1 2
27 28 29
32 33
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
@mapler90210: It might be worth noting that in this game the extra height that you can gain from damage-boost is very small, so make sure you start jumping from the slope as high as possible while you are still able to reach the ledge with the horizontal momentum gained from the damage-boost - that is to say, you should utilize the extra horizontal length rather than the extra vertical height from the damage-boost.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Active player (308)
klmz wrote:
@mapler90210: It might be worth noting that in this game the extra height that you can gain from damage-boost is very small, so make sure you start jumping from the slope as high as possible while you are still able to reach the ledge with the horizontal momentum gained from the damage-boost.
Exactly. He needs to find the optimal place to jump so Soma goes the highest but also staying close to the ledge. The axe just gives a final small horizontal push.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Perhaps I didn't make this clear, but I have no trouble with the Catoblepas glitch. It's in my 16:23 New Game SS run, even (not that I could reasonably expect you all to have seen that).I'm asking purely about the damage boost, for the sake of skipping Flying Armor in a segmented run (which would otherwise be used to enter the room with the Catoblepas). I've gotten two piece of advice: one saying that I just have to be hit at the very peak of the jump, and that's it; the other saying I need to find the right place on the slope to jump from. Since the TAS doesn't jump from the slope nor have my attempts doing so gotten anywhere close, i'm going to assume it's all about height. Also, Kriole, I meant "why was it a non-glitched run"? It seems like all-souls could benefit from glitch warps, and I'm not aware of any other situations where 100% would be split into Glitched and non-Glitched unless it involves memory corruption.
mapler90210 wrote:
I've gotten two piece of advice: one saying that I just have to be hit at the very peak of the jump, and that's it; the other saying I need to find the right place on the slope to jump from. Since the TAS doesn't jump from the slope nor have my attempts doing so gotten anywhere close, i'm going to assume it's all about height.
Sorry, I mistook it for some other different applications in to get to Inner Quarter/higher layers of Floating Garden. Then here it is all about height. However you still have to get as close as possibe to the ledge before getting hit at the peak of the jump.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Ah, thanks, then. Can you elaborate about the use you were thinking of? I've never seen another damage boost, and I'm curious what it might lead to.
mapler90210 wrote:
Ah, thanks, then. Can you elaborate about the use you were thinking of? I've never seen another damage boost, and I'm curious what it might lead to.
Floating Garden: Without the ability to double-jump, you can still reach the higher floors in the room with a Golem inside it, by getting knocked flying with the Golem's upcutting at the correct position. It was originally worked out in my first death-warped run but then obsoleted when I figured out that I could skip straight from the entrance of Creaking Skeleton's room to Chaotic Realm. Inner Quarter: I must have been misleading with this one. I was actually talking about one of the early-discovered sequence-breaks that you could exploit the very Flying Armor with double-jump to enter Inner Quarter from its "exit" intended by the designer. It has nothing to do with damage-boost.
klmz wrote:
mapler90210 wrote:
Floating Garden: Without the ability to double-jump, you can still reach the higher floors in the room with a Golem inside it, by getting knocked flying with the Golem's upcutting at the correct position. It was originally worked out in my first death-warped run but then obsoleted when I figured out that I could skip straight from the entrance of Creaking Skeleton's room to Chaotic Realm. Inner Quarter: I must have been misleading with this one. I was actually talking about one of the early-discovered sequence-breaks that you could exploit the very Flying Armor with double-jump to enter Inner Quarter from its "exit" intended by the designer. It has nothing to do with damage-boost.
Ah, alright, then. I doubt I'll ever manage a death-warped run, so I probably can't use the first one. As for the second, I do recall that being possible, though I honestly don't even remember the "intended way" of getting there at this point. I'll play around a little bit to remind myself.
mapler90210 wrote:
Ah, alright, then. I doubt I'll ever manage a death-warped run, so I probably can't use the first one. As for the second, I do recall that being possible, though I honestly don't even remember the "intended way" of getting there at this point. I'll play around a little bit to remind myself.
You don't need do that sequence-break if you are going to beat the game with glitch-warps, as you can tell from the old warped movies by pirate_sephiroth (somehow manageable in realtime) and by zggzdydp (bat-corner-sinking requires frame-and-pixel-perfection and is very difficult in realtime).
klmz wrote:
mapler90210 wrote:
You don't need do that sequence-break if you are going to beat the game with glitch-warps, as you can tell from the old warped movies by pirate_sephiroth (somehow manageable in realtime) and by zggzdydp (bat-corner-sinking requires frame-and-pixel-perfection and is very difficult in realtime).
um....when you say bat corner sinking, do you mean the glitch I abuse after Balore in this run? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ZAK-Z_Tfk Considering that was some of the worst execution I've had with that part of the run in any of my completed runs, I think it's not as hard as you may think.
mapler90210 wrote:
um....when you say bat corner sinking, do you mean the glitch I abuse after Balore in this run? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ZAK-Z_Tfk Considering that was some of the worst execution I've had with that part of the run in any of my completed runs, I think it's not as hard as you may think.
