1 2
6 7 8
11 12
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Watched a little bit and I'm afraid your movements aren't optimal. On the ground the optimal movement is Slide-Spin but you have to spin right before your speed goes back to 2. It goes 5-4-4-4-4-3-3-3-3-3, you have to spin on the last 3. Then the next Slide-Spin must be done when your speed hit 1 again. The reason is that a Slide-Spin performed right after a Spin is a different version of it where the Spinning animation isn't displayed allowing for a faster standing up. The Slide-Spin where the animation isn't displayed is the faster way of moving. About the jumps. When you jump you must spin in mid-air in sort a way the Spinning end on the frame you hit the ground. That way you hit the ground with a speed of 1 and can slide right away. Otherwise, your speed is 0 and you lose a few frames. Underwater. Spinning is a little bit slower. During the 36 frames that cost a spinning you travel a distance of 93, when pressing A every 12 frames travels a distance of 99. Spinning must be avoided except to kill ennemies or end a level due to its fastest acceleration.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Lil_Gecko wrote:
Optimization in detail about VGR's slide spins
This is the reason I'm taking a massive break on 100%ing this tas and picking up ps1 games, trust me I'll come back to it.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Lil_Gecko wrote:
Underwater. Spinning is a little bit slower. During the 36 frames that cost a spinning you travel a distance of 93, when pressing A every 12 frames travels a distance of 99. Spinning must be avoided except to kill ennemies or end a level due to its fastest acceleration.
What? isn't the laws of Crash Bandicoot spinning and swimming together are the fastest combined strategy for swimming? (I have to bring up a video from one of my old WIP on Crash HA 100%) if I remember right the speed is 2-2-3-3-3-4-4-3-4 and then -2 for going left it's mentioned earlier in this forum that using the Crash 3 strategies on water levels are faster for this game Video doesn't do time I want to show at... Go to 1minute 27seconds of the video Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
My mistake. I didn't notice you could swim during the last 11 frames of the Spinning. So Spin-Swim is indeed a little bit faster but not much though.
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
I tried a quick TAS test of the first 2 levels. Saved around 4,5 seconds compared to VGR's WIP. Link to video
Spikestuff
They/Them
Lil_Gecko wrote:
I tried a quick TAS test of the first 2 levels. Saved around 4,5 seconds compared to VGR's WIP. Video
Can you please please PM me the inputs you've done I wan't to see it slower and with the GBA watch file that Warepire made
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Remember it's just a test, I know at least one improvement in level 1 + there's ton of lag. I did it with vba-rr v23.5 svn421. vbm => http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/get/632742852/Crash%20Bandicoot%20-%20The%20Huge%20Adventure%20TAS%20test.vbm
Spikestuff
They/Them
Perfect frames for entering faster than you Cardboard Now the frame I write first is when it shows up on tas movie editor, so it's one frame faster so I added 2 to the end. 261-263 Start 516-518 Start 588-623 Start 740-752 A 765-806 Start 888-898 A
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Post subject: another type of run.
