(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Arthur! Ready to Race is a collection of minigames. The primary theme is the games are timed.
I made this when I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I don't have a lot to say about it... I usually write lots of detail, with tricks and level commentary, and time-table comparisons to existing runs... but honestly, this is a vault game. I don't have any particular insight into the RNG or anything else to add that will make it seem sexy.
Submitting to the vault just for the heck of it.

Firmware used

psone-45a.bin
DCFFE16BD90A723499AD46C641424981338D8378

feos: Running looks really bad in this game, but I tried it out myself and it seems to require a ton of effort to test everything, because you can only turn at 90 degrees. But the car levels do resemble sensible controls, because how much you turn depends on how much you hold the direction.
So since the racing levels also looked really questionable to me when watching at regular speed, I tested it myself as well. The main technique for 3D racing seems to work quite well: hug the turns and shorten the traveled distance. By doing that for a few minutes, I improved the first car level by 89 frames, and the second one - by 288 frames.
I can't help but call this movie sloppy. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6759: Meerkov's PSX Arthur! Ready to Race in 19:44.55
Active player (398)
I vote meh on my own movie. Also, I don't know why it thinks the movie is 19:57.48. It is pretty clear on youtube that the last input looks like it's around 19:47.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Meerkov wrote:
I don't know why it thinks the movie is 19:57.48. It is pretty clear on youtube that the last input looks like it's around 19:47.
Cause you dumped it with Alternate Sync. Edit: Bios Note. SCPH-101/103 (psone-45a) This is the psOne bios not to be confused with SCPH-1001.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
CoolHandMike
He/Him
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (636)
It is perplexing that a game that markets itself as a racing game has NO racing and in fact hardly any driving at all. Also not sure but some of that movement when you are walking around seems weird. For example instead of hugging corners when walking a path you will jerk left suddenly then go right sometimes. I saw that a lot on that...haunted(?) path.
discord: CoolHandMike#0352
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Saved 89 frames on the car level by casually poking around. While the running controls are terrible, the car behaves in a much more sensible way. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/63811350258727555
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.