Yes, I mean such glitches. It seems that you were using the old method (morphing twice instead of only once) that is slower (and thus more MP-consuming) but easier, okay, I forgot about that method. Yet it is still unstable/unreliable for time-attacking, as how you struggled to glitch in Chaotic Realm in that run. But yeah, I think a speedrunner can and should run a risk. So what about going further and even getting a not-so-rare Baselard from a Zombie? It is just near the very beginning of the game. You would definitely need it under Hard difficulty settings. You might need do some research on what actions would be likely to result in a drop.
Please explain the current method, then. I may not use it, since the old method is pretty easy for me, but Id love to at least try it. The baselard has proven very difficult to get, though I still have plenty of testing to do. I"m closer to a consistent method to get the soul than the weapon. EDIT: When I do a hard mode run, I'll use pirate_sephiroth's method from the last hard mode w/ warps run. I get it 1/20 tries, roughly. Thanks for encouraging me to try.
Active player (308)
Yeah, klmz... how can he get close enough to the wall without morphing into bat? but... watching that video made me want to play the game again...
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Like what I did in this boss rush made 3 years ago:
zhangsongcui wrote:
About BR that skips bosses(glitched), the fastest one I know for now is 00:41:61 ver. made by klmz, and due to some new tricks discovered it can also be improved a little. http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f2734669o1p0.html It's a Chinese website so I don't know if you can watch it.
To pull it off without pixel-precision (though requiring frame-precision), follow the steps below: * Walk towards a wall until you can't advance any farther. * Turn around for 1 frame. * Backdash + bat-morph for 1 frame. * Do nothing for 1 frame. * Press the direction away from the wall for 1 frame. * Done. EDIT: huge typo....
Success. Manticore Skip without Flying Armor will be in the segmented run. Although I now question whether the run itself will exist within this decade >_>.
Post subject: Aria of Sorrow
So im sitting here watching one of my favorite runs on the site cause I find it interesting. It dawned on me, how on earth is the Jump-Attack-Dash work exactly? Is it done via LUA scripting? I mean im just amazed by how that's done and i've always been curious as how that's done.
Post subject: Re: Aria of Sorrow
Skilled player (1706)
Khonsu wrote:
So im sitting here watching one of my favorite runs on the site cause I find it interesting. It dawned on me, how on earth is the Jump-Attack-Dash work exactly? Is it done via LUA scripting? I mean im just amazed by how that's done and i've always been curious as how that's done.
Why don't you download the input file to see how it works? :)
Experienced player (859)
The pattern looked something like, dash, jump, hit, press nothing for 5 frames, press travel direction for rest of the jump. I did it all manually, mainly because I had to change the pattern so damn frequently, so I couldn't be bothered to even check for alternate solutions.
Lex
18:23:49 <LexSfX> hey! i found a pretty insane technique that could be useful for TASing Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow 18:24:24 <MorphMoth> interesting 18:24:25 <MorphMoth> what is it? 18:24:25 <LexSfX> if you use the Killer Mantle soul just before you land, after you land, you can quickly swap directions while the cape is out and hit multiple times 18:24:36 <LexSfX> left-right-left-right 18:24:44 <LexSfX> the cape flip-flops sides 18:24:50 <LexSfX> like Mario spinning 18:24:52 <LexSfX> in SMW 18:24:53 <LexSfX> lol 18:25:14 <LexSfX> i'm not sure how useful it would be, but it might be very useful in an "all souls" run 18:25:27 <LexSfX> or even "all bosses" or something 18:25:44 <scrimpy> LexSfX: You should post it in the AoS thread so Kriole will read that. 18:25:49 <scrimpy> He's pretty much the AoS all souls dude. 18:26:11 <LexSfX> scrimpy: alright, i will
Yrr
Interesting... I've made a short test, and it doesn't seem to be incredibly useful. True, you can whip the mantle back and forth but you can't hit the same target multiple times with the same mantle. Has LexSfX made a video about it? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
Lex
Oh, it doesn't hit multiple times? I thought it did. My short testing was only in realtime and was never conclusive. It's a hard to flip back and forth multiple times during that animation in realtime. Well, ignore it then.
