Skilled player (1705)
rog wrote:
That sounds good to me. If i fix up the first part real quick, do you want to do the end?
Ok. I'll try and see if the credits could be triggered slightly earlier.
Skilled player (1705)
Hi again! I was playing around this glitch, and came up with a bunch of conclusions. 1. ALWAYS use the challenge marker near the pizza parlor, as doing pizza missions revert you back to spiderman! 2. This glitch can also work like this: Start a mission that has a blue checkpoint. Noclip into the daily bugle, and attempt to start a bugle mission. The cutscene would play, but you won't get the mission. Do this several times, then exit the building and complete the blue checkpoint objective. There's a random chance afterwards that you get forced into an challenge while swinging around. 3. The dodging minigame in the arcade works well using parker. Exiting a minigame also brings people back to the map. 4. Purple crime missions can happen while playing as parker in an empty map. 5. Parker can die too from criminals and falling. 6. DON'T fall into the water; you'll get stuck in an infinite loop 7. Dying also reverts you back to spiderman 8. If you somehow managed to "force" parker as spiderman, like for example, doing this glitch and then try to complete the art gallery robbery mission, you'll revert to spiderman WITHOUT powers except for dodging bullets. 9. You CAN complete missions by luring enemies into water. 10. You can start challenges as parker. 11. You can go to another chapter as parker 12. Noclip into the daily bugle, then wait for the chapter intro to appear. It will not pause the game within the bugle. The 2nd outcome is important as it may potentially trigger story events. I'm still trying, however, to trigger things other than challenges. Edit: The earliest chapter you can do conclusion 2 is 5. Also, it seems to give different results depending on how many times you've talked to robbie to get a bugle mission, and whether or not you skipped the dialogue.
Skilled player (1705)
jlun2 wrote:
2. This glitch can also work like this: Start a mission that has a blue checkpoint. Noclip into the daily bugle, and attempt to start a bugle mission. The cutscene would play, but you won't get the mission. Do this several times, then exit the building and complete the blue checkpoint objective. There's a random chance afterwards that you get forced into an challenge while swinging around.
Ok, I've tested more times, and it seems that whether or not you've skipped Robbie's dialogue is irrelevent. Challenges are triggered just by being near them, and sometimes, you can even do green missions from citizens in distress while in this glitched challenge mode. Drowning yourself twice in succession, or going to the daily bugle may be the only way to exit the challenge without freezing in place, with the later choice being somewhat random. I'll see what I can do with this glitch. Edit: Btw, to those thinking that you can activate the blue mission, go the the bugle, save and respawn near the blue checkpoint, the glitched behavior doesn't carry through save and reload.
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
Would anyone be interested in an actual run of this game?
Zarmakuizz
He/Him
If you have fun TASing this game, don't wait for our opinions and go ahead :)
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
Zarmakuizz wrote:
If you have fun TASing this game, don't wait for our opinions and go ahead :)
Alright :D well I started a little bit, I did up until Spidey first goes to Dr. Connors class and made a video for it. Before I make any more progress though I want to find an x-speed address to track his speed. Can anyone help me find it? Here's the video: Link to video
Active player (469)
bihan wrote:
Alright :D well I started a little bit..
That was amazing haha..
Patashu
He/Him
bihan wrote:
Before I make any more progress though I want to find an x-speed address to track his speed. Can anyone help me find it?
Of course! Use this guide to find 'higher and lower' position and speed: http://tasvideos.org/MemorySearch.html Because x and y positions (standing on the ground and moving around), you don't know which axis points in which direction, but z (being higher and lower) is always obvious, do things like 'I jumped up, assert my z position is higher' 'I fell, assert my z position is lower' and you will very quickly find z position. Then look at the surrounding memory addresses and you will find x position and y position too! You can try the same with z speed, but z speed 'might not exist' as a memory address, so you may not find it (-> may have to make a LUA script that tracks change in x/y/z between frames and tells you how much it's changed) You may also find that instead of x/y speed you have horizontal speed and angle. It depends on the game. Another trick you can do is trying to find HP memory address. The surrounding memory addresses to HP may also be useful things.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Zarmakuizz
He/Him
Dafuq did I just see oO Maybe a small speed/entertainment tradeoff you could do, how about almost hitting the ground while Spidey is swinging in the air?
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
The lost Prototype port for the GC! Well done bihan!
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
Patashu wrote:
bihan wrote:
Before I make any more progress though I want to find an x-speed address to track his speed. Can anyone help me find it?