Spikestuff
They/Them
obviously by the subject title (Hi guys on irc.chat), I have thought of a third type of run this applies mainly to the 100%, "Shoeless 100%". For it to make a little more sense (YES I TRIED TO MAKE IT SOUND MORE ENGLISH-er), you need the running shoes to get some levels done with the platinum relic, but I have been doing some RTA speedrunning and found out all the platinum relics are possible without the running shoes and with the classic method slide-spins and sliding up a slope. any% 100% "Shoeless" 100% - Obviously if you can think of a better title for it write it
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Experienced player (703)
Planning to TAS this Game, thanks Spikestuff for help. Level 1 did: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/10855587092001217 (optimises SS rejected TAS by 170 frames without lags [using vba24]) Still improvable :) Link to video
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Spikestuff
They/Them
nice work got4n. The first 999 frames I gave optimal inputs to pass the intro screens and into the first level yadda, yadda but I won't be second man.. Which apparently got4n didn't use T.T which I ended up finding out why. even though I'm helping quite a bit with routes, lua, ram hunting etc.. Sad to say lil_Gecko's mini run of the first 2 levels is faster than yours... in level by 41 frames. You're behind by 32 frames (full) to Gecko. Also for comparisons sake you might want to look at VGR's. Btw updated the WR by 1 minute... lost time due to lag frames as I was using emulator. Link to video Edit: Also I need help in finding the values of N.Gin's guns. For how many hits have been dealt.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Yep, I tried the first level with the latest VBA and improved your run by 123 frames. Quote from earlier in the thread :
On the ground the optimal movement is Slide-Spin but you have to spin right before your speed goes back to 2. It goes 5-4-4-4-4-3-3-3-3-3, you have to spin on the last 3. Then the next Slide-Spin must be done when your speed hit 1 again. The reason is that a Slide-Spin performed right after a Spin is a different version of it where the Spinning animation isn't displayed allowing for a faster standing up. The Slide-Spin where the animation isn't displayed is the faster way of moving. About the jumps. When you jump you must spin in mid-air in sort a way the Spinning end on the frame you hit the ground. That way you hit the ground with a speed of 1 and can slide right away. Otherwise, your speed is 0 and you lose a few frames.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Gecko how much faster are you in level... compared to as I assume total time?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Spikestuff wrote:
Gecko how much faster are you in level... compared to as I assume total time?
3 frames in the intro, 120 frames in the first level. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1990053058/Crash%20Bandicoot%20-%20The%20Huge%20Adventure.vbm
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Experienced player (703)
what about co-auth lil_gecko?
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Spikestuff
They/Them
Lil_Gecko I see an improvement already. In Dingodile. Final hit. - Go inside him damage abuse early (you can do this on first hit too rather than waiting back). - Spin going towards the powerup (so you're already inside him). - With such a small space you can muck around and have fun in Dingodile This is just a route suggestion Level 5 before 4 because you can abuse through the entirety of 5
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Here's a lua script Myself and help from Got4n for some values created: Download Download It's best viewed in "2x Magnification". Just re-posting the hit counts here too for N.Gin: Issues:
    > I was unable to retrieve the amount of shots 'til N.Gin's death. > Jump? maybe incorrect. (This was Created Nov. 24th where I didn't know if statements with lua.) > No Polar values. > Invisibility Count not correct value. > The Positioning might not be best (Please feedback for that)
TODO: Clean up issues. I do need help for N.Gin Values, and Polar Values. Invisibility Count might not exist for some reason. Edit 1: Found Jump and Air correct value, which is now incorporated. Edit 2: Lua now has Re-record count and tells you when not recording.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Since this is Crash Huge Advance and N-Tranced forum I've decided to give off this Crash N-Tranced lua script. Download Issues:
    > No Speed Y > Missing Ball Speed > Ball glitches in... since no proper value for it. (Space makes sense when in black) > Camera Count missing. > The Positioning might not be best (Please feedback for that)
Clock is for RNG timing. Since this is newer it mostly works.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
I still have a watch file for Crash Bandicoot N-Tranced Here's all the speed addresses except for the space-fly levels:
0x02015058 dword signed X Velocity (not bonus)
0x0201505C dword signed Y Velocity (not bonus)
0x02015064 dword signed X Position (not bonus)
0x02015068 dword signed Y Position (not bonus)
0x02015470 dword signed X Velocity (bonus)
