Active player (432)
This deserves to be highlighted: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=ed67d1ae2f9693ed42867a2e79b7cae4427574e3 As the commit says, it fixes heat effect glitch. Abahbob helped delroth, kudos to him. This commit supposedly fixes some glitch in paper mario aswell.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Skilled player (1705)
AngerFist wrote:
This deserves to be highlighted: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=ed67d1ae2f9693ed42867a2e79b7cae4427574e3 As the commit says, it fixes heat effect glitch. Abahbob helped delroth, kudos to him. This commit supposedly fixes some glitch in paper mario aswell.
Is it the puni graphical glitch where the punis are shown as MissingNo.'s?
Player (33)
Yes, that is the one. I would test it, but recent builds of Dolphin seem to crash whenever I load the save that is in that room <_<.
IronSlayer wrote:
Your counterargument would be like me saying that the Earth is round and then you telling me that I need to show it's flat so I can "prove us all wrong".
Seems legit.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
The Puni glitch didn't seem to be fixed for me, at least in Direct3D mode (the new OpenGL won't work on my computer). Try this save right after the Chapter 2 Bowser intermission (where all the Punies are seeing Mario off outside the Great Tree) and see if it's fixed for you.
Skilled player (1705)
CoolKirby wrote:
The Puni glitch didn't seem to be fixed for me, at least in Direct3D mode (the new OpenGL won't work on my computer). Try this save right after the Chapter 2 Bowser intermission (where all the Punies are seeing Mario off outside the Great Tree) and see if it's fixed for you.
Uh...loading that save file seems to crash Dolphin as soon as the mario heads appear. Oddly enough, making a new savefile and starting a new game doesn't. :o Mind making a savefile in the tree? Edit: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=6525&start=100
Here's something that could be useful for people who are using the Lua builds: I managed to implement a C Stick Function by editing a bit of Abahbob's and Dolphin's source code for the Lua Builds.. If anyone is interested in having a try with it, I'll gladly upload it. EDIT: Spoke waaaay too soon, it controls it like the Main Stick o_o, guess that's what I get for speaking before even testing the whole thing! XD EDIT 2: Never mind, got it working(Atleast I'm sure I got it). Should really check things before posting >_>
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2284)
Since I don't know what the TAS Route involves. Cosmo mentioned this on his twitter and it's up on WooferZ. Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff wrote:
Since I don't know what the TAS Route involves. Cosmo mentioned this on his twitter and it's up on WooferZ.
Interesting, it looks much faster than the short hover. But isn't this one more faster but more precise? Link to video
Patashu
He/Him
Yeah, that's probably still what TAS will do. (It's not done in RTA due to being frame/pixel perfect.)
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Patashu
He/Him
Does anyone know what makes 'Chill with Zephos' happen or not? It's the effect seen in these two runs, where the cutscene of talking with Zephos after learning the Wind's Requiem is cut off, saving time: Link to video Link to video (abahbob needs to get this glitch for the TAS)
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
riking
They/Them
I remember some theories being "moving too far" or "waiting too long". No clue how much credibility that has, though.
Bump, made my first WIP. Quality looks gross, but I think it's hard to upload a 6gb+ file.. >_> Link to video Also the dry storage spot I did was in a slower spot, I then realized that I needed to use the more optimized spot, I'll do that all later, but for now.. enjoy? The superswim is a bit unoptimized, but I don't feel like doing all those frames again. One more thing I need to mention is, why the wind waker doesn't save onto Y button when I saved the game? It'd help a ton if someone could help me with that. I'll probably ask Abahbob later though. ANY feedback is appreciated, just not on the video quality haha. (I plan on fixing a lot of things, so bear with me here.. still a newbie too!)
sack_bot
He/Him
Player (111)
First things first, why are you using the U version instead of the J version? Japanese has faster text and (at least) one less cutscene
Message me here for my discord. Current Project: Psycho Waluigi Project on wait list: None?