Of course! Use this guide to find 'higher and lower' position and speed: http://tasvideos.org/MemorySearch.html Because x and y positions (standing on the ground and moving around), you don't know which axis points in which direction, but z (being higher and lower) is always obvious, do things like 'I jumped up, assert my z position is higher' 'I fell, assert my z position is lower' and you will very quickly find z position. Then look at the surrounding memory addresses and you will find x position and y position too! You can try the same with z speed, but z speed 'might not exist' as a memory address, so you may not find it (-> may have to make a LUA script that tracks change in x/y/z between frames and tells you how much it's changed) You may also find that instead of x/y speed you have horizontal speed and angle. It depends on the game. Another trick you can do is trying to find HP memory address. The surrounding memory addresses to HP may also be useful things.
Thanks! I'll try using this too. I looked at THC98's tutorial but I still didn't find the address. And thank you everyone :)
Skilled player (1705)
Nice! For this game, there's a whole bunch of oddities like the occasional clipping glitch, to NPC's suddenly glitching out. I would love to see that abused. :D
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
jlun2 wrote:
Nice! For this game, there's a whole bunch of oddities like the occasional clipping glitch, to NPC's suddenly glitching out. I would love to see that abused. :D
Awesome! I hope there's an OoB glitch somewhere. If I could do that in a boss fight that would be really neat I think and I may have found something about the memory addresses: the one I'm looking at only shows Spider-man's speed when he's on the ground (running), so there must be one for when he's in the air too :/
Skilled player (1705)
bihan wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
Awesome! I hope there's an OoB glitch somewhere. If I could do that in a boss fight that would be really neat I think and I may have found something about the memory addresses: the one I'm looking at only shows Spider-man's speed when he's on the ground (running), so there must be one for when he's in the air too :/
Well, I managed to get OoB at the warehouse at the last chapter, but it happens seemingly by pure luck. Also sometimes I swear I move through a building as if it weren't there, but again, I have a hard time replicating them. :o
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
jlun2 wrote:
Well, I managed to get OoB at the warehouse at the last chapter, but it happens seemingly by pure luck. Also sometimes I swear I move through a building as if it weren't there, but again, I have a hard time replicating them. :o
I'll fool around when I get to that point in the run. I found a neat trick for swinging too; if you swing, boost, then wall run, you can keep the speed while flying in the air :) the wall run needs to be started close to the edge of a building though.
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
Okay so because of the new revisions and the finding of that neat little trick, I restarted. I made it all the way back to the first fight while TASing, significantly faster. I replayed it and it desynced very early on in the run.. It's happened in the old WIP too and it's really annoying. Sometimes I'll replay it and it will desync somewhere, other times I'll replay it and there won't be any desyncs at all. Are there any ideas for why this happened or how to avoid it?
Skilled player (1705)
Is it the latest revision? There was a similar bug reported here https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=7497&start=100 Try posting as much info and the input file as well.
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
I'm using 4.0-4167, so it's not the latest but it's somewhat close. I used to use 4.0-1430, that's what the WIP was made from. On each, they would usually only desync if I TASed for a long period of time. I don't have Dual Core or Idle Skipping on, I'm using LLE recompiler for audio, and I'm not using a memory card for either .dtm. I did play with the graphics settings while TASing, but I did that before where the desync happened and it didn't have any effect on the TAS. Here's the input file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vly707ea77jg7v/Spider-Man%202.dtm?dl=0
Active player (469)
Skilled player (1705)
If you ever continue this, given how the wall detection is somewhat bad, I wonder how many places can you clip into with TAS like precision..
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
solarplex wrote:
bihan wrote:
Here's the input file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vly707ea77jg7v/Spider-Man%202.dtm?dl=0
Link to video
The bit at the end where Spider-Man hit the building wasn't supposed to happen either. And I'm betting that there are places to clip but I don't think there will be a lot of uses for them.
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
Link to video How it should have turned out.
Skilled player (1705)
Hey I'm not sure if it would ever lead to larger discoveries, but I did this glitch at chapter 4 after Rhino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9PlnpKTgM then completed a pizza mission to turn back to spider man. I was able to proceed through the game again except the minimap and LP bar disappeared. I thought nothing of it, but then at the chapter 6 while I was going to MJ's apartment I suddenly froze in midair near the daily bugle. I could still move the camera and use the map, but I seem frozen in midair. Also half the city failed to load and resulted in large areas of darkness.
bihan
He/Him
Player (60)
I'll check it out when I get that far lol. I haven't touched this in a bit because of the desync problem. I'm still at the first fight.
You can access the pizza mission before the doctor connor mission starts. It may save you some backtracking. Also while ascending walls, like in the tutorial section, it may be faster to continuously jump then sprint up the wall. That way you will have full sprint speed... I may be wrong and jumping might be faster. I've never tested it.