Post subject: Request: Sword of Mana/Seiken Densetsu
And I say unto you, "Why not?" We've already got the original version done, and dare I say, done very well. I'm sure the remixed version has a buttload of stuff you could use to make it a quick speedrun. Plus, I'm too lazy to play through the game myself, despite the very awesome arranged music and Seiken Densetsu 2-style graphics. So...who's up for it? Also, if this topic already exists, go ahead and lock this and redirect me to the existing topic so I can bump it. :x
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look. -=( http://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-
Post subject: Re: Request: Sword of Mana/Seiken Densetsu
Active player (277)
Joseph Collins wrote:
"Why not?" We've already got the original version done
You just answered your own question.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Well, he sort of un-answered it by saying
I'm sure the remixed version has a buttload of stuff you could use to make it a quick speedrun.
But it'll take more justification than that. Such as: they changed so much stuff that it'd be like running a completely different game. (I'm not entirely sure that's true, but it'd be a good reason if it is, assuming the game didn't also become terribly speedrunning-unfriendly.)
Well, it does play like a brand new game. I mean, you have a two-person party system now, and you can play as either the Boy or the Girl! Plus, they carried over the spell and weapon-levelling systems from the "later" games into this one. So basically, it's a bit like what would happen if someone ROM-hacked Seiken Densetsu II with Seiken Densetsu's storyline, enemies, events, and miscellanious junk. Besides. Someone played through Metroid Zero Mission... Why not this one? =P
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look. -=( http://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-
Former player
I'll have to agree that I'd like to see this run. It IS a Zero Mission-like remake for the original FFA/SD game. There's plenty of differences, but not so much that you can't see bits and pieces of the original game (like Zero Mission). So, yeah, I'd have to vote for seeing this one done.
I'd like to see it too--mostly because I never got very far in the game.
Player (24)
I like the orginal game much more. I have played this as it released in japanese and later in german I think. I notice some minor differences, one chest stand in an other corner and one house looks different inside when I not wrong. But I don't like it so much then the orginal. So many news that it would be much harder to run and I will not do this one here. The orginal was hard enough to play near perfect. Here are to many options and I don't know this game so good. And I think there would be two different categories for this one. Boy and Girl. I think they are a bit different. You play some different Stages when the girl get kidnapped.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
I've been playing through this game. A 100% would be very hard for this one with the vast amount of sidequests that they just injected the game with so you'd feel like you got your money's worth i guess. I like this game better than the original, but I was disappointed in the soundtrack.. The sequel's music was so amazing, so diverse, so freestyle. the one after that just as good cept 3 times as long. legend of mana was psx so it had no limitd, but secret of mana 1/2 had better tunes simply put, and could be enjoyed without drastic orchestral arrangements.. Seiken Densetsu, without an orchestra, was just noise to me. The fact they didn't add more music to at least try to par up with the 2 sequels was disappointing, where even if music is the lower end of gameboy advance, it's still doable. Nevertheless, playing through the game again, and seeing MattyXB's interpretation of the original, it grew on me. I was also disappointed they didn't use Flammie. Flammie was the best part of the series. A flying dragon. Aww yeah! Cannon travel's cool and all, but not as cool as crusing and flying through the whole map. I was also disappointed they removed the chocobo from the game. For one thing, the chocobo was FAST. REAL FAST.. and you know how both genders like their automobiles: FAST.. same goes for giant mutant greenish grey birds! Why settle for a slow one? That's... really all I have to say that's bad about the game. The game is vivid.. Beautiful. both on a gameboy advance as well as a tv screen/monitor. The plot's been extended on, to be a bit deeper. More cutscenes. You get a whole different experience playing it, I guess since the story's been told differently, or a different translation. Oh yes, and they added some of the good qualities in legend of mana. The seed growing thing, where you harvest your seeds and grow fruits and vegetables... You give these fruits and vegetables to Watts (at least one tradition's kept) and a lil bit of G, along with your weapons/armour.. then you tell him to MASH IT IN THE ARMOUR. Tempering your equipment with mushy produce is THE WAY TO GO They also kept Lil Cactus. Oh man, that is one other very random thing in Legend of mana that had to stay for future generations of Mana. Lil Cactus, and the very disturbing repetitive music. Sword of Mana is no disappointment. It was worth the 30$ when it first came out
HWIOHIIOWHIOHIDH HEBlkbnrkashpoirhjpakirhkl;23332232322
Yes, this game is radically different from Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure. If you wanted to emphasize that, the player could select to play as the girl. I seem to recall that this game allows nice, quick play... but it would still be a pretty long show.
