Aladdin is a port of SNES version to NES. Almost each of levels are there. The game was made in 1995 by Hummer Team. More information about the game https://tcrf.net/Aladdin_(NES,_Hummer_Team)

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk-2.0.1
  • To beat the game as quickly as possible.

Comments

This is my third attempt of speedrun. And now I well know bugs, tricks and where's the best route. So, i tried to do my best on this submission.
LevelsOld RunNew RunFrames
1-A173517314
1-B1560154812
1-C2267223334
1-D355724471110
2-A2046197571
2-B450144992
3-A8939891425
3-B329832980
4-A1994198113
4-B2311222784
4-C253225284
5-A1392137913
5-B2041202219
BS47074709-2
6-A249624897
FB8268197
Overall47706462931413
Time13.13.79212.50.2810.23.511

Stage by stage comments

Time between the levels are always different, so in some levels I saved frames because of black screen. I'll call it "Blackout" Sometimes better lose 1-4 frames and then get 10-50 frames.

1-A

Almost the same route.

1-B

Saved frames because of Blackout.

1-C

I slowed down to prevent a bug (Aladdin just stuck in the air)

1-D, First Boss

Throwing apples to prevent long attack animation.

2-A

Taking damage to save frames.

2-B

A lot of time to fun and running around. Saved frames because of Blackout. Saved 1 HP.

3-A

Almost the same route. Saved frames because of Blackout.

3-B

Fly and avoid.

4-A

Great bug to miss Genie's animation and his spawn of objects. Sadly never works by first hit.

4-B

Almost the same route. Saved frames because of Blackout.

4-C

The same.

5-A

Sand sand sand.

5-B

The bat doesn't hurt you if you fast enough. The hitbox is smaller than it seems.

Bonus Stage

No comments

6-A

Got damage instead of apple attack, saved frames.

Final Boss

Lose some frames to get the right welcome animation of the boss. (He has 3 welcome animation)

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: File replaced for a header that points to a known ROM.
ThunderAxe31: This movie is well crafted, thanks to little tricks and optimization.
While the game is a bootlegged port of a SNES title, it must be said that it's not as bad as many other bootleg games, and it's also pretty widespread.
The run is overall entertaining, also thanks to extra efforts that were put in order to play around during autoscrollers. The audience response was also very positive.
Accepting for Moons.
feos: Pub.
feos: The game was designed in Taiwan and was sold for Micro Genius like consoles (PAL Famiclones), which means PAL Asia and a few European countries. And even though it was made for PAL consoles, it wasn't compatible with PAL NES, but was compatible with Famicom, which was NTSC. Putting "any" as game version, and moving "Hummer Team" to that field as well.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5847: Kasha's NES Aladdin (Hummer Team) in 12:50.28
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Judge, Active player (303)
I'm making the encode... Here we go (sorry I slept) : Link to video
Player (84)
Thanks ViGadeomes. Ehm, should i have changed my old submission? Instead of new topic...
ViGadeomes
He/Him
No, you did great ! You change your submission for minor edits like less than 1 second. Here, there is too much changes.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2284)
ViGadeomes what Kasha asked was if they should've just gone with a submission replacement instead of a new submission. Honestly that's up to you Kasha it just means you have to wait longer cause you cancelled and created a new submission. (Then again, no Judge is Judging anything atm) Considering what happened between this new submission and the older one I say you did the right choice on creating a new submission judging from the changes. I'm going to vote Meh for the Entertainment.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Spikestuff wrote:
ViGadeomes what Kasha asked was if they should've just gone with a submission replacement instead of a new submission.
It's what I understood x)
Spikestuff wrote:
Considering what happened between this new submission and the older one I say you did the right choice on creating a new submission judging from the changes.
It's what I said but maybe in wrong words x).
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
This game also went under name of "Aladdin II" to differentiate from the other Aladdin bootleg game by Super Game and the crappy licensed port by Virgin Games.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
The game is quite crappy, but tool assistance made it look tool-assisted just enough for a yes vote.
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
There were questions on IRC about Dendy mode and its potential use for this game. I'll try to elaborate on every aspect of it. Here is a map of countries and video signal standards used in them. Note how huge the PAL/SECAM zone is. Compare it to which countries the NES/Famicom console was sold in. You will notice that most of the world has never seen official NES/Famicom release. That led to pirated clones of this console being sold all over Eurasia in early 90's. A Taiwanese hardware manufacturer, TXC Corporation, developed a device compatible with Famicom and with PAL/SECAM signal at the same time. They called it Micro Genius, and it was sold under different names all over Eurasia, where no PAL NES or Famicom was sold. In Russia it was sold as Dendy, and by that name it was recognized by the emulation scene, because it was Russian enthusiasts who studied how Dendy operates and how it differs from official consoles, and they convinced several emulator authors to add Dendy mode, in addition to NTSC and PAL. In most emulators it's called Dendy mode, but in fact it was a Hybrid mode technically speaking: NTSC games working on a PAL console, and Dendy wasn't the console this mode originated from, Micro Genius was. Most of the time pirates were simply ripping off NES and Famicom games, occasionally adding cheats to them, sometimes breaking them by this. Some games were developed for PAL Famiclones from scratch, but it's not easy to find them (TXC themselves developed some of them). And finally, there were ports of other consoles games to this platform. One of the developer teams doing such ports was Hummer Team. There is a HUGE article about its history, in Russian, called Hummer Team: все, что вы хотели знать о главных пиратах. Right now I have no info on whether such bootleg games were sold outside Micro Genius area. Since they were perfectly compatible with Famicom, there is a high chance they were sold in Japan. But carts such games were released on are incompatible with NES, and PAL NES timings were incompatible with those of Micro Genius. Considering that even official PAL NES wasn't very popular in Europe, bootleg games had vanishingly little chance to ever exist on the PAL NES market. This leaves us with a conclusion that bootleg games made by Asian developers for Micro Genius market were basically only spread within that market, with little possible exception of appearing in official NES/Famicom area. On the other side, emulators don't store Dendy mode in movies: neither bizhawk nor fceux. And Dendy timings are different from both NTSC and PAL NES ones. It means even if we record on one of these modes and watch on another, it might desync. But for cases when it works, I think it's sensible to allow Dendy mode for Asian bootlegs for PAL/SECAM area. That way they look and sound more authentic to how they played on actual consoles. Still, there should be no requirement about this. I think others would agree that neither banning not forcing Dendy mode helps with anything. And we already have a precedent: [3540] NES Super Aladdin by TASeditor in 05:36.25 Funnily, this particular submission was done on QuickNES core, which has no Dendy mode. But while we're at it, and since it was questioned on IRC, I thought I'd explain this situation.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3656] NES Aladdin (Hummer Team) by Kasha in 12:50.28
Player (170)
Yep. This game should be played in PAL Famiclone mode. Not only of that this movie also uses bad rom of the game. I think this is one of the many MMC3 hacks done by some other pirates. Original first release of the game have animated lava in caves of wonders level. All repirated MMC3 versions of the game lost that animation. Also MMC3 hacks have glitched "The End" screen as shown in this video. So not only this is too fast (it's like playing EU games in NTSC mode), but also uses bad hacked mmc3 port of the game.
feos wrote:
There were questions on IRC about Dendy mode and its potential use for this game.
I hope this info will be useful: Differences between PAL Famiclones/Dendy and official NES/Famicom timings (F.A.Q.)