1 2
8 9 10 11 12
Spikestuff wrote:
For Crash runs going via LOAD GAME instead of NEW GAME is unacceptable.
I didn't know that. Why is it unacceptable ?
Spikestuff wrote:
2nd I looked back at the input file. You completely took all of Lil_Gecko's input.
I used the first part of Lil_Gecko's input (from the beginning to the title screen) and made the rest by myself (that's why the author is Lil_Gecko). I shouldn't do that, sorry. Actually my movie is a little bit faster than Lil_Gecko's one (24 frames I think) and it's NOT the same.
Spikestuff wrote:
Exact. Same. Input.
Nope. Similar, but not the same. (You can see the difference in a video)
Spikestuff wrote:
You haven't given us your lua.
Just a mistake. The link is updated.
Spikestuff wrote:
Every other feature was used from me and got4n
My script is totally different but most of the features are the same.
Spikestuff wrote:
And.... what exactly is this "better precision"
I'm using 4 bytes adresses instead of 2 (you) Actually I'm French, is my sentence understandable ? (I'm talking about the sentence in my first post)
Spikestuff wrote:
Your files on the 3 glitches are known.
I never heard about them so I shared those glitches
Spikestuff wrote:
Welcome to TASVideos.
Hum...thank you
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Awesome you're not a one time user.
Dica wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
Every other feature was used from me and got4n
My script is totally different but most of the features are the same.
This was an assumption when I didn't see the lua. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay I see where you are coming from. I compared the inputs with vegas and all the way through it was the same. I'll add you into the lua. > The parts I will be adding is the parts you've changed (XSpd + YSpd as 4bytes). Future reference for you: The X/Y Pos are actually 2bytes not 4 (or whatever that is o.o). Wumpa is not really needed as they're not important as much (lives too but who want's to press select). -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dica wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
Exact. Same. Input.
Nope. Similar, but not the same. (You can see the difference in a video)
Link to video ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Also your English is actually good. I'm English (Australian) and my vocab just goes crap here... there... elsewhere.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Spikestuff wrote:
Exact. Same. Input.
Okay I see now. I uploaded the wrong file that's why the inputs are the same. I re uploaded the file.
Spikestuff wrote:
The X/Y Pos are actually 2bytes not 4
I don't understand why 2. I'll investigate. And sorry about the mistakes...just a waste of time...
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Nice ! Glad to see someone else interested in this game. You forgot to take the intro skip into account when you compared both our movies, so yours was actually 4 frames faster iirc. I've restart the first level, and saved 4 frames over yours. I think I can save 1 or 2 more frames. Would you mind doing some of the other levels so I have something to compare with?
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
How about you two working together?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Warepire wrote:
How about you two working together?
2nd that notion. I brought it up to Dica on skype. You two are perfect to tas this. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Special values. There are in-area timers in this game. They are: 03004164 - Polar Sections (This is half broken) 03001404 - Flying/Polar Levels 0300082C - All Levels These work in 2bytes. Also these reset every death so it's like a checkpoint type thing.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Sure, why not. If Dica wants to, it's fine by me.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Lua update for Crash Huge Adventure: Crash HA lua - 1.7 (6.42 kb) Update + Cleanup = Some better update. Ilari + Dica has joined in on the list. "Thanks to" is added too for their contribution in alternate ways which was added into revision but taken out in final. I accidentally forgot to put Dica on the "Values found by" list, but not edited by, boy I'm dumb. Issues:
    > The Positioning might not be best (Please feedback for that) - Also the famous issue. > Need to update N.Gin image. > Cannot find a damage value for Crash + Polar > Cannot find a damage time for Crash > Cortex Charge Value isn't found > Speed Y 2 byte for Bonus > Called Dica, Diam because I did this late T.T
Added/Changed:
    < Speed X and Y are now 2 byte values (X for Bonus) < Decided to put pos. Y in platform levels now < Pos Y found for Bonus < "Cortex Cooldown" has been added... telling you when Cortex shoots next < "LTime" is added which involves the amount of time within a level/boss. It resets at death/exiting bonus (good for 101% for sectioning each part off) < Invisibility time known as "SAFE" < Re-arranged values in Cortex fight. < Dingodile's Shield has been added when is it on and off < Spin cooldown for underwater added + "Spin Dur."-ation for amount of time in a spin < Swimming X/Y Pos is now 4 bytes (if there is issues with this I'll swap it back or if you want the original values to go with it) < All boss health removed. But still being used for something else (Mask Pos.)
Future:
    < Hide all values at start that are unwanted (based area code) < Hunt down working values for intro to get best start (this is next to impossible) < Invisibility frames (both loosing aku and invisibility).
