also, how do you cheat with an input file? You mean ingame cheats? I never knew SMW had those.
You can use lsnes( i forgot it existed)
amaurea wrote:
These movies will be starting from a savestate from the looks of it. There is plenty of room for cheating there. For an extravagant example, see Kejardon's "proof" of the green chozo room in Super Metroid, where he hacks the smv savestate gain control over the game loop, after which he can do anything.
Player (125)
Use zsnes! Why? It don't have many tas tool.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
This is a TAS competition, not real-time.
Skilled player (1707)
Marx wrote:
Use zsnes! Why? It don't have many tas tool.
But it's a TAS competition, not a RTS comp. :P @HiipFire Oh, that's what you mean.
Player (125)
Oh sorry
Jungon wrote:
Editor, Experienced player (852)
So, already gave up on this?
I haven't given up on this, I just have been really busy and I didn't have the time to promote this and I guess because of that people didn't find out about this. Hopefully TehSeven(co-host or what ever) can promote it, because he really doesn't want this to just dissapprar. EDIT:BTW, if you'd participate in this, could you post here? Wanna see if there's still/even interest.
negative_seven
She/Her
Active player (354)