(Link to video)
From a variety show broadcast in Japan, "ウッチャンナンチャンの炎のチャレンジャー これができたら100万円!!" (Ucchannanchan's passionate challenger, ready for 1 million yen!), its main project "電流イライラ棒" (Irritating Electric Rod) was faithfully recreated as a game. With the analog stick, move the rod to the goal in time without touching the course boundary or obstacles. This game was only sold in Japan.
  • BizHawk 1.5.2
  • Best Video Plugin "Glide64mk2"
  • Glide64mk2's specific configuration at default.
Nicovideo 60fps encodes:link
YouTube 30fps encodes:link (This game plays at 60fps, so 30fps is not exact.)

About this movie file:

• Since this game does not have a credit roll, I end input after name screen.
  • Considering it is a speedrun from beginning to end (finished name screen), each individual course is not the fastest time.
  • There is a scene where we select the rod that influences movement speed. I choose the second fastest rod to use, the gold rod.
  • The fastest rod is a hidden item: When all courses are cleared with gold rank or higher, it unlocks the fastest rod Diablo. This TAS cannot use it.
  • For these criteria, refer to Nicovideo RTA (speedrun) videos: link

feos: Accepting for Vault and publishing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Sorry, but I found this run boring to watch, and didn't see any merit in TASing a game of this type. Voting no.
No.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2300)
OH THIS GAME. Okay. - For technical I give it a hell yes... - For entertainment I give it a no... I wanted to see this game done... even though I knew it wasn't going to be entertaining. Meh Vote (VAULT). The PS1 version had speed limits and stuff correct (Speed 1 - 5)?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
An N64 version of the electrified wire loop carnival game. That concept was clearly not going to be very entertaining, since it lacks none of the elements of a traditional game. There's barely anything to see, but lots of annoying voices to hear! Definitely a TAS to watch on mute. A definite No for entertainment.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
A very nice technical achievement, but not even remotely entertaining.Very fitting for the vault. Voted no on entertainment.
Editor
Technically it's impressive. This is pretty much a Vault run is.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Glitcher
He/Him
I've heard of this game before, but man, it looks boring as hell. It's basically a poor man's racing game with a ball. Way to go, Japan.
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
This TAS is funny, even if the game is rather simplistic. The voices progressively go crazy as the TAS speeds through the courses. This game is also weird. That, and because of Japanese interests, is probably why this video has 175K views on Nicovideo. (The average uploaded encode of a completed TAS of a game, I think, gets about 15K views on Nicovideo.)
Glitcher wrote:
racing game with a ball
No, it is a racing game with a rod. (Even though it might as well be a ball from looking at the gameplay.)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2300)
hopper wrote:
There's barely anything to see, but lots of annoying voices to hear!
Based hopper not playing/watching many Japanese arcade type games before (I could look for more but meh). I'm saying your vote doesn't count for being bias (trust me I was going to write another word down instead of bias).
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I don't know how this game works, but it looked like a really good technical achievement, as Spikestuff said. Good job, asutoro! I will also vote Meh.
Former player
There are many negative opinions. It is unavoidable. It is a link to movie of the program used as the origin of the game. http://youtu.be/aRVzy8vytMg?t=1m22s 否定的な意見が多いですね 仕方ないことです。 ゲームの起源となった番組の動画へのリンクです。
Operation related to TAS of N64/GC/Wii/PS2 emulator is often investigated.
Former player
asutoro wrote:
http://youtu.be/aRVzy8vytMg?t=1m22s
Heh, that was interesting. The real-life version of these mazes look pretty fun!
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
asutoro wrote:
There are many negative opinions.
They are not against publication.
Editor
This reminds me of mouse avoider games.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
The real-world version looks interesting and fun! When this gets published, I think there should be a link to that video in the description since it makes it so much easier for viewers who aren't familiar with the type of game to understand what's going on.
WST
She/Her
Active player (450)
I give it a strong yes vote for the game’s dumbness.
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Skilled player (1707)
Editor, Experienced player (894)
That announcer needs to take a chill pill... Gameplay looked precise, so perhaps vault this one.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
Ha, I remember the real-life version airing on DSF (now Sport1, which is supposed to be a German sports channel) as Sports Bakka (the Japanese in their title card reads スポーツ バカ, mind you) in the title card) back in the early 2000's. Anyway, on the technical side, this was indeed really impressive. On the entertainment side, considering I watched the show way before this TAS, I have to say it was a tiny bit entertaining. Clearly, those weren't the intended methods to solve the stages. I'll have to give this a Meh.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
OMG IT'S IRRITATING STICK! Voting meh, this was pretty much "Optimized Maze Completion" but the voices were pretty funny.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2489] N64 Ucchan Nanchan no Honō no Challenge: Denryū IraIra Bō by asutoro in 05:57.30
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
How did I miss this? Voting yes for commentary hilarity.