Post subject: Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition WIP
Former player
So, I'm currently TAS:ing yet another game of my childhood, Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition. I'm past level 1 and have made some progress through level 2, but I can see that there's a lot of improvement to be made on the first level, but before I'm jumping onto that, I'm just going to see if it's entertaining at all... Let me hear what you think, please. GMV File: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1994644736/Jurassic%20Park%20-%20Rampage%20Edition%20%28USA%2C%20Europe%29.gmv Encode on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEr79kDrok I'm basically just jumping through this level, but I guess there will be a little more action in the rest of the levels. The enemies in the first level is basically just standing still all the time
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
I think this game is must TAS. It would be pretty interesting to watch despite long duration. This game is in my wishlist. These speedruns will be useful. https://www.speedrun.com/Jurassic_Park_Rampage_Edition There are Any% Grant, Any% Glitchless Grant and Any% Raptor runs.
Skilled player (1435)
Hmm... Any% Grant looks very cool indeed! A lot of weird glitches and skips, quite entertaining to watch = i like it. Game is short enough to become easy side project, i am not promise but probably will take it. I need to make test run to be sure.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Archanfel wrote:
i am not promise but probably will take it. I need to make test run to be sure.
It would be great. Will wait for updates) btw, if you will reproduce glitches, may you explain how does it happen?
Skilled player (1435)
XTREMAL93 wrote:
It would be great. Will wait for updates) btw, if you will reproduce glitches, may you explain how does it happen?
Main point of test run is to reproduce all these glitches and understood how exactly they works. I will post results of my testing somewhen next weekend.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Skilled player (1435)
Ok, non-optimized test run is completed, all important glitches were successfully reproduced. Link to video (Link to movie) I guess in two weeks optimised version will be already in workbench. Upd: Optimised version is submitted: http://tasvideos.org/6155S.html
Active player (434)
what... is the game actually 3 minutes lol? this is some great stuff
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Skilled player (1435)
I did non-optimised test-run for Raptor any%. Link to video (Link to movie) I guess in optimised version about 15-20 seconds can be saved. Actually Raptor any% TAS will be much harder to optimise comparing to Grant any%, so i wish good luck to ViGadeomes who is volunteered to do it. A few observations: -At landing is possible to recive additional 55-60 pixels. = Try to use it after each jump. -Raptor can increese speed in air when he recive damage. So it will be usefull to manipulate to shot in his back as many as possible. -Before falling from corner, when need to continue movement in same direction, leg attack can save some frames. -Normally Raptor is turning around is very slow, but sometimes during landing at corners is possible to turn around instantly. Probably there are some others way to turn around instantly, for example at Cargo Ship get damage from box at ice slide can help to do it.
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Triceratops jump glitch. don't know, useful or not. timecode 25:34 Link to video