1 2 3 4 5 6 7
nice wip
Skilled player (1150)
I found a faster way to use H. zk547, you can use it in mission5's 2nd boss. press |→B|→B|→|→|→|→|↘B|↘B|↙|↙|→B|→B| or |→B|→B|(blank)|(blank)|(blank)|(blank)|↓B|↓B|←|←|→B|→B| this is no move.
Active player (303)
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I posted and more than a year since I started this, but I just haven't had the time for the last few months to work on this. I have a some time this week so I tried to pick off from where I left off, but I'm having some trouble trying to manipulate the boss. I'm trying to make it go left and still get 6 hits with F, but I can't seem to find the solution. So now I'm posting this wip here to open the question to anyone who is interested. If anyone can find a good solution to this, it will be greatly appreciated. wip
Currently Working on: Metal Slug X - Mission 1 (On hold)
Skilled player (1150)
zk547 wrote:
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I posted and more than a year since I started this, but I just haven't had the time for the last few months to work on this. I have a some time this week so I tried to pick off from where I left off, but I'm having some trouble trying to manipulate the boss. I'm trying to make it go left and still get 6 hits with F, but I can't seem to find the solution. So now I'm posting this wip here to open the question to anyone who is interested. If anyone can find a good solution to this, it will be greatly appreciated. wip
I think the most important reason of 6 hits with F is boss up and down, and the opportunity of shoot. In x2poet's run, he made the boss in the left, but most of F only hit 5 times. He shot in the bad moment. Maybe you can jump and change the shoot of opportuniy (y axis).
Active player (303)
mission 4 done! about 1566 frames saved so far. finally got some more time to work on this. Mission 4 had me stuck for a while. Finally decided to have F only get 5 hits once and have the boss move to the right. Even so, I had to delay L for 3 frames (should be 2, but it's 3 because of lag) to get the boss to do what I wanted it to do. mtvf1, thanks to your L trick, I only needed 31 F. If you can upload the next few boss hp's, that would awesome.
Skilled player (1150)
Congratulation, you have completed half of the game. In mission5's air play, there is a faster way to use Vulcan. Just do it like my Metalslug Advance run of misson3 boss fight. After Vulcan shoot 5 times, press A and direction key to change the shot direction. So I can shoot 1 more time in every 10 shots. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340205#340205 And don't forget shoot from the longest distance, and then move near to the foe's planes, like x2poet's Metalslug Advance 2nd run of misson2 boss fight. Edit: Sorry, I made something wrong. No need to change the direction of shot.
looks good
Active player (303)
Back to this game again. I want to try to finish this. I'm currently in the first part about to fight the first helicopter after you descend through the clouds. Though there are choices I have to make. After fighting the two helicopters, there is a bomb item that flies around. x2poet opted for more missiles in order to destroy Allen faster. However, if you throw the slugs against Allen, motorcycle soldiers appear at ingame times of 56-55 and 52-51, where you can get more bombs. With more missiles, x2poet destroyed Allen around 53-52. I think the best scenario is to get bombs from the first item, throw the slugs against Allen as late as possible and still get the first bomb from the first motorcycle, and then destory Allen with pistols and get the second bomb from the second motorcycle. But I don't know how much slower using pistol would be or even if I can destory Allen fast enough pistol. If it's too slow, I'd probably just get two bomb items, use the slugs till around 52-51 and then throw them.
Skilled player (1150)
1 second 300 damage, if getting bombs waste too long(more than 3 seconds), I think you should give up it.
Active player (303)
What's Allen's hp? Do you know? I did some quick testing and so far I'll keep the slugs till 52-51. Whether I'll completely give up bombs or not still has to be tested. Throwing them early takes way too long.
Skilled player (1150)
Don't forget this encode. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321434#321434 I wrote these lua HP display last year. It can help you found HP easily, though it's not perfect. http://www.mediafire.com/download/h53qb1ff7pz914u/metalslug.lua.zip Metalslug 1 to 7, X, and A. But there is a bug that use DeSmuME to make a movie when you load lua.
Active player (303)
Getting extra grenades from an extra motorcycle will cost 180~190 frames. Is it worth it?
Skilled player (1150)
zk547 wrote:
Getting extra grenades from an extra motorcycle will cost 180~190 frames. Is it worth it?
I guess it is not worth. Unless you can use more missiles in middle scroll.
