1 2 3 4 5
20 21
Post subject: Battle toads 1P
Is it just me or is the zip of that empty?
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
you're right, it's an empty zip! bisqwit to the rescue plz!!! - btw, thanx for the "pretty impressive" there :) - i really doubt the real game doesn't allow 2 players in the level 11, it is just a famtasia problem. my real game is pirate and has a cheat that allows you to get 5 lives anytime (UP+start), so i'll test it later when i have time.
Active player (410)
FODA wrote:
- i really doubt the real game doesn't allow 2 players in the level 11, it is just a famtasia problem. my real game is pirate and has a cheat that allows you to get 5 lives anytime (UP+start), so i'll test it later when i have time.
No it is really the game.I have checked it myself with VirtuaNes starting at this level with a Game Genie code and it's doing the same thing. But on Sega Genesis version it's not doing this if I remember correctly.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
dude... that is impossible wtf.... you make me want to test it right now :P
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
oh crap, i just tested on a real nes with a real game and damn! the second player doesn't respond!!! that sucks! the only thing i can say is: that level was not MADE for 2 players, i mean, wich one should the screen follow? it's like level 10, where player 2 was left behind at some point. but there was not a killing wheel following them at level 10... if the player got behind on level 11 there wouldn't be a way for the game to tell if he was on collision with the wheel or not. so they simply blocked player 2 wich is pretty crappy. it's one the biggest flaws i've seen in a game, and it's bad that it's on battletoads... oh well...
Post subject: Re: Battle toads 1P
Editor, Active player (296)
forddude1416 wrote:
Is it just me or is the zip of that empty?
Fixed!
This is not viewable on a Mac as there is no FMV viewer I am aware of. Can't someone please create and AVI? :(
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
fmv is a file used on the famtasia emulator. you would need it and also the game rom in order to watch the video. good luck finding the rom... avi will be available soon, i believe. i'm trying to make a very compact version (140 mb is too much, and that run is shorter than mine)
Active player (410)
FODA wrote:
avi will be available soon, i believe. i'm trying to make a very compact version (140 mb is too much, and that run is shorter than mine)
I doubt you can do better than I did :p
The size is not a big deal to me. Those using BitTorrent inherently require patience. I don't know of an FMV viewer on the Mac, not to mention the ROM issue. Maybe someone would be kind enough to convert that Zelda II FMV to an AVI as well. *please*
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
the movie doesn't need to have perfect quality, i remember the morimoto smario 3 movie was just understandable and i found it amazing. if people want a perfect movie quality they should get the fmv...
Former player
kwyjibo wrote:
Maybe someone would be kind enough to convert that Zelda II FMV to an AVI as well. *please*
There's no reason to, as I've already been working on a better version.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Former player
Maybe someone would be kind enough to convert that Zelda II FMV to an AVI as well. *please*
heh, I'd say that's probably among the top ten most commonly asked questions on this forum!
There's no reason to, as I've already been working on a better version.
I'll hold you to that. :)
Former player
ZII is going to be sweet.
Active player (278)
Yes, I prefer the AVI, because even though the FMV downloads faster, 1. I don't have to search for the right ROM. 2. I don't have to worry about it desyncing right in the middle of the movie.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
FODA wrote:
avi will be available soon, i believe. i'm trying to make a very compact version (140 mb is too much, and that run is shorter than mine)
We all could have downloaded a 140mb video a hundred times by now. O:) C'mon, any AVI is better than no AVI, right? *eager*
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i have a 100 mb avi ready, i pmed bisqwit but he didn't asnwer that pm, he "asnwered" another pm... my guess is he has no time to reply "sorry 100 mb i can do myself" lol fmv is so cool.... i watch any video i want anytime i want, just get the fmv and play it on famtasia, it's not hard at all... the rom is easy to find if u really want to..
Active player (410)
Maybe the video quality is lessen compared to mine but well ....
FODA wrote:
fmv is so cool.... i watch any video i want anytime i want, just get the fmv and play it on famtasia, it's not hard at all... the rom is easy to find if u really want to..
There is no FMV viewer for the Mac. I am using a Mac. With an AVI, I don't have to go searching for things, and I don't have to go to someone else's house to use his PC. :( Not everyone can view FMV files.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
oh i see.. now that's a reason :) sorry hehe i haven't thought of that...
kwyjibo wrote:
FODA wrote:
just get the fmv and play it on famtasia, it's not hard at all...
There is no FMV viewer for the Mac.:( Not everyone can view FMV files.
OK, Famtasia is the emulator used to play these .FMV files. MacOS X is built off BSD... hence it should run, if I'm not mistaken. I believe WINE runs Famtasia fine, since that's how Bisqwit captures these AVIs in any case. As for the viewing of the AVI vs. FMV.. I prefer FMV if you're worried about times because u can speed through @ 10x realtime whereas the max on my played for AVI is 2.5x. The only problems is that the FMV doesn't seek. Its forawrd-only. AVIs can be seekeble from start-to-end. So, to sum up: Get WINE and check to see if Famtasia v 5.1 (with rerecord/movie capability -- from the vending machine is easiest IMO -- will run on your computer. Thanks for all the input everyone :)
Active player (410)
No Wine can't be run on MAC OS X.Yeah it's true that MAC OS X take some part from BSD but it is not a BSD OS.
Yggdrasil wrote:
kwyjibo wrote:
FODA wrote:
just get the fmv and play it on famtasia, it's not hard at all...
There is no FMV viewer for the Mac.:( Not everyone can view FMV files.
OK, Famtasia is the emulator used to play these .FMV files. MacOS X is built off BSD... hence it should run, if I'm not mistaken. I believe WINE runs Famtasia fine, since that's how Bisqwit captures these AVIs in any case. As for the viewing of the AVI vs. FMV.. I prefer FMV if you're worried about times because u can speed through @ 10x realtime whereas the max on my played for AVI is 2.5x. The only problems is that the FMV doesn't seek. Its forawrd-only. AVIs can be seekeble from start-to-end. So, to sum up: Get WINE and check to see if Famtasia v 5.1 (with rerecord/movie capability -- from the vending machine is easiest IMO -- will run on your computer. Thanks for all the input everyone :)
There is also the issue of piracy. I do not own these games. It is not legal for me to download the roms. I am not prepared to break the law for your convenience. It does not hurt to have both the AVI and the FMV as options to download. If you don't want the AVI, don't get the AVI. It is legal for me to download a video, so I'll stick to that. Oh, and you're wrong about WINE. And before you mention VirtualPC next, even if I ran VirtualPC with a copy of Windows, which I do not own, nor am I prepared to buy, it would not run Famtasia at an acceptable framerate. Why do you insist on limiting the exposure of the videos by eliminating the AVIs?
Former player
Even if you did own the games, it is illegal to download ROMs. You can only make use of backups that you make yourself.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
1 2 3 4 5
20 21