0x02015474 dword signed Y Velocity (bonus)
0x0201547C dword signed X Position (bonus)
0x02015480 dword signed Y Position (bonus)
0x02002544 dword signed Atlas sphere speed 1
0x02002548 dword signed Atlas sphere speed 2
0x02000F44 dword signed Wakeboard speed
To get speed in the direction you're going with the Atlas sphere, you need to take the abs of the numbers, and then add them together. Top speed is 1024. What would be really useful is a hitbox viewer for the Wakeboard levels, it's close to impossible to make it entertaining otherwise without losing the top speed.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Yea. A definite hand I need with this lua. I am still learning, but I don't know how to place the lua to switch out for something like that.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
N-Tranced: I think I found something that tells me when in bonus round or not. Bonus round falls under a Value of 1 (02002666 or 0200266A). The issue with those two address is that it cannot identify the Space/Ball/Waterboard levels as it mixes up with Platforming levels. Once I find a proper value which also incorporates Space, Ball and Waterboard switching values won't be a problem. Edit: 0200275D is another-one which places Bonus rounds as 45 same issues as the other two address above. Edit 2: 020092D4 was another stumble. It gives correct counts on what you're in. Space levels stuff merge with another... Edit 3: Commits (02010951) I haven't checked Genie Powers yet. Edit 4: Doesn't work with Genie Powers but so far it's the best one. (03003024) is similar, don't like this though because it cannot identify some things. Values of 02010951: -49 - Space (This can be represented by the last else when no value cannot be found from the above). -35 - Map -1 - Title Screen 0 - Globe 1 - Normal 2 - Bonus 7 - Cutscenes 51 - Wakeboard
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Alright here's a newer update: Crash N-Tranced lua 1.1 (2.89 kb) Issues:
    > No Speed Y (Warepire's one doesn't seem properly valued (for me)) > Missing Ball Speed still < Ball Speed Velocity hasn't been added > Ball glitches in... since no proper value for it. (Space makes sense when in black) > Camera Count missing. > The Positioning might not be best (Please feedback for that) < Space Issues due to it being -45 < Clock needs to be hidden for space. Due to the value it's hard to hide.
You're looking at issues now. right I'll tell you what's added (minor update mainly focused on Bonus Round).
    Falling new value for Normal. Cleanup + Fix with the older values for Normal. (Fix involved Air which sometimes changed to Ball) Ball got a new value. Air/Ground/Falling Checking at Bonus Levels. Slide/Spin values for Bonus has been added. X Speed + X Position in Bonus has been added. Surf has been added. Surf speed added with a note that -43 is fastest speed.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Nice finding the flag for area-type, I failed to when I tried, a hint is that it's unsigned, the values will make more sense to you if you read it as unsigned. The speed value of the Wakeboard is actually a dword (readdwordsigned), you might be able to read it as a byte... but then remove the "signed". This is how you get the atlas sphere velocity in the direction you're going:
Language: LUA

local AtlasVelocity = math.abs(memory.readdwordsigned(0x02002544)) + math.abs(memory.readdwordsigned(0x02002548))
The abs function in the math library (included by default in the lua engine) removes the signs making the value positive always. For Y velocity, that is the only address I found that increases and decreases "properly" when you jump. Also, when programming, use tabs to change the "depth" of things. Example using your code:
-- SPEED AND/OR PIXEL POS.
if area == 1 then -- Normal
	gui.text(8,38," SpeedX: " .. memory.readbytesigned(0x02015059),"orange")
	gui.text(8,30," PixelX: " .. memory.readshort(0x02014FD9),"orange")
else if area == 2 then -- Bonus
	gui.text(8,38," SpeedX: " .. memory.readbytesigned(0x02015471),"#CCFF33")
	gui.text(8,30," PixelX: " .. memory.readshort(0x020153F1),"#CCFF33")
else if area == 51 then -- Wakeboard
	gui.text(1,112,"Speed -43/" .. memory.readbytesigned(0x02000F44),"#CC99CC")
end end end
It increases readability of the code tenfold. Final tip for now: The usermovies allow uploading of watches and lua scripts.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Warepire wrote:
-Tips and other stuff. It's above this post-
It was easy to find the area-type especially with a boss flag (I used Fake Crash). The values between the boss and a level are the same number (1). I also used the other levels (Space, Atlas, Platform, Bonus and Wakeboard) to look for "Number of Changes" and kept count.... It was annoying to find the one true one. Okay I understand how to get the Atlas' speed. Ah that's what Y Velocity means. I took of tab for my legibility when I use Notepad++ I can see the stuff working into it, the space annoys me. I will fix that in future use for the people. Yea I should start using the wip area to post these because google will stop accepting these soon.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
1 2
6 7 8
11 12