Active player (303)
up to Allen There is a glitch against Allen where if you manage to destroy a truck while it's overlapping with his ship, he will take infinite damage and will die from just a pistol shot. I knew about it, but I wasn't sure if I could pull it off in two player. Fortunately, I managed to find out a way to do it. Because of that, I can throw away my slugs at the first helicopter to destroy it faster and get extra grenades from the tank before Allen. For now, this wip gets the extra grenades at the end, but that can be changed.
Skilled player (1150)
I only know the same glitch in mission 5 of ms1. That boss's fire can damage themselves, but it's second type is undamaged until 20 seconds over(if no lag frames).
Active player (303)
For Morden, is there any reason to leave any grenades? Right now, I don't see any reason and am planning on using all of my grenades on him, but just in case I'm missing something... Edit: new wip up to Allen Not much. Just changes the end of the Allen fight after doing the glitch. Instead of waiting for extra grenades, I destroy Allen as soon as possible. I had to hit the ship with H to make the soldier shooting the missile disappear quickly and make Allen appear faster. The pistol can't reach the soldier so I could only use H. Total of 3103 frames saved.
Skilled player (1150)
Use your all grenades on Morden. Because you can get enough grenades in next part. Throw one rocket and add one player's bombs to 99.
Active player (303)
For 99 bombs, I would need to get 10 bomb items from the aliens and then a few more for the rocket missiles. Wouldn't that cost too much time? I don't know if it'll be worth it unless the enemies have less health if I throw both rockets, which I would then consider throwing the slugs.
Skilled player (1150)
It's seemed some walls and enemies don't need to be destroyed at first time.
nice allen kill! keep it up
Active player (303)
Morden Defeated! Wow. Morden was a hard boss to do, especially at the beginning of the fight. I had to delay shooting with Marco by 18 frames at the start in order to manipulate him to go low so that Fio could throw all her grenades at him while using turnaround-cancel. I do this at the beginning because I don't know if I'll have the opportunity to do it later, which turned out to be the right thing to do. I originally had planned to have both Fio and Marco stay on the platform, but it became nearly impossible to throw grenades fast, because I have to hit the ship because hitting Morden himself with grenades doesn't do any damage. Not to mention that Morden sometimes doesn't take damage from bullets too. Later on, I had to let two of Marco's H miss because of bad luck, I couldn't manipulate him to stay low all the time, though even if I had better luck, I'm not sure if I could've manipulated him to come down again like I did. There are I think 2~3 times where I had to delay shooting with one character to properly manipulate Morden. Though having 19 more grenades and having Marco stay on the platform to use faster H and then turnaround-canceled pistol allowed me to save a lot of time. Total of 4011 frames saved.
Active player (303)
I've been thinking about how to approach the space part. Right now, I'm thinking of using all missiles with one player to destroy the first ufo's fast and then throw it before the asteroids so that I can have L in human form before the midboss. The rocket will get S because it can fire S faster (Unless using L for rocket is better because it can fire two lasers, then the human player gets S). At the midboss, I'm going to get 99 bombs for one player and 30~40 missiles for the rocket to speed up the rest of the midboss and destroy certain enemies faster inside the mothership. This means that I would have to manipulate 12~13 bomb items from the aliens.
Skilled player (1150)
I think player1 throw rocket is better than player2. It's seemed L has the double damage in rocket, but still slower than S in rocket. And I think 20 missiles is enough.
Active player (303)
I think whichever player gets 99 bombs depends on who is better off at using them on Rootmars (final boss). In x2poet's run, player 2 is able to exit the Metal Slug earlier and attack first, but lands at a bad location to use F. So I'm pretty sure player 1 will end up with F and player 2 will have S (or D?) going into Rootmars. It depends on whether F does more damage to Rootmars than S or not. Are you sure 20 missiles is enough? It looks like x2poet uses nearly 20 missiles from both rockets to finish the midboss after he gets missiles. And I should still try to have some missiles to use inside the mothership. Edit: After seeing other videos, I think it's best to throw player 1's rocket. It is possible to get 10+ hits with F on Rootmars, which means it'll do 200 damage from just the mainflame, meaning F can do more damage to Rootmars than S. Unless Rootmars has some sort of resistance to F.
Skilled player (1150)
Maybe the bombs is better than missiles, though the missile's power is 200. But bombs is quicker. If getting bombs can't cost much time, throw the both of rockets? It is possible to get 2 F before Rootmars2. When beating with Rootmars2, getting G is the best choice, 20 arms and 100+50 power, if 2players can get G.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7