Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Fun Fact: You can actually catch some of your uploads in the Flash format not the HTML5 format before it completely processes.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I saw that too. I prefer forcing Flash with plugins.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Senior Moderator
I don't think Flash has any advantages at this point. HTML5 video has caught up in every respect and then some.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
That's personal preference, don't ask why.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
moozooh wrote:
I don't think Flash has any advantages at this point. HTML5 video has caught up in every respect and then some.
3D is still better on Flash... and is actually correct, you have to wear your glasses backwards for HTML5 and HTML5 doesn't have the different colour options or mirroring the feed... unless I don't have that option on HTML5.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Banned User, Former player
If somebody ever makes a multigame-TAS of 135 simultaneous NES games, we can fit them all in a 4k video without any loss of pixels (in a 15x9 grid). If that's not a huge advantage I don't know what is.
Senior Moderator
I say just select 135 random 256×240 TASes and proceed with that. I know AngerFist will make a multi-game TAS of 135-megaman-clone-hack-lookalike eventually, but we don't have to wait for him, do we.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Pokota
He/Him
I don't believe that would be preserved 1:1 on YouTube - doesn't it convert everything to yuv420p anyway, or did I miss something?
Adventures in Lua When did I get a vest?
Koh1fds wrote:
Not only resolutions above 1080p on youtube have noticeable less compression artifacts, but if you watch 4k video on 1080 monitor it looks noticeable sharper and cleaner than same video at 1080p. It's better to have those resolutions even for 2D games, in my opinion ofc, because there noticeable difference edit: http://i.imgur.com/Uz7DPyC.png here it is. Both screenshots made at 1080 monitor with my lame encode. First made at 4k youtube replay and second second at 1080p replay. Both zoomed x8 with nearest neighbor. You can clearly see the difference. I can't see why not to have 4k encode if there is noticeable difference even at 1080 monitor. If you have 4k encode watcher can choose what he/she wants. Maybe someone wants more sharpness and clearness of the picture. Why not to have this?
Please compare these 2 encodes in all corresponding resolution modes: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ti63lPB--u0 https://youtube.com/watch?v=od-Q2PMjDeQ EDIT: Well I did that myself. Internal aspect ratio correction    (avisynth), 224p x6, pic taken from 1440p 1080p 720p External aspect ratio correction (mkvmerge), 224p x8, pic taken from 1440p 1080p 720p Internal ARC looks definitely sharper at 1440p, at lower res they look equally shitty to me.