Submission Text Full Submission Page
first nesmaker game tas. i got this game from: http://www.thenew8bitheroes.com/
i used taseditor to make this then exported it to an fm2 file!

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: This run is very sloppy. We don't need these kinds of runs on this site. Read the thread for good advice on both how to optimize your movie, and how to properly share it for feedback (Userfiles).
Cancelling.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5864: ItsameMario203's NES Troll Burner in 02:17.06
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Light Spike. 1476 frames of blank input removed. "trollburner_demo.nes" So this isn't the final game. Edit: Forgot that I didn't place my vote or thoughts. This is suboptimal in a good amount of places even when it's a TAS that's under 2 minutes. My vote on Entertainment is Meh, but more can be shaved off from the TAS.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
Spikestuff wrote:
"trollburner_demo.nes" So this isn't the final game.
It is. It's a demo of the NESMaker program in the same way that Super Demo World is a demo of Lunar Magic.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Active player (257)
Tbh, I felt meh in terms of entertainment, but I can't help but feel a bit dubious about the movement optimization. Like at about 14 secs, you "burned the troll" but it seemed like it was out of your way anyway and could have been ignored. I've never played this and there could be a reason but, alas, there are no runs notes to go off of.
Somewhat damaged.
fcxiaopengyou
He/Him
Experienced player (546)
someplace look slow by eyes. so sorry to no vote.
Working on: [NES] Downtown Special - Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (J) ''2 players 100%'' Plan: [SNES] Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba (Japan) _________________ My English is pour. 
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
edit: movie with tricks noted below User movie #45838929824829194 - shooting slows you down horizontally, so you should only shoot when it's crucial - you can jump/shoot before a level starts. however, jumping also has another condition (maybe landing before level started?) - you can damage boost from enemies - you can use the top of the levels a bit... abnormally? so you can get across 2nd level by jumping on the middle wall then pressing A,empty,A,empty,A,empty,A,empty to get inside the "floor" and jump again (A,A) to go to the right (you can't leave the level on the top right corner) Probably will fool more around but needs more time (getting positions and movement values)
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
okay cool, I wasn't the only one that thought to work on this too I don't have a lot to add beyond what Meshuggah said. - Trolls randomly fly backwards or don't depending on when you shoot them, often like every other frame. If you're at a precise distance from them when you shoot, you can make it through the no-damage period if they don't get pushed backwards. - Shots stopping your momentum is actually a blessing for when you want to get passed a corner at the highest speed if you couldn't otherwise fall passed it/jump over it without bumping into it. Here's a demo movie I threw together in an hour the beats the whole thing in 1:28 and is still improvable: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/45839714382497456 This isn't the best programmed game, which makes me wonder about the engine it's showing off, but shrug!
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Well if the engine has these bugs, it will be great for us (TASers) :)
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
You're slower than this RTA run, even: Link to video (ignore the timer at the top) In fact, you don't perform a particular glitch which this RTA run does. As a bonus, here's a ViewSync link: https://viewsync.net/watch?v=fC64xYTWmgs&t=0&v=GvRgq2pZJ5s&t=0.9&mode=solo Top is your TAS, bottom is the RTA run.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Post subject: look, i was trying my best..
i know that my tas isnt good enough. its just my first tas.
Post subject: Re: look, i was trying my best..
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
ItsameMario203 wrote:
Please don't submit a TAS if you know that isn't good enough. Instead, upload your movie to userfiles space: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/my#uploadfile
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Post subject: Re: look, i was trying my best..
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Judge, Active player (303)
ThunderAxe31 wrote:
ItsameMario203 wrote:
Please don't submit a TAS if you know that isn't good enough. Instead, upload your movie to userfiles space: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/my#uploadfile
.... or never submit anything 'kappa'
Active player (257)
I don't see a forum topic on this game (*citation needed since I only skimmed the list) posting in a thread on the game, or any game you may have interest in TASing, is the best place to start. You can post WIPs, videos and (potentially) get feedback and discuss techniques and strats there. That way you can submit a run you can stand behind the quality of, and will be entertaining to others.
Somewhat damaged.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!