I didn't feel like using the J version, because I didn't want to have to buy and then dump the whole file. I remember buying a U(not the Wii U) version years ago when Wii hacks were first made and made codes using a USB Gecko. But that's all in the past. And I prefer English text anyway, I personally think that if I used Japanese text, no one would be able to read it(other than our Japanese folks of course). I can always buy a Japanese copy, But that's gonna take days! I know we can probably remember text, but what's the fun in that? :P
QuizmasterBos
He/Him
CGF95 wrote:
I didn't feel like using the J version, because I didn't want to have to buy and then dump the whole file. I remember buying a U(not the Wii U) version years ago when Wii hacks were first made and made codes using a USB Gecko. But that's all in the past. And I prefer English text anyway, I personally think that if I used Japanese text, no one would be able to read it(other than our Japanese folks of course). I can always buy a Japanese copy, But that's gonna take days! I know we can probably remember text, but what's the fun in that? :P
Well, the text isn't exactly important in a TAS. People are not going to watch it as a let's play, so to speak. You could always try and procure a J version later, but this is not required. Now, I don't know when the route changed actually or if it did. Wasn't the original route that after getting the Wind Waker you'd go to Northern Fairy Island, get the wallet upgrade and then go in the submarine to get caught and thrown into Forsaken Fortress? Why did you go back to Outset?
Like I said, many things are going to be fixed. And I'll need to re plan the route too. Just remember, still a nub and hopefully will learn some things on the way. The route will most likely change when the Tuner support for Dolphin comes out, Abahbob made a route on his twitter using the tuner, I'll probably grab that later.
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
CGF95 wrote:
I personally think that if I used Japanese text, no one would be able to read it(other than our Japanese folks of course). I can always buy a Japanese copy, But that's gonna take days! I know we can probably remember text, but what's the fun in that? :P
Actually much more people would be able to read it. Check view counts of tases on nico vs youtube.
Experienced player (703)
RachelB wrote:
CGF95 wrote:
I personally think that if I used Japanese text, no one would be able to read it(other than our Japanese folks of course). I can always buy a Japanese copy, But that's gonna take days! I know we can probably remember text, but what's the fun in that? :P
Actually much more people would be able to read it. Check view counts of tases on nico vs youtube.
Seriously; You have USA copy, get free JAP copy lul
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
QuizmasterBos wrote:
CGF95 wrote:
Well, the text isn't exactly important in a TAS. People are not going to watch it as a let's play, so to speak. You could always try and procure a J version later, but this is not required. Now, I don't know when the route changed actually or if it did. Wasn't the original route that after getting the Wind Waker you'd go to Northern Fairy Island, get the wallet upgrade and then go in the submarine to get caught and thrown into Forsaken Fortress? Why did you go back to Outset?
Most people including me prefer the English version due to being able to read the text. There has never been a consensus or expectation that the J version must be used. The only game I've ever used the J version on is Mystical Ninja, and that was because it had a map glitch which wasn't in the U version.
Active player (403)
I agree. I don't really see a problem in downloading the (J) ISO. I'm not sure exactly how much time Japanese would save over the North American version because there are less triforce charts to collect. Someone should really look into that if they haven't already. I still think Japanese would be faster (because i know it is in real time).
People, it's all good. I am getting a Japanese version! I don't want to cause an argument or anything.. If it's really the J version people want, I'll get it lol. Honestly, I don't mind redoing a TAS! I've only done.. what like 500+ rerecords? That's really no problem for me haha.
With so much and long lasting cutscenes i'd personally go for the English version. I wouldn't even watch the JP one.
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
Less text means more % gameplay. And it is the gameplay that matters, so with that definition, JP text should be default. People don't watch speedruns to follow along the story, people watch them to see games done fast. If they want something else, just go and watch a walkthrough or let's play. JP text saves like 15 minutes in a run. It would just be dumb to not use it.
Wow, that is a lot.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Also with the number of sequence breaks it would be hard to follow the story anyway.