i'm currently tasing soma's boss rush but I have some trouble with legion quick door trick. Does anyone can explain me how to do it proprely? How can we move as fast as possible using dash + diagonal kick repeatedly like we can saw on every aos tas.I have some trouble with this when I can use black panther dash thank
Post subject: Aria of sorrow BOSS RUSH 1'17'90
*sorry my english isn't perfect* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc2YH8pyr7U Auteur info : I was always fascinated by TAS movie so I decided to create my own and discovered the world of tasing. So this is my first tasing attempt on castlevania aria of sorrow. I decide to make the boss rush where my RTS time is 1’26. And the current record is 1’21’38. I couldn’t find any tas of the boss rush except some crappy one on youtube so I decided to create the first decent tasing . I complete the boss rush in 1’17’90 no glitch version Description of the rush Giant skeleton : It’s not possible to get faster on this first boss. Even If I killed him faster I have to travel the room using black panther soul and the door will be open anyway. Manticore : Same as previous. Note that sliding below the door allow soma to go a little further than If I had entered the door normaly. Gain of few frames. Great Armor : I don’t think I can gain any frames here. I use black panther the all way and killing him faster doesn’t change anything because I have to travel the room to the next boss. Man-Eater : not even a boss, all I have to do if using lubricant soul with 1hp to increase strength and use red minotaur soul. Big golem : I have to use blocking mail armor to be able to dodge the first hit and be invulnerable for few frames. Allow me to use Black panther soul almost the all time. Ascalon is the best weapon to increase strength of souls but I have to switch to claim’s solais at the end because the weapon does cancel the animation when soma get back on the ground. HeadHunter : same as man eater.I can’t be faster to kill him. But my dashing animation when the door open is terrible and I have no idea how to do It properly. Some frames can be gain here. Death Death is in my opinion the hardest boss in the game. He makes incredible damages and has so many hit points. I think I can gain some frames at the end using the positron rifle that I don't have...I'm not sure it's gonna kill him because no website can give me number of hit point of every boss. Legion I hate him. WHY? cause I have no idea how I can perform the legion quick door (basically you have to kill him at a frame perfect to make the door open much much faster) . I try every possible frames at the end and there is no way to perform the trick. Someone has to help me there. Few secondes can be saves. The rest is OK i guess. Balore Balore is tough and I try so many differents strategies. I used soul like medusa to stay in the air while crushing him but didn't work as well as I was expecting. It seems that Valmanway is a excellent weapon against him . I try to make as much damage as I could with claim's solais,final sword and Valmanway and no doubt that the last one is the best by far. The key on this boss is to use lightning doll (triple hit) and red minotaur soul on the same jump then switch to valmanway. It's funny to notice that you kill him before he used its transformation. I think this strategy is the best. But maybe someone knows a quickest way... Graham Graham has 3 transformations. They key here is to kill its first transformation before he dissapears. Graham has 2 attacks on its form . He can through 3 fireballs and you can avoid them by attacking them or some huge black balls that you can't destroyed. I don't know how to manipulate the boss but I notice that graham will choose it's attacking depending on how fast you will attack him. I lost about 10frames by waiting in front of him because graham will attack by using the fireball instead of the black balls. The rest on the battle is easy , just a combinaison of lighting doll and red minotaur. final word So this run isn't perfect but good enough for a first TAS attempt and it was fun to discovered to world of tasing. However I will collect every different strategies to make a better time. 1'11'XX is possible I guess. All I have to do is to make a better time against death (30-40frames can be gain) ,legion (4-5seconds for the legion quick door) and graham (10-20frames). Sorry my english is not my native language. Thx you for watching. PS : Plz removed this subject if it's not on the appropriate topic
Post subject: Re: Aria of sorrow BOSS RUSH 1'17'90
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
darko21 wrote:
PS : Plz removed this subject if it's not on the appropriate topic
Topic merged to the currently existing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow thread.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Experienced player (859)
That was nice, the navigation through the menus was rather slow, but that is irrelevant (L and R can be used to skip entire pages.) Headhunter is probably faster if killed from the left side so that the heads connect faster to the body. You should also enter the room with a hippogryph jump on the latest possible frame before the door transition to save a few frames. The kick pattern is rather simple: Starting from standstill facing right >A > >A > >vA A A >vA A A >vA etc. Legions cage is rotating constantly. I'm not sure but I think it takes him 256 frames to do a full 360 degree turn. It is possible to trigger the fast death animation twice I believe during these 256 frames. 2-3 frames after the bars of Legions cage have reached a vertical position he should trigger said fast death animation. Good luck with any future iterations.
i'm stupid I forget that L and R can be used in menu lol thx for the patern. Any idea for the black belt? I notice that the black belt increase the strenght of soma but my game has been save on chaos realm so there is no way I can get a black belt because I can't go back on the castle...
1 2
27 28 29
32 33