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Since we now have 2byte values on Xspd... What is the appropriate for optimal speed for slide spinning + slide?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Post subject: DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP
Spikestuff
They/Them
IMPORTANT LUA IS OFF BY ONE FRAME (so is Dica's) USE THIS AS THE BACKUP it's a watch file.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Experienced player (703)
yeah it's a vba problem
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Spikestuff
They/Them
Any progress or correction made in the TAS?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
It's currently on hold. I'm working on other projects and I got real life stuff too. Plus I haven't heard from Dica since he last posts. I might get back to it but not in the near future.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Alright, take your time. When your back mention what's done.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Lua update for Crash Huge Adventure: Crash HA lua - 1.8 (7.29 kb) and Crash HA watch - 1.2 (795 bytes) Update + Cleanup = Another Update. Issues:
    > The Positioning might not be best (Please feedback for that) - I HATE THIS ISSUE!!! > Need to update N.Gin image. > Cannot find a damage value for Crash + Polar > Cannot find a damage time for Crash > Cortex Charge Value isn't found (impossible)
Added/Changed:
    < Y Speed Bonus found < Swim POS values are 2bytes again (same as watch file). < Hidden value created (Woo!~) 1st issue which already fixed. (It had the same value as the final boss Mega-Mix) < Warp Room Timer added (useless?/thoughts?) < Invisibility Timer for Bonus round. < Bosses: Tiny, Dingodile & Cortex have X&Y values (Dingo is just X)(I was considering N.Gin + Mega-Mix but reasons not, should be clear) < Removed Boss health count (completely).
Future:
    < Hunt down working values for intro to get best start (this is next to impossible) < Invisibility frames (both loosing aku).
I was planning to update and fix N-Tranced... but as you can see that didn't happen. Fun Fact: Cortex's Cross-hair (reticle) is actually to the point.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
When I was looking for the Y of Dingodile... Note: My position is in the middle. And then this happened:
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
I was trying to update N-Tranced, it's acting weird with the lua. So basically I'm going to restart that lua from the ground up.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Post subject: N-Tranced lua is back.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Lua update for Crash N-Tranced: Crash N-Tranced lua - 2.0 (3.86 kb) and Crash N-Tranced wch - 1.1 (834 bytes) Restart. Issues:
    < The Positioning might not be best (Please feedback for that) < The Watch File doesn't have in timer for Atlas levels as they are all different.
Added/Changed (From 1.1)*:
    > 3 area checks have been made instead of 2 > Atlas Velocity added (I think values are wrong) > Surf Speed Corrected > Cleanup hud for boss fight Coco > Checking has been removed (floor, ground, air, falling, etc.) > Level Time Added (Really corrected from Clock 255) > Mask Check Corrected > Lives and Boxes Corrected
Future:
    Boss Positioning - I was planning to add this but I was trying to figure out where to lay it out (especially Coco's). Invisibility - Next to impossible it requires finding the values which for me brings up the error message.
*1.2 which was being made got corrupted so I had to delete and restart.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Post subject: N-Tranced BUGS
Spikestuff
They/Them
Now I didn't completely go through it when making the lua so I got some bugs to share (use watch file it's a lua issue). Full Bug means Bonus + Normal Level, Bug means Normal, Bonus Bug means Bonus. I went through it with my longplay that I made so it made things easier to find. ATLAS LVL LTIME BUG Prints of Persia END Bug Runaway Rug Bonus Bug Hoppin' Coffins FULL BUG Magma Mania Bonus BUG Now it's Istanbul BUG Mister Lava Lava Bonus Bug Slip-N-Sliding' Sphinx FULL BUG Rock Casaba Bug Eruption Disruption Bug King to Uncommon Bug Fire Walker Bug
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
I was just browsing the YouTube, stumbled on this: Link to video So I thought, I should provide my Huge Adventure and N-Tranced save files. I have my Huge Adventure (@ 101%) and N-Tranced (@ 84% (deliberately 84%))
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Bizhawk now has in it's latest revision r6994 Issues.............. Well... all these values are busted now. Also that BizHawk doesn't have colours on lua... so that's a bit of an issue. So I'm guessing I have to redo all of this again. Yup.
KILL ME
Crash Huge Adventure might take some time considering the values that were found for it. And until vba gets chucked into the land of never again I'll take my time with this newer lua.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Did you check if the RAM addresses you have works on the memory bus domain? That seems to be what matches the old emulators.
Spikestuff
They/Them
no idea on how to do that.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Link to video One thing I obviously don't get is that jump glitch. Is that Jap exclusive?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
Man I love doing value hunts with BizHawk! (sarcasm) *sighs* Well I can say that I finally figured out how to use ram search with BizHawk so expect to see new updates.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
1 2
8 9 10 11 12