Post subject: Sword of Mana
Hello everybody! I just started a Sword of Mana (GBA remake of Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest but in a completely different game). I used the Mode7 USA ROM. Feel free to suggest improvements! User movie #13875504219505060 Youtube video uploading (for lazy people!)... http://youtu.be/JX0-cJ8P6jQ
Experienced player (703)
Didn"'t watched whole movie since I never played SOM, but 2 things: -Are you sure you correctly did RNG? Rerecords tells me you didn't :p -Don't use Mode7 rom, use one which doesn't tells mode 7 / Pas tout regardé mais bon, comme j'ai jamais joué à SOM :p, deux trucs: -T'as bien manipulé la RNG? Les rerecords sont trop petit pour de la RNG :p - Utilise pas la rom Mode7, car c'est inutile, prends une où y'a pas. Bonne chance pour ton TAS / Good luck!
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
That Jackal fight looked pretty fast. Nice. I'm wondering though, do you want to do a TAS with the boy or do you want to do a TAS while finishing the game asap? Because if it's the latter, then the girl is faster. =P She has less bosses to fight and distance to travel. Both categories are fun though.
@got4n I only did the intro and the very first fight. So ~2000 rerecords seems good as ~1000 are on the fight ^_^... I prefer Mode7 ROM as the ones I found with no Mode7 are all text hacked. / J'ai seulement TAS l'intro et le premier combat. Donc ~2000 rerecords dont ~1000 sur le combat, ça me semble correct ^_^ Et je préfère la ROM Mode7 car celles que j'ai trouvé sans Mode7 sont text-hackées... @Thomaz I'll do an any% boy run. And then I'll maybe do an any% girl run...
Experienced player (703)
T'es sur que c'est text-hacké? Sinon prends la version JAP, en plus la version JAP est souvent plus rapide :p You sure it's texthacked? You can take the jap version, jap version is usually faster :p
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Experienced player (630)
Do Mode7 ROMs are allowed? I mean... That signs piracy, and the public doesn't like that for some reason. Probably cuz they would also think it has cheats.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Kurabupengin wrote:
Are Mode7 ROMs are allowed?
Mode7 is a bootup sequence before the game. For a TAS this isn't allowed, it wastes some time. Also for Submission we don't want these types of roms. Clean ROMS* is what we prefer to have. Example of a Mode7 bootup: Link to video *Roms with no bootup sequence.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
The Mode7 bootup is as long as the non mode7 splashscreen. So I think it doesn't waste any time.
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2142)
I just compared, the mode7 one seems to be one frame faster than the regular one actually. But still, a clean ROM is needed anyway. I didn't manage to find a good one either, except for the European version. I would imagine it being the same however. Also, as you'll have to redo this with a different ROM, I suggest you switch to VBA V24 instead of V23 =).
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
UraKn0x wrote:
The Mode7 bootup is as long as the non mode7 splashscreen.
Even though what Tompa wrote above was true it is desired for you to use a Clean Rom of the game. Which means no intro sequences.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
UPDATE: Shame on me, the second result you get if you search for Sword of Mana US rom in google is a clean non-Mode7 non-text-hacked rom... So I tested on a non-Mode7 ROM, and it syncs perfectly! So I'll continue my TAS on the USA non-Mode7 ROM. EDIT 2: I tested on VBA-rr24, and I have to add a frame at the beginning of the movie. Then it syncs until the Poron fight (2nd necessary fight, when you meet the girl). Then, the RNG does not sync, so I'll have to restart my TAS from here. Error, I tested on VBA-rr23 the second time, on version 24 it totally desyncs... But is VBA-rr24 really better? The last VBA-rr released is version 23. So must I really switch to VBA-rr24 or is the last (and more downloaded) v23 better?