Experienced player (647)
I made .bkm files for both Super Mario 64 0 stars and 120 stars: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q4cqufd8dia7q5/SM64_TAS_BKM.rar 0 star time is 5:04.88 (it was 5:02.25 on Mupen-rr) 120 star time is 1:20:45.40 (it was 1:20:41.52 on Mupen-rr) It's funny how a 5 min run is 2 seconds slower, but then a 80 mins run is just 4 seconds slower.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
^how are those times compared to the real-life TAS bot thing? are they more accurate or less?
Active player (259)
ALAKTORN wrote:
^how are those times compared to the real-life TAS bot thing? are they more accurate or less?
If the real life TAS bot was done on N64, then those times would be the most accurate, however if it were on VC then these times would probably be more accurate.
Current TAS: [SNES] Jelly Boy [NES] Street Fighter 2010
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
ALAKTORN wrote:
There's an inherent misconception in this question. Both are inaccurate compared to a real N64, but getting "closer" to the real time doesn't mean that it is more accurate. It simply means that the randomly different amount of time mupen64plus gets due to inaccuracy happens to be closer than mupen's randomly different amount of time due to inaccuracy.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Experienced player (647)
Will RAM search include Float by the way? It's pretty much needed for N64 TASing. Edit: I've been already told that it will. Good to know :)
Experienced player (703)
I was beta testor, now released :P
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
adelikat wrote:
ALAKTORN wrote:
There's an inherent misconception in this question. Both are inaccurate compared to a real N64, but getting "closer" to the real time doesn't mean that it is more accurate. It simply means that the randomly different amount of time mupen64plus gets due to inaccuracy happens to be closer than mupen's randomly different amount of time due to inaccuracy.
So the real question is, how much error is there in this emulator compared to the old one? :)
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Player (186)
zeromus wrote:
please check eventviewer application log for anything interesting. as well, run this http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-PostAttachments/00-08-99-90-04/netfx_5F00_setupverifier_5F00_new.zip and choose ".net framework 4 full" and supply the log if verification failed
Ha, I didn't know you had to install .net framework FULL (it doesn't come with the prerequisite installer...). lol thanks its working now :)
Active player (302)
Among the games i tested, most seem work just fine. However, I am getting problems when trying to start others. Some examples: Goldeneye 007 - Nothing happens, it's just a black screen forever Perfect Dark - The start screen pops up after a pretty long delay, then it stays there forever Super Mario 64 - Same as Goldeneye Diddy Kong Racing - Same as Goldeneye Also for 007 - The World is Not Enough i'm not getting any sound? Everything else seems to work though. These games work just fine though: Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask Super Smash Brothers Snowboard Kids Turok - Dinosaur Hunter Yoshi's Story Mischief Makers
Experienced player (511)
<RingRush> so <RingRush> is there some special bizhawk patch to play dk64 <RingRush> or special setting? <mkdasher> hmm, is not dk64 working for you? <mkdasher> it seems fine for me <RingRush> well <RingRush> if you let the intro play out <RingRush> it desynchs <RingRush> like dk jumps into the water instead of onto the vine <mkdasher> oh <RingRush> that means it is not emulating properly <RingRush> and when I tried soft resetting it just froze <RingRush> and the graphics were pixelated and weird but I assume there is a plugin for that Turns out there is a plugin for the final issue, but the fact that the intro desynchs and soft resets don't seem to function remains. The reason I care so much about the intro synching is that is the best way to tell if the game is emulating the lag and climbing physics properly, something previous versions of mupen did not. There is a hacked version of mupen specifically for DK64 that fixes these issues, so maybe the fix is simply applying those patches? Edit: Tree glitch still happens, where when you are climbing the game either freezes or warps you out of bounds. So physics are definitely busted.
Player (104)
RingRush wrote:
The reason I care so much about the intro synching is that is the best way to tell if the game is emulating the lag and climbing physics properly, something previous versions of mupen did not. There is a hacked version of mupen specifically for DK64 that fixes these issues, so maybe the fix is simply applying those patches? Edit: Tree glitch still happens, where when you are climbing the game either freezes or warps you out of bounds. So physics are definitely busted.
I also reproduced the tree bug (this is the first thing I test :p) and the desync while DK rap; I think it can be fixed "easly" fixed but I don't have enough programmation skills to do that :(
Editor
Wyster, I checked Diddy Kong Racing with Rice and Glide and the game loads just fine for me. Rice had graphical issues (Diddy's hat), Glide did not. I used ROM Diddy Kong Racing (U) (1.0) I can't get the SHA-1 at the moment but I am pretty sure it's a good dump.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Active player (302)
Wyster, I checked Diddy Kong Racing with Rice and Glide and the game loads just fine for me. Rice had graphical issues (Diddy's hat), Glide did not. I used ROM Diddy Kong Racing (U) (1.0) I can't get the SHA-1 at the moment but I am pretty sure it's a good dump.
I doubt it's a problem with my ROM(s) since all my games (including DKR) works in the old Mupen-rr without issues. And i haven't really changed any settings in BizHawk either (only controller mapping and resolution).
Experienced player (647)
Wyster wrote:
Among the games i tested, most seem work just fine. However, I am getting problems when trying to start others. Some examples: Goldeneye 007 - Nothing happens, it's just a black screen forever Perfect Dark - The start screen pops up after a pretty long delay, then it stays there forever Super Mario 64 - Same as Goldeneye Diddy Kong Racing - Same as Goldeneye Also for 007 - The World is Not Enough i'm not getting any sound? Everything else seems to work though. These games work just fine though: Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask Super Smash Brothers Snowboard Kids Turok - Dinosaur Hunter Yoshi's Story Mischief Makers
well I'm not sure about the others but I can tell Super Mario 64 works fine.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Yoshi Story works for me.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (703)
Since I was beta testor before almost everyone for the scared peoples, Rayman 2 does NOT fail at the boss of cave of bad dreams
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Editor
Re-Volt crashes Bizhawk. See my bug report here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354072#354072
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Former player
Star Wars Episode I: Racer Very slow and the sound is terrible. Also, you have to use Glide64k, otherwise the screen isn't even centered. I would like to start TASing this, but I guess it's better to wait for the 1.5.1 update.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
Player (104)
I tried to import MrGrunz's The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask but I failed :( It desync for about 9frames at the beginning and it increase to about 25 frames while the first cutscene; like it was slower... I didn't try to sync first input yet. Anyway, the game seems to be well emulated (better than with the old mupen ? that's THE question)
I wouldn't expect already-existing TASes to sync on the new emulator, just like a TAS made on SNES9x probably won't sync on lsnes.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Derakon wrote:
I wouldn't expect already-existing TASes to sync on the new emulator, just like a TAS made on SNES9x probably won't sync on lsnes.
mkdasher wrote:
I found out what was causing Bizhawk to desync with Super Mario 64 .m64 files. Apparently m64_reader.lua script is reading 1 frame later than it should. Just for creating the .bkm files, I fixed it by erasing the first frame on .m64 file.
Super Mario 64 is probably an exception, since it's the closest the emulators come to emulating a game correctly. :)
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Will the mupen64 plus have it's own emulator for TASes soon? Because BizHawk runs very slow for me.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Skilled player (1706)
TASeditor wrote:
Will the mupen64 plus have it's own emulator for TASes soon? Because BizHawk runs very slow for me.
I'm not sure if it's related, but how will Mupen64+ be any better speed-wise assuming it emulates N64 just as well as BizHawk?
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
jlun2 wrote:
TASeditor wrote:
I'm not sure if it's related, but how will Mupen64+ be any better speed-wise assuming it emulates N64 just as well as BizHawk?
Well this runs about 3 times faster than BizHawk. BizHawk is in general a bit slower than